Web Developers/Designers: Ok To Hire From India? VOL….Hmmmmm

I'm looking to develop a site. However, I get a lot of responses from India. Does anybody have experience outsourcing in India? 
I have to admit, there prices are lower then the likes of the US. We all know why, but in the back of my head there's "You get what you pay for"

nerd.gif

I have no experience with this, but I'd guess for something like designing a website, having a local option where you can sit-down and discuss things, and be in the same time zone, especially when it comes to design, would be more beneficial than outsourcing for a cheaper price

Strongly suggest against it. If the project is worth developing, it's better to have someone/a team you can meet, interview, and plan with. There's plenty of good talent here in America why deal with random people overseas? I had four apsps developed with a development team in NYC and even though it was expensive it was well worth it, especially when looking to expand your project or get funding. If it's small time work look for developers on craigslist there are tons of talented college kids who can do things just as cheap as outsourcing.

Like everyone said, unless your priority is to keep costs to an absolute minimum, I would advise against it. That's not to say that India is lacking in talented professionals who are good at their jobs, but it might be better for you to conduct business in America (and more specifically, close to your base of operation.) While outsourcing to India is cheap, you face potential problems from not being in the same time zone, language barriers, etc.

Like GetThisMoney said, you can find college kids who would be willing to do it for the same/cheaper price without the potential risks involved in outsourcing. Unless it's a huge project, I'd go that route, or look up a local company that specializes in whatever you're looking for.

i've done it. can't say that i would endorse it nor would i discourage it.

it's really on you. if you do a good job vetting these companies, making sure you find a good one and working out the terms and SERIOUS documentation before anyone starts anything...it can work out pretty well.
but if you're lazy...or if you're unclear about what it is EXACTLY you want, you're going to have one hell of a time getting your stuff done.

I find it's good for getting large projects of structure down. not so good for getting 'all' the details down.

Back
Top Bottom