WAZZU IS OUTSTANDING AND GREAT

washington state cougars, 2nd :wink:
wink.gif

"LOVE is..
getting the shoes you want because YOU want them..
not because everyone else does.."

WSU so quick to forget their legacy of inferiority after a decent football season and a good basketball season. Don't get it twisted folks, you had a good year, UW has just had FAR more of those.
Team Pacific Northwest​

Support from another fellow COUG! Fuskies, youre only as good as your last season though, we can only hope we cougs've turned it around but we all gotta wait and see!!!! Yo Ian, this is the cat that sold you the infareds, how r they holding up? hope your rocking them, wish I'd kept them... btw, u show lotsa support for da dawgs, considering youre yet to be one, but for reals for reals, best of luck getting in

^^^^^i swear it's like every coug tries to block repressed memories or something! :lol:
laugh.gif

hey! are your athletic teams still sponsored by RUSSELL ATHLETICS!?? :D
happy.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
LOVEYOU want them..

^^^ Uh, no. Nike does.

And while we're discussing Nike, they ruined everything uniform-wise for UW. They instituted the lavender-like purple and the ugly gold color. Things were so much better when the Huskies actually were purple and gold. Now it's practically lavendar and dijon mustard. Even most Husky fans agree with me on that.

^^^ No, everyone doesn't know it because sports aren't everything. If you want an education in certain fields it's a better school for those programs. If somebody wanted to be a communications major, there's no reason to go to UW because their Com school is pretty much non-existent. Same goes for agriculture, veterinary medicine, and other things. Now if somebody wanted to be a doctor, then obviously you'd apply to UW medical school. Or for the law school if that was your bag.

^^^^^ fine. :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
UW >>>>>>> wsuexceptfarming), and "other things"

:rolleyes
eyes.gif
i gotta hear this :lol:
laugh.gif
LOVEYOU want them..

Well US News and World Reports lists UW as the 42nd ranked U in the country, WSU is 112th. They use a pretty comprehensive method and if you doubt me go ahead and look here.
Team Pacific Northwest​

so, while "WAZZU IS OUTSTANDING AND GREAT" :lol:
laugh.gif
), they pale in comparison to the UW.
Quote:
I mean you know how it is, I just gotta recognize terrific glorious marvelous magnificence.
:rofl:
roll.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

"LOVE is..

^^^Whoa!!! yall do sound sore as he!! and equally materialistic to say the least... yeah i forgot about all them other seasons...I do got short term memory since I cant live in the past, much less 1890, if you was an athlete, youd know you gotta have that, not to say that you're not because i truly dont know... but UW is not a UNC or a UCLA per say which you gotta say has true athletic prestige and gotta bow down to... but i do remember UW got ran in hoops by the cougs twice this year, whether they wore fisher price unis and starburys, russell athletics and shaqs, it didnt matter, you did lose in nikes didnt you?? so what??... I also seem to remember we made it to the rose bowl, alamo bowl, and whatever other bowls in russell athletic or champion or whatnot, didnt matter then either... have you gone to a bowl as of late??? But please shall we stop looking back?? can we live in the moment or look forward to whats ahead of us???... Now, gotta give props where props are due.. My hats off to your med program though, no shame in saying that!!! After all is said and done, I can only speak about my experience at WSU and not yours at UW (thats IF you even went there or are currently attending, lotsa bandwagoners outhere...) Please, no complaints or false expectations from us cougs to say: Oh yeah udubb is where its at!!!! My wifey's and I's degrees from WSU have provided, so gotta have pride, be thankful and keep a humble head about that... However, tell me this, lots of hope on Brockman and/or Hawes, are they gonna be dominating forces like say... Todd McCollough was in Philly??? All of'm BIG ol' huskies in the true meaning of the word.. now your boy Roy, thats a true talent!! over Nate or any other knucklehead my limited memories can come up with... his game is complete and silky smooth.... By the way, where the ladies at in your campus??? That is that look good, and dont have a mustache... my bad, my bad!!! there may be two running around green lake now that the weather's getting better...

Now to the dude that started this thread... Im tryin to lend you a hand here but c'mon my man!!! why is ur sn udub3??????? that dont make sense at all!!!!!

I read that and all I hear is you whining. Will Brockman be a star? Not likely. Will Hawes? Almost certainly (and which WSU players are lighting the league up? Any pro league for that matter?). Are you really comparing schools based on girls facial hair? I mean certainly that is a last ditch effort. Be proud of your school, thats great. Show pride, but its not the UW contingent that is endlessly comparing themselves to you, it is the other way around. WSU is like a jealous little brother pushed out of the limelight and every time they do something well they can't be happy with their own success and accomplishment but have to again try and stack it up to the UW. Well unfortunately for you and yours you simply don't stack up. Yes, as the Cougs will no doubt not stop reminding us, at least until the tables have turned the Cougs ran the Dawgs this year twice even. I am sure you recall a defeat at home in the Apple Cup. So it is what it is and there will always be a certain amount of trade off in the wins/loss column. So take your shots, it just sounds silly to be so uppity about a legacy of being second class, all based on your hope that you guys are finally going to build something lasting.

p.s. Nice that you and the wife both got degrees from WSU (and as I have mentioned you can get an excellent education there)and all. The spelling and grammar (not to mention a painfully obvious misunderstanding of the word materialistic) in the response above certainly are not helping the Coug cause here though.
Team Pacific Northwest​

Maybe its just me but its clear that UW is better then Wazzu...Wazzu It always compares itself to UW, because UW is the highest university in Washington and sets the standards.

UW?=42

WSU=112

My 2 cents, the rankings dont lie... :pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
WSU is like a jealous little brother pushed out of the limelight and every time they do something well they can't be happy with their own success and accomplishment but have to again try and stack it up to the UW.
laugh.gif
UW is the better school overallMJ2229 :pimp:
pimp.gif
:x
sick.gif
dmbrhs :wink:
wink.gif
LOVEYOU want them..

Alright....my turn to help out the FRANCHISE and BFO.

Let's say your kid is a Senior in High School. He/she has no clue what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Where should they go? Wazzu or THE U? Academically, the options are much more open at the U. Wazzu excels in certain programs as noted earlier, but the U has many more options that are equally as good as Wazzu, with many more being better. Your kid chooses the U.

The standards to get into UW are also much higher. There has to be some reasoning for that.....right? I guess that the obvious innuendo from the facts is that MORE students apply to UW than Wazzu. Let's think about it for a second....more apply to UW......so UW is more popular? YES

Now coming from the angle of an international student. You want to study in the "states" (states = usa for those of you that don't get it. You have two choices.....UW or Wazzu. Duh, UW is the choice. You could move to the middle of nowhere....or move into Washington's largest city.

Nightlife.....Seattle > Pullman....nuff said

Sports.....Sure, Wazzu has been on the UP and UP the past couple years. What school hasn't gotten a little lucky? You guys did well with Ryan Lief a few years back, but we had a nice ride w/ Tuiasasopo. We also have a rowing program that is comparable to the DUKE's of basketball. I forgot to mention the apostrophe "s" to the program. We have both men's and women's programs that are annually ranked in their respective polls. That brings up another point, the women's softball team and volleyball teams have done well in the last 5 to 7 years. I believe the volleyball team won the Championship a year ago, and the softball team reached the playoffs several years in a row. Sorry for the ramble, but UW is obviously greater than their rivals in the East when looking at the entire picture of sporting teams.

So basically, the UW is greater than Wazzu. Wazzu can say they are stronger than UW in certain areas of academia. But what two schools don't have their strengths and weaknesses? And it cannot be denied that UW has a better overall school concerning academia than Wazzu. The rankings don't lie. I am pretty sure Stanford, MIT, Yale, Berkeley are in the top 10 to 15 for a reason.

Let's just end the debate. It has hardly been one.

I too have an intense hatred for the Ducks. Fact is I don't hate WSU, I wish them success against anyone and everyone except UW. The Ducks on the other hand I never want to see anything but a blow out with them losing.
Team Pacific Northwest​

Again, I gotta say whoa! As dude mentioned, theres no debate here at all!! Now u wanna get at me because of how I expressed my views!! and for reals, had I known I was being discounted points for punctuation and grammar, i would have ran the spell check and proof read it... you're ridiculous partna!! I got my bachelor's from WSU, but do you know if I got a master's and/or doctorate from other institutions??? In all honesty I got nothing to prove to you on the personal level... plus it should be a virtue to mold to your environment as of how to address an audience, and without taking anything away from anyone, I didnt know this was an academic, much less formal setting for me to change the way I express myself, as if I was addressing scholars and sh*t! I plain and simple was just sharing my two cent, voicing that love I got for my school thats all!! I wasnt putting out a deposition out for anyone, so take it for what it is, a post that is in disagreement with yall thats all!!, not a essay or article that is to be published! And just to make sure, when I mentioned "materialistic" I was referring to, the comment about: don't you guys wear Russell Athletic??? Which yes! it isnt nearly as tight as Nike, but should we care??? Tell me that isn't materialistic? it makes u sound like the type of cat that didnt kick it with folks that didn't have what u had.. I was addressing to this: Hey u got ran, and they could have been wearing cut offs potato sacks for all I now, it just shouldn't matter! I dont know, maybe we just come from entirely different walks of life.. Now uppity about a legacy of being second class?? Dude, youre downright reading too much into it... I wasn't persuading anyone to attend my school over ur school.... now the rankings, those are true facts, and you can't but respect them! Nightlife, although not up to par compared to any other big city, I gotta give you that too!! But I think that fact goes hand in hand with UW being in a metropolitan area rather than the Palouse per say... But you know what, at the time I posted that long comment, it was written all in fun, but I can see that as I stated earlier you dawgs are indeedy sore as he!! about the one season we ran the table, and I can see your fishing for whatever I put outhere for you to get at me for the smallest error, but be easy bro!!! Now about the ladies comment, Ill keep on asking where are your good looking females at??? the two or three you got... life is short so have fun, best regards from a coug, peace out!

you've clearly got love for your school, and that's fine... all i was doing was defending mine.

- academics? UW >>>>>>> wsu*overall

- sports? UW >>>>>>> wsu*all-time

- location? (nightlife, shopping, scnenery, etc.) UW >>>>>>> wsuNike :wink:
wink.gif
laugh.gif
)

objectively, we all know this is no contest.

have a great day. GO. DAWGS. :pimp:
pimp.gif

"LOVE is..

Wazzu is like your kid brother...you root for him to do well but you still have to put him in his place once in awhile just to remind him of who's running things.

Oregon on the other hand...they're like the annoying kid next door that you want to choke to death. ..or push into oncoming traffic.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^funny thing is, wsu's a better school than where you want to go :wink:
wink.gif

(but yeah, i think i'd rather stay in Hawaii too :lol:
laugh.gif
LOVEYOU want them..

Back
Top Bottom