WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Can I ask a serious question?

So let’s say in the Jordan 1 thread…if someone comes in and says they don’t like the weathered collar of the Chicago 1 Reimagined, is it not real discourse? Or is it trolling?
speaking of Jordan 1s, I remember the PHLEGM 1s. YUCK !

Attachments

• EGBqUDAWoAIuoJ5.jpg
    EGBqUDAWoAIuoJ5.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
LOL @ needing a whole commentary/written entry of why someone don’t like a movie to be a valid opinion. Why not just ask them, why didn’t you like the movie.

NT entitlement/elitists.

People have the same rights and notion to say/type, “I didn’t like the movie”, as a person who does a whole write up.

If they come in complain about the Jordan 2 and then the Jordan 3 and then the Jordan 4 then its trolling.

Why consume things youre not a fan of? We have so much options

edit - also, it takes 2 minutes to observe a sneakers and decide if you dont like it. A movie you would have to sit through something for 2 hours to come to a conclusion so this is a bad example to use.

It blows my mind when I see someone write

"Oh I just came from the midnight showing of Movie X, and I hated it"

lol what? like how
I love the First Avenger, Iron Man, Black Panther, etc..... I say something not nice about certain movies and series, then all of a sudden...some are accusing me of being a troll. I believe some here are just throwing the troll narrative as a lame excuse of defending an unsatisfactory product. it's called criticism and some people here have difficulty accepting that fact. we aren't exactly in a Marvel Cult thread, are we? just make a Marvel Cult thread and some people that has some criticism about Marvel movies can freely avoid joining that discussion. otherwise, suck it in.

Speak for yourself, I worship at the feet of Feige!!

That’s a troll. I welcome, good, bad or indifferent opinions. It’s not that serious or will disrupt my metachloridin levels.

Loved the rock

Anyhow. In Thor 3 you can count the instances of pure comedic/silly moment (Thor spinning in beginning, valkarie falling while drunk m, Bruce jumping and not turning into hulk, and a few more)

This one had too many to count and felt like it was every other scene for the first 90 mins

Loved the rock

Anyhow. In Thor 3 you can count the instances of pure comedic/silly moment (Thor spinning in beginning, valkarie falling while drunk m, Bruce jumping and not turning into hulk, and a few more)

This one had too many to count and felt like it was every other scene for the first 90 mins
liked Thor 3 a lot. my initial impression on Thor: Love and Thunder is not favorable though, Jodie Foster's inclusion is still out of place, imo. also, some cringy moments in that movie.

Way too much comedy for me.
3 was the perfect amount.
Some of the scenes here were just way over the top. Zeus was a doofus himself.
Thor was just a damn moron. No sense of urgency.

We were deprived a Jane and Mjolnir first moment/ suit up.

the acting was off in this film too

portman was great when it came to the dramatic parts but her comedic timing isnt great, that scene where she was trying to come up with the catchphrase and then followed in the end when she was delivering it… omg i was cringing so much i wanted to vomit

also felt like hemsworth was taken off the leash like taika and it was too much and a parody is a good term, it was like watching an SNL or MadTV skit, some jokes lingered too much and some just didnt land, too much of that super long, awkward silent moments

but even in the dramatic parts, like him in the hospital towards the end with portman, i wasnt sure what he was doing with his delivery but it was like he was trying to shakeaperean it or something… something was just off

bale was great in almost any scene but i didnt dig his arc and how he just switches sides quick and easy, another wasted villain

outside of that, story also wasnt that great and they have taken too much liberty with the powers like thor can just grant powers to anyone? if he could do that, why go to the gods and try and get their army? he got a whole asgardian town, grant them thors power “for a limited time”?

so anyone can just use strobreaker and the bifrost travel powers? no experience, guide or worthiness required? in IG Thor just told Quill he couldnt handle it

and speaking of weapons, zeus‘ weapon really didnt do anything, it was just a blade for the most part and again thor just knew he can use it to teleport him to anywhere?

also zeus gets killed and all the gods in the arena just sits there watching? but hercules going after thor in the next installment could be great, just got to move on from taika or have someone tone him down

Ok I find it weird that people are complaining about comedy. Who does that??? “How dare you make me laugh!!” Are the jokes not funny? Did you think it wasn’t going to be funny? The trailers seem to focus on comedy.
I love comedy. maybe some are expecting more of this......

Ok I find it weird that people are complaining about comedy. Who does that??? “How dare you make me laugh!!” Are the jokes not funny? Did you think it wasn’t going to be funny? The trailers seem to focus on comedy.
It was extremely poor comedy, like bad slapstick

Ragnarok was much better quality comedy

not even sure if thats sarcasm but it wasnt funny, it was cringey

if it was sold as a comedy but it wasnt funny so it didnt deliver

i mean i hasvent seen anyone say “they made me laugh so much that i hated it” it was more like “this would be more fun or funny if you stop talking 30 seconds earlier or end the joke in the first line”

And that’s fair. I think you stating you’d watch it a few times adds context. And the aesthetics (80s Rock theme) is not for you. So it was a good Marvel movie but it’s not like you’re going to Infinitely watch it like IW/EG.
Correct............Ive watched those so many times it doenst make any sense.

Ive also seen MOM in theatres twice and ive probably watched it 2-3 times on streaming (mostly because my television is amazing with the option to view it in IMAX resolution. (Or as close to it as possible).

I didnt really like the ending tho..........Damn near the same concept as MOM. Feel like he wouldve been better served to slowly start to feel that way.

All it takes is a 30 second therapy session right before you "Win" to end all the anger and rage you had? C`mon marvel!!!!!!!!!!!!

not even sure if thats sarcasm but it wasnt funny, it was cringey

if it was sold as a comedy but it wasnt funny so it didnt deliver

i mean i hasvent seen anyone say “they made me laugh so much that i hated it” it was more like “this would be more fun or funny if you stop talking 30 seconds earlier or end the joke in the first line”
Oh ok so they were too many attempts at comedy. Saying “theres too much comedy” sounds like you don’t like laughing or something. I see what yall are saying. Still checking it out myself.

Every line was like they were doing a parody of a Marvel movie. Then when they got to the more serious parts with Bale you couldn't take any of the stakes seriously :smh: Portman has zero comidic timing.

Imagine What we do in the Shadows but way less funny and some drama mixed in. Ragnorak was leaps and bounds better than this mess :smh:

Correct............Ive watched those so many times it doenst make any sense.

Ive also seen MOM in theatres twice and ive probably watched it 2-3 times on streaming (mostly because my television is amazing with the option to view it in IMAX resolution. (Or as close to it as possible). It looks absolutely amazing.
what's your tv?

One thing I like about the D+ app is the video/sound quality options. Not the same as a 4K Blu-ray but top notch and appreciated.
I still haven't indulged into the whole 4K Blu-Ray stuff but I know Blu-Ray is awesome, especially with the new OLED tvs. although I'm still debating between getting an OLED or mini-led tv.

Every line was like they were doing a parody of a Marvel movie. Then when they got to the more serious parts with Bale you couldn't take any of the stakes seriously :smh: Portman has zero comidic timing.

Imagine What we do in the Shadows but way less funny and some drama mixed in. Ragnorak was leaps and bounds better than this mess :smh:

thats the exact same thing my brother said, the comedy attempts hindered the dramatic parts and it was too difficult to take it seriously after that

and thor is on that eric matthews level (from bmw) in this film, im surprised dude didnt yell “finney, feeee-heee-eee-neeee” on screen

Oh ok so they were too many attempts at comedy. Saying “theres too much comedy” sounds like you don’t like laughing or something. I see what yall are saying. Still checking it out myself.
There can be a “too much comedy” as well.
Can’t have the movie be a joke for like 10-15mins and then try to make it all serious with Bale. Just didn’t work.

Also the “comedy” parts were not that great. Thor didn’t take himself serious at all.

I don't think it's about too much comedy but rather comedic timing or content as well. it's like a misplaced clap or clapping in the wrong moment.

Back
Top Bottom