WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Is that the girl power scene from Endgame? If so yes very clumsy, but did it change a damn thing about the story?
I replied out of the context of it impacting overall stories. But if that were the case I’d say Shang Chi was a forced movie/character that was done rather tastefully. One could argue Captain Marvel, with its placement in when it was dropped was also forced a bit. Both of these characters are supposed to have significant roles moving forward in avenger type films.

There’s levels to it, but Marvel has been good to not let any of the forcing become too corny or, and as some of you mentioned, too derailing of overall narratives. At this point, if they make it feel earned that’s all I ask for.

I replied out of the context of it impacting overall stories. But if that were the case I’d say Shang Chi was a forced movie/character that was done rather tastefully. One could argue Captain Marvel, with its placement in when it was dropped was also forced a bit. Both of these characters are supposed to have significant roles moving forward in avenger type films.

There’s levels to it, but Marvel has been good to not let any of the forcing become too corny or, and as some of you mentioned, too derailing of overall narratives. At this point, if they make it feel earned that’s all I ask for.
Yeah i'm not specifically asking you, it was in regard to the general conversation. The more this convo unfolds though the more it really sounds like "forced" is just anything non white male.

i'm all for it if done ight,..too much $ involved for em to blow it with **** writing/coaching...
like that Obie wan show....her acting is terrible tbh...y'all know who...i digress...

Companies can definitely be clumsy with inclusion since it's a fairly new concept to them (which is funny all the complaints since it's barely off the ground). But what even is an example of it completely altering a movie and ruining the story?
GHOSTBUSTERS 2016.

i'm all for it if done ight,..too much $ involved for em to blow it with **** writing/coaching...
like that Obie wan show....her acting is terrible tbh...y'all know who...i digress...
Ya 3rd sister’s acting is horrible. No not bc of her race. She is too young and she need to be more robotic.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

That movie was bad cuz it has a female cast or cuz it was poorly written and acted?

The simplest answer is usually the right one when it comes to these complaints. Its not complicated.
it wasn't only that. one of my major complaints I had with that garbage was how offensive it was. the jokes and how the men were portrayed. even janine got a better treatment that what they did to Thor. my wife was even offended by it. it was more like an overly aggressive feminist made that garbage. the material was a freakin disgrace to motion picture and how it made ghostbusters from an icon to nothing.

it wasn't only that. one of my major complaints I had with that garbage was how offensive it was.
Again that's a writing and acting and direction issue.

Nothing with anything being forced or the main cast being female.

The more you describe what you didn't like the less it has to do with what you were initially complaining about as far as "forcing" inclusivity goes.

And to pretend those things are inherent to that is just wrong.

Last edited:
it wasn't only that. one of my major complaints I had with that garbage was how offensive it was. the jokes and how the men were portrayed. even janine got a better treatment that what they did to Thor. my wife was even offended by it. it was more like an overly aggressive feminist made that garbage. the material was a freakin disgrace to motion picture and how it made ghostbusters from an icon to nothing.

you seem like the type that knew he was going to hate that movie but still went to watch it so you can complain

Again that's a writing and acting and direction issue.

Nothing with anything being forced or the main cast being female.

The more you describe what you didn't like the less it has to do with what you were initially complaining about as far as "forcing" inclusivity goes.

And to pretend those things are inherent to that is just wrong.
nope, you got it wrong. as I mentioned previously I have nothing against inclusivity as long as it made sense. the casting of female comedians out of nowhere and the blatant digs of men made it more apparent about what the film is trying to do. of course it has to do with female casting.

nope, you got it wrong. as I mentioned previously I have nothing against inclusivity as long as it made sense. the casting of female comedians out of nowhere and the blatant digs of men made it more apparent about what the film is trying to do. of course it has to do with female casting.
You started this off complaining about forced inclusivity.

When asked what movies had their stories messed up due to that you said Ghostbusters and proceeded to describe why you didn't like it which has nothing to do with forced inclusivity. Your complaints were about the story, the writing, the acting, and direction.

You're not being consistent.

Saying casting females is why there were digs at men is something you think. The females being comedians is irrelevant to "digs at men". You just made it up. There's no of course that's why it was like that cuz then every film with a main female cast would be like that but its known for a fact that is not the case.

Also saying "casting females comedians out of nowhere" is bull ****. As if the OG did not consist of comedic actors and comedians. Being stuck on that is just weird. Were they suppose to cast female therapists for the roles?

Da fatigue piling up

Can only force feed us so many b & c level heros using the same corny, campy *** themes….

X-men need to hurry up before I don’t even care anymore
They’re going to keep pushing obscure characters until something flops. Then be like, “Haaayyy look what we got!”. :smh:

You started this off complaining about forced inclusivity.

When asked what movies had their stories messed up due to that you said Ghostbusters and proceeded to describe why you didn't like it which has nothing to do with forced inclusivity. Your complaints were about the story, the writing, the acting, and direction.

You're not being consistent.

Saying casting females is why there were digs at men is something you think. The females being comedians is irrelevant to "digs at men". You just made it up. There's no of course that's why it was like that cuz then every film with a main female cast would be like that but its known for a fact that is not the case.

Also saying "casting females comedians out of nowhere" is bull ****. As if the OG did not consist of comedic actors and comedians. Being stuck on that is just weird. Were they suppose to cast female therapists for the roles?
well first off. what was the OG GhostBusters made of exactly? the timeline that GroseBusters 2016 came out was the height of the #metoo movement. films coming out more with female lead characters. you can also include lgbtq content. so saying those films didn't come out due to those social movement nor wasn't influenced by it is hypocritical. so don't tell people that these films came out because it wasn't influenced by social movement is just ignorance. so yeah, it's forced when films are made due to influence. and don't even talk about Black Annie and call me racist.

well first off.
No.

You're conflating two different issues.

.so saying those films didn't come out due to those social movement nor wasn't influenced by it is hypocritical.
Who said this though? Who even implied it?

We were talking about you simply not getting that a movie you did not like was due to the writing, acting, and direction but you want this to be about something else.

so don't tell people that these films came out because it wasn't influenced by social movement is just ignorance.
Again. Nobody said this.

What's wrong with you?

so yeah, it's forced when films are made due to influence. and don't even talk about Black Annie and call me racist.
The **** are you talking about?

This is the second time I've seen you bring up Black Annie. I got no clue what you talking about but its very telling you also say don't call me racist :lol:

Back
Top Bottom