Weight Training Tips... Vol. gaining weight

Originally Posted by kdawg

Yep, nbafatso (
laugh.gif
) is right - compound lifts - and I would suggest you lift heavy. 5 reps is my max. I do 5 sets of 5 reps - as soon as I can do that I add more weight (and the next time I can usually do about 3 and it takes a few weeks to get back to 5). I've seen great improvements in strength since I've been doing that - and just a thickness through my shoulders and chest.

I only ever do 2 lifts a night too - either squats or deadlift and then either a shoulder press, bench or pullups. Takes 45-60 mins to do those 2 lifts - with just a couple of minutes between sets and a few minutes between different lifts.
can someone chime in on this? can hypertrophy occur working towards a 5x5 routine?  ive always worked towards 12x5 or 15x3 when im bulking.

^ yeah i would like to know more also.. should i do 5x5 or more like 10x5... i used to do 5x12, 10, 7, 5,3 with more weight each set

^ yeah i would like to know more also.. should i do 5x5 or more like 10x5... i used to do 5x12, 10, 7, 5,3 with more weight each set

Back
Top Bottom