WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

the dark knight was better done.... better acting, directing, cinematography

but the story of the watchmen is better than the story in dark knight. The music was even displaced in most the watchmen movie

$@+ @*!$$*@!@$+% ! how the hell can you compare TDK to iron man ? or even batman begins for that matter. IRON MAN is a washed up movie with falling actors inorder to project them back into the spot light. I mean seriously, you must be really into that cheesy stuff if you believe IRON MAN>BATMAN.

this is why marvel sucks now. it is no where near the excellence of DC movies. so far DC has made wayyyyy better movies than Marvel. if you don't agree,then you must have not know the real intention of comics.

edit:

Some bad news, the movie really tailed off in its' second week. Already down 60+% from the opening weekend sales. I really hope the lines of grit and sheer violence can be seen by movie execs.. The Watchmen is a gritty story, but the additional extreme violence and nudity pushed it to an R rating. People make such a big deal about comic book movies not pushing the envelope, but what's the point? The Watchmen is a great story by itself. Take away the gratuitous violence and nudity and it's still a great story. I think many people think that for a movie to be "real," there needs to be some shock value in it. But like I asked, "what's the point?" The only real warranted violence in the Watchmen were in the Rorschach scenes, and even then, toning it down wouldn't have made that big a difference in the film. The Nolan Batman franchise is said to be a gritty and "real-world" view of the caped crusader, but there's nothing grotesque about the films. It's unfortunate because Snyder was in a no-win situation. Sure, he could have went the Nolan route and updated the story, made it more realistic and relateable, but then die-hard fans would have had his head for not staying true to the source material. Going this route, the fan-boys were definately pleased, but many non-graphic novel movie viewers were turned off by the film and felt detached from what was going on. I mean, bringing up Vietnam and the Cold War had much different reactions from 1985 to 2009. I just hope movie execs. don't look at the Watchmen and think, "well, that didn't work, back to wholesome action hero movies."

Also, since someone asked,
Watchmen graphic novel > The Dark Knight story
The Dark Knight movie > Watchmen the movie
QFMFT

It's a shame the box office numbers went down so dramatically, I really think the movie was as good as it could have been.

As the quote above me explained, either he stayed true to the source material or changed it to fit his vision. He decided to respect the original work and tryto bring it to the big screen. Some things worked great, others didn't translate well.

It's a matter of what people expected out of the film, if you were unaware with the graphic novel, you could be a bit confused. Even if you read thegraphic novel, it still maybe didn't meet your expectations.

I think it's clear Snyder cared more about respecting the graphic novel and it's fans, rather than trying to make the film stand on its own and appealto a much broader audience.

I read the graphic novel, I really enjoyed the film, and I'm very pleased on how it turned out, despite audiences clearly being disappointed with itjudging by the second week numbers. I'll be seeing it a second time this weekend.

going to go see it again this weekend.

btw Watchmen > TDK.
-Better story
-Better action
-Sex
-Rorshach
-Carla Gugino (most important)

-The Juice

Finally saw this...thought it was
pimp.gif

Anyone picked up the Black Freighter?

I haven't picked it up yet, but I am looking forward to it.

The Bluray Directors Cut is out with 24 minutes of extra scenes including Hollis Mason's death. They are also releasing a 5-disc Ultimate Watchmencollection which will incorporate the Black Freighter within the movie extending it to 3.5 hours long, the digital comic will also be included. I hate it whenthey do that, they are trying to milk it as much as possible, they should have just included the Black Freighter with this Bluray already. Anywho, for thecheap and lazy, here's some of the scenes added, more specifically Masons death:

Back
Top Bottom