WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I turned What IF off, i dont care for animation.

Give me live-action MCU.

I really don't vibe with animation outside of Pixar movies, but the hype around this show is insane. Anyone convince me on why its worth watching? Seems like the storylines connecting to the larger universe will happen in the near future and I could possibly suffer through if that's the case. :lol:

The animation provided a lot of flexibility w/ Captain Carter showing off her abilities, to a degree I don't think we ever got with Rogers in the live action stuff; I don't know if they every made Steve strong enough to flip a car like that initial bout in Germany (pulling the helicopter in CW... ok). She also was way more about dat shield play than Rogers ever was.

The jumping from plane to plane was hilarious. But that's what you can do in animation as a different medium from live action. Wondered how Red Skull got the Tesseract back to make the portal--then realized Stark had been using it to power Iron Steve, and so when he went down with the train... etc. Pacing was a bit quick, but it is a cartoon.

Thought they'd make Steve that universe's Winter Soldier. That would've been interesting.

Sebastian Stan serving as the source for all (bad) one-liners in the show was cringe.

The first episode really wasn’t hitting on ****. I mean “What if…Peggy Carter got the super serum?”You can do the math on that without a show lol. Steve Rogers becoming Iron Man was more interesting but, you know what they’re doing. Idk if they’re going in order or just easing us into the wayyyy out stuff.

I really don't vibe with animation outside of Pixar movies, but the hype around this show is insane. Anyone convince me on why its worth watching? Seems like the storylines connecting to the larger universe will happen in the near future and I could possibly suffer through if that's the case. :lol:

Well Peggy Carter’s Capt Carter is confirmed to pop up again in live action in the future....that’s gonna be pretty dope.

capt carter was too happy killin people

:rofl:

its like Marvel wanted to make the $$$ they paid Hayley to make the dollar per word worth it so she just wouldnt shut up

Shang-Chi Runtime: Based on information shared on Cinemark's website, it appears the movie will clock in at 2 hours, 12 minutes.

1628795816743.png

The first episode really wasn’t hitting on ****. I mean “What if…Peggy Carter got the super serum?”You can do the math on that without a show lol. Steve Rogers becoming Iron Man was more interesting but, you know what they’re doing. Idk if they’re going in order or just easing us into the wayyyy out stuff.
It’s an introduction. None of these shows went all out on the first episode.

Disney Hints at Regret: Too Late to Change ‘Shang-Chi’ Theatrical-Only Release Plan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” was announced months ago as Disney’s first MCU title of the pandemic era to get a theatrical-only release — but that’s not the decision the studio would make today.

On Disney’s August 12 Q2 earnings call, CEO Bob Chapek hinted that releasing “Shang-Chi” only in theaters is not a move the studio would make now, citing the “unfortunate” COVID resurgence that the studio didn’t see coming. (Just a few hours before the call Sony Pictures announced plans to delay the release of their “Venom” sequel by three weeks.)

The COVID delta variant surge means that a delay for “Shang-Chi” is not possible, the studio confirmed. Chapek cited the pandemic as the main reason the studio created simultaneous release windows for their theatrical features in 2021.

Although “Black Widow” was one of the top-grossing films of the pandemic (making $60 million alone in Disney+ purchases), the studio appears to be returning to theatrical-only debuts — but Chapek noted that all Disney film releases are considered on a case-by-case basis and decisions are subject to change. Other 2021 releases, including Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” remake, were mentioned with the implication that they will retain their theatrical release date and format.

Chapek says because Disney acquired “Free Guy” through its purchase of Fox, it can’t be a simultaneous Disney+ release. “On Shang-Chi we actually think it will be an interesting experiment for us,” says Chapek because it will be the first Disney title to have a 45-day window before arriving on streaming. “That title was planned on being [released] in a healthier theatrical environment,” he said.

Disney touted the shared-platform successes of “Black Widow” and “Jungle Cruise,” adding that Disney+ now boasts 174 million subscribers. Revenues hit $17 billion, up from $11.8 billion in the year-ago quarter, while Disney posted a profit of $995 million.

:lol:

Must be some clear contractual differences between Black Widow and Shang-Chi cuz I know if they could they'd easily also release it on D+.

they have the 45-day deal/contract with theaters where its exclusive to them so thats probably why

hbo max striked the same deal with amc starting next year

its sounds more like an pre-emptive excuse if Shang-Chi has a low box office

chapek did havethis to say inregards toScarlet

The newly minted Disney CEO also made a point of depicting the Johansson legal fight as an anomaly.

“Since COVID, we’ve entered into hundreds of arrangements with talent…by and large they’ve gone smoothly,” Chapek said.

He also suggested that when Disney has had to alter its release plans for movies, it has come up with ways to reward stars whose bonuses were tied to box office performance. That was a sticking point for Johansson, who claims the simultaneous release of “Black Widow” depressed ticket sales. But it was a conflict that Disney is believed to have avoided with “The Jungle Cruise” star Dwayne Johnson by changing his compensation structure when the film also bowed on the streaming service at the same time it debuted in theaters.

“We’ve figured out ways to fairly compensate our talent so that no matter what the business model … everybody feels satisfied,” Chapek said.

Back
Top Bottom