WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

About 3:36 -6:30 Is basically correct.
In my 6 years of experience being here You get people looking at you in 2 ways, You're either Lebron James, or your OJ Simpson..It took a petition and it doing super well in the states to get "Get Out" here. "Hidden figures" came here too, but they didn't do well in the box office here at all. It was basically foreigners (US, Canada, british, African people) going to see those.
Yes when you sit down in the subway, people will move, or just not even sit by you, Some of the younger people will but almost no one over 30 will.
The "Asian girls love black dudes" Is not real out here. This culture worships white people. Which is why it's the #1 Make up industry country in the world, a long with #1 plastic Surgery country in the world. There are a few spots and few women who want that Mr. Marcus experience, but it's the same as in the states for non blacks. It's a taboo thing. Wild thing I know more Black chicks with Korean dudes than Black dudes with Korean chicks.

5 1/2 years of teaching out her being called poop skin, or Black brother (which is not a good thing, it's like a fake hip way to say the N word to them). Telling them I'm from the US and them having the most legit look of confusion on their face as if it's not possible and that I am from Africa. It's not all the time so let me not paint the picture of them badly. But it has happened.

This the same country that in the last 5 years has been called out for doing black face on television 3 times........
They know better but they don't care. Koreans are crazy Xenophobic borderline racist. They hate other asians way more tho.
Atleast the people in the City areas, the country folk cool. Koreans still based off that hierarchy, confucious -ism system.

Master Zik Master Zik
You have a wife out there right? She korean?

How's the night life out there? As in clubs and gentlemen establishments

My wife is Canadian, no hate to Korean women, but not my cup of tea. A lot are very beautiful
Clubs are weird here. if it's not an underground foreigner heavy club , the others are boring, it's like a middle school dance where the boys and girls are separate dancing.

About 3:36 -6:30 Is basically correct.
In my 6 years of experience being here You get people looking at you in 2 ways, You're either Lebron James, or your OJ Simpson..It took a petition and it doing super well in the states to get "Get Out" here. "Hidden figures" came here too, but they didn't do well in the box office here at all. It was basically foreigners (US, Canada, british, African people) going to see those.
Yes when you sit down in the subway, people will move, or just not even sit by you, Some of the younger people will but almost no one over 30 will.
The "Asian girls love black dudes" Is not real out here. This culture worships white people. Which is why it's the #1 Make up industry country in the world, a long with #1 plastic Surgery country in the world. There are a few spots and few women who want that Mr. Marcus experience, but it's the same as in the states for non blacks. It's a taboo thing. Wild thing I know more Black chicks with Korean dudes than Black dudes with Korean chicks.

5 1/2 years of teaching out her being called poop skin, or Black brother (which is not a good thing, it's like a fake hip way to say the N word to them). Telling them I'm from the US and them having the most legit look of confusion on their face as if it's not possible and that I am from Africa. It's not all the time so let me not paint the picture of them badly. But it has happened.

This the same country that in the last 5 years has been called out for doing black face on television 3 times........
They know better but they don't care. Koreans are crazy Xenophobic borderline racist. They hate other asians way more tho.
Atleast the people in the City areas, the country folk cool. Koreans still based off that hierarchy, confucious -ism system.

Master Zik Master Zik
Thanks for the input.

As for the movie thing, all black casts or certain movies dealing with topics closely related with black culture/black community aren't what I would expect to do well in most foreign countries. Especially those without a black community.

Now there is the interest of other cultures that would be a draw but not nearly big enough. Especially if a society is programmed to a see certain groups in a certain light.

As diverse as America is we don't get a ton of Asian made movie of various genres (not just kung fu flicks). Not to mention how the casual movie goer here is adverse to reading captions.

Its always gonna be a battle and struggle to expose more and more ppl to different things.

As for that other horrible racist ****, ******* sucks but I'm not surprised.

I've lived in Flushing most of my life. These cats are on some other ****. To my understanding, they associate darker skin with poverty and all things bad. In a race war, they'll definitely try to fight for #TeamWhitey until they find out that #TeamWhitey not fuxing with them like that. The thing that really irked me though was when a longtime pizza spot out here turned into a Korean makeup store. Still salty about that tbh. And it's not just chicks, dudes are into that. They out here trying to be irl Kaneda.

Per my high school knowledge, Koreans typically kept to themselves. I myself knew a lot of Filipinos and Cambodians. Filipino folks are mad nice. I never been invited in so many houses and treated nicely in my life :lol:

I've lived in Flushing most of my life. These cats are on some other ****. To my understanding, they associate darker skin with poverty and all things bad. In a race war, they'll definitely try to fight for #TeamWhitey until they find out that #TeamWhitey not fuxing with them like that. The thing that really irked me though was when a longtime pizza spot out here turned into a Korean makeup store. Still salty about that tbh. And it's not just chicks, dudes are into that. They out here trying to be irl Kaneda.

Shout out to the Skyview outlet :lol:

As someone from an Asian background (half if it matters)...

The way black people are portrayed by Western media is 90% to blame for xenophobia/racism towards them in Asian communities (as well as other parts of the world). Younger generations are nowhere near as bad , but let's take someone like my mom and her family for example.

When my mom first moved to the US, she was pretty scared of black people (My dad wasn't, since there are many in Portugal and in Memphis, where he went college). Growing up abroad, her only experience of black people were American movies that showed black dudes murdering people, black dudes in prison, black homeless people, black drug addicts, etc. She was telling me how she immediately regretted coming here when she moved to the Bay Area (which at the time had a much higher black population than the gentrified version of today). However, throughout the past few decades of living near them and being educated on how black people are systematically discriminated against, she's come to understand that she was brainwashed in her younger years, and the only people she's afraid of now are crazy white dudes with guns.

The way she reacts when white people discriminate against black people today is not something I would've seen 20 years ago. Back in the day it used to be "Why don't these black people just stop committing crimes and go to school/get a job?" Now it's "White people took everything from them and then tell them to go back to Africa. Who's the real savage?" or "They shoot a black man for selling cigarettes but I see white drug addicts not being bothered by police in San Francisco..." or "If that was a black guy/Mexican/Arab, he would've been treated differently" etc.

It's hard to share that experience with people who haven't lived in similar communities. Some of my relatives are very xenophobic or racist, and I don't interact with them for that very reason. I usually give them one chance to change their mind, but if they still stick to their beliefs, then @#$@ them. I don't care if they're blood or not.

That's why this movie is so important. The CGI, fights, etc. are just trivial things; the movie is very empowering and important for opening the minds of people who don't have the chance to have proper interactions with black people or have the chance to learn that black people value things other than rap music and basketball.

I mean just from this movie alone, my mom kept saying "We do that/say that/believe that in our culture too!" which shows that outside a superficial level, we're not much different (obviously). The "colonizers" comments and museum scene hit close to home for her, and I'm sure it did for many people throughout the world as well. Hopefully it made them realize whose side they really need to be on.

Last edited:
As a half Korean, I concur with most of what tdogg said

However I wouldn’t say they worship white people though, more like they worship white/pale skin

A lot of them don’t like white people either

A proud people to a fault that unfortunately turns a lot of them xenophobic

However I wouldn’t say they worship white people though, more like they worship white/pale skin

Yeah the pale skin thing is universal throughout Asia and doesn't have anything to do with white people. It used to be based on the ridiculous logic about how poorer people who worked outdoors and in manual labor jobs were darker from the sun , while people who were rich and worked indoors were pale. It's a terrible way to identify "class" and status

When I used to visit my great grandmother after getting brown during soccer season, she used to say I looked like I servant and used to cover me in all types of herbs to get my skin back to da OG colorway. I was pretty relieved when she died TBH

I recently took a course discussing whiteness being a standard and how it's a beauty marker in Asian countries. Along with darker skin being a symbol of labor and was looked down on. In the relation to my course, it was used to discuss rift between lighter skinned blacks and darker skinned blacks during the colonial period . Interesting to hear how it applies on a global level

Last edited:
Yea the pale skin thing has absolutely nothing to do with white ppl. It's just Asian standard of beauty overseas. I'm pretty sure the root behind this pale is beautiful thinking dates to before white ppl That's why Asians overseas don't be going to the beach and be bleaching skin or whatnot :lol:

Whereas Asians who grew up over here are generally down with going to the beach to tan
lol

I'm light skinned and my sister is dark skinned. I remember my sister whenever she played for too long outside she'd get so black and my mom would be unhappy lmao

I can't say for sure cuz I never been to the Philippines beaches (I'm Filipino) but I wouldn't be surprised if all the beaches are mostly tourists filled

Also,

Last edited:

But worshipping paleness whiteness is still seeded in the difference of being the colonizers compared to being the colonized. And they recognize (most cultures) that white people lead in that department.
Again from personal experience the way they treat whites here compared to non whites are miles apart. There are still teaching job advertisements that say white only. I've worked with other white people here and the difference was wild. It's almost the same as in America. Where I gotta work 10 times harder than them just to earn my keep.
A personal story. My one boy was late to work everyday from either being hungover or just not caring. I was late to the job once for a class I volunteered to do for free and they threatened to fire me.
There's one black dude out here who has almost single handedly changed perception of black people to Koreans. His name is Sam Okeyre. He's from Ghana. He is fluent and just sort spreads awareness. He also knows the struggle. Here and spreads love. He models and acts out here. Again tho the newer generation is a bit cooler in terms of appreciating the culture. But like I said people 30 and above still be on that bs mindset.
Even my wife gets it out here she's covered in tats and they think she's a mobster. It's wild. She gets more stares than I do when she's showing her 2 sleeves.
These are just the negatives about here. There has been a lot of positives so I don't want to make it seem like Korea is trash. I've enjoyed my time here. I am ready to go and tired of a lot of the bs.
What I'll miss most is catching movies here a week ealy and being in there dying laughing while others are silent cuz they didn't understand the joke.

Last edited:
* never go to Korea :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

zx8qpf.gif

The 30+ thing is very true. That age group inAsian countries can often be behind in terms of xenophobia/racism because they were raised under dictatorships/borderline dictatorships/ultra conservative/ ultra nationalist governments until the late 80s/early 90s. That's why the younger people you end up meeting are generally very different and more cultured than their parents who grew up under the "My people are the best, @##@ everyone else" mentality.

I don't know if you should completely cross off Korea if you're black, as I've met black people out there who have enjoyed their time and have made good Korean friends/girlfriends out there (and I think the US overall is much worse in terms of racism) but I understand where you're coming from and can't tell you how to feel. Unfortunately traveling as a black person is very different than traveling as any other race, as there's too many countries where you have to face this BS, even in 2018.

From all the countries I've been to, I'd say Italy, Spain, and Greece are the worst when it comes to attitudes towards black people. Spanish people straight up deny having anything to with slavery and colonialism; I had people over there seriously tell me that "at least we dont have a history of racism like you Americans do" I literally googled a map of North/South America and told him "What was this ***@ all about then?" And dude did the typical "oh that? That was hundreds of years ago" cop out. Italy was just a giant SMH; never going back there regardless of how beautiful some of the places are. Their language is similar to mine, so 90% of the time I heard black people being referenced behind their backs, it was "black s____". I saw Neo Nazis in Greece, so no explanation needed

Portugal used to be bad during the dictator years, but over the past 20-30 years we've become much more inclusive and friendly, so I can at least recommend that side of my heritage to you semi-proudly :lol: the older people can still be trash, but they're almost dead anyway so @#$@ them. You won't be out in the streets partying with them in Barrio Alto :pimp:

I'd say France and England are the best countries for a black person to visit; I've never seen as many interracial couples anywhere in the US (even here in Cali) as I did in Paris and London, and the

Last edited:
Absolutely, Like i said it's not all the time i've just been over this place. Its actually been more this year since im in Seoul, Which is the pretentious fake place i've ever been. my first few years I was in the country, the last year I was in this factory town with a bunch of other South Asians (which they hate more than anything) So it was cool
I would say i've had about 70% good days here tho Here its like your good days are really good but your bad days are really bad.
You'll either have a day where you're lebron, people want to come up and talk to you, smile at you, wave. Then you have days where people look at you like scum of the earth, no one is friendly. you get doors closed on you. Spat at.

There's also not much to do around here, Korea's not much to visit for history, it's more of a now country, if you play League of Legends or Overwatch come thru

My parents watch Korean drama all the time so I got to admit I been wanting to visit on the strength of how pretty the women look in these shows alone :lol:

Disappointed to hear how weird they are in terms of nightlife

The 30+ thing is very true. That age group inAsian countries can often be behind in terms of xenophobia/racism because they were raised under dictatorships/borderline dictatorships/ultra conservative/ ultra nationalist governments until the late 80s/early 90s. That's why the younger people you end up meeting are generally very different and more cultured than their parents who grew up under the "My people are the best, @##@ everyone else" mentality.

I don't know if you should completely cross off Korea if you're black, as I've met black people out there who have enjoyed their time and have made good Korean friends/girlfriends out there (and I think the US overall is much worse in terms of racism) but I understand where you're coming from and can't tell you how to feel. Unfortunately traveling as a black person is very different than traveling as any other race, as there's too many countries where you have to face this BS, even in 2018.

From all the countries I've been to, I'd say Italy, Spain, and Greece are the worst when it comes to attitudes towards black people. Spanish people straight up deny having anything to with slavery and colonialism; I had people over there seriously tell me that "at least we dont have a history of racism like you Americans do" I literally googled a map of North/South America and told him "What was this ***@ all about then?" And dude did the typical "oh that? That was hundreds of years ago" cop out. Italy was just a giant SMH; never going back there regardless of how beautiful some of the places are. Their language is similar to mine, so 90% of the time I heard black people being referenced behind their backs, it was "black s____". I saw Neo Nazis in Greece, so no explanation needed

Portugal used to be bad during the dictator years, but over the past 20-30 years we've become much more inclusive and friendly, so I can at least recommend that side of my heritage to you semi-proudly :lol: the older people can still be trash, but they're almost dead anyway so @#$@ them. You won't be out in the streets partying with them in Barrio Alto :pimp:

I'd say France and England are the best countries for a black person to visit; I've never seen as many interracial couples anywhere in the US (even here in Cali) as I did in Paris and London, and the
I can cosign London. Lots of black ppl there. Was surprised by that. I'd always envisioned it to be a lily white city. I have lots of family in London and most of my cousins' friends are black. Apparently Africans like to immigrate there?

France though? Isn't there a far right movement over there and an uptick on police brutality on minorities in recent yrs. I haven't kept up on France the last couple of months but some of the stuff I heard I remember going :x And isn't France anti American in general

Last edited:
Disney vs Disney at the box office this weekend. Disney got to figure out how to avoid their movies eating into each other's profits

I can cosign London. Lots of black ppl there. Was surprised by that. I'd always envisioned it to be a lily white city. I have lots of family in London and most of my cousins' friends are black. Apparently Africans like to immigrate there?

France though? Isn't there a far right movement over there and an uptick on police brutality on minorities in recent yrs. I haven't kept up on France the last couple of months but some of the stuff I heard I remember going :x And isn't France anti American in general
London got mad black people lol. For non American black people (Caribbean/ African) if they’re not immigrating to to here or Canada its London. Also same thing with France. There’s s good amount of french speaking countries in Africa. So if it ain’t here or Canada they’re going to France. I went to Paris,France when I was like 3 and from stories and my very faint memory everything was copacetic.

Korean women are pretty but almost all you see in them dramas or k pop has been through surgery or super caked up in make up.
They're still pretty. But bodies aren't great.

That, and in addition, modern London/English culture is heavily influenced by the Jamaicans who immigrated there over the past few decades. The last time I went, I swear half the white dudes there were speaking (or trying to) Patois :lol: :smh: I don't trust those non London folk in England though, they're that inbred Brexit crowd that are as bad as Trump supporters. Even within London, East London has a ton of them

There's a massive African diaspora in France thanks to colonialism. Police brutality in France is high against Muslims...man come to think of it most of the world sucks :lol: :smh:

I've definitely been taking looking racially ambiguous for granted. It's not as easy out there for everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom