WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Meh, if the wheels fall off now, it was a damn good run. I'm pretty sure they'll clean things up though. It's all about staying true to the spirit of the source material. Disney won't let this cash cow crumble over pettiness. Everyone should be considered expendable. The foundation for these great stories (and a crazy amount more) was laid 30 years ago.

So Iron Man had actual comic book writers help drive the direction of the film. No wonder it was superior to the 2nd and 3rd. Disney could care less about the integrity of these films as long as it makes them money. That's why we got a Cars 3 after the dreadful Cars 2. That's why we're still getting Pirates sequels. We didn't get John Carter follow ups because it bombed at the box office despite it being a quality film.

Meh, if the wheels fall off now, it was a damn good run. I'm pretty sure they'll clean things up though. It's all about staying true to the spirit of the source material. Disney won't let this cash cow crumble over pettiness. Everyone should be considered expendable. The foundation for these great stories (and a crazy amount more) was laid 30 years ago.
That's the thing though, one of the main guys that's allegedly in all of this pettiness basically IS Disney :lol: Ike is one of Disney's largest shareholders. There's no removing him or forcing him to retire. He's basically the definition of not expendable. I forget the details but I read what it'd take for the rest of the board to try and force Ike out and if they went that route they'd basically be destroying Disney itself due to Ike owning so many shares. When Ike bought in and gained a sizeable position of power he chose to stay off Disney's board of directors. He basically stuck to Marvel cuz that's what he wanted to focus on and grow.

So now that it's a success and there's some rumored problems with ppl who are technically his employees and that one goes around him to the rest of Disney head guys you should expect him to feel some type of way. Sometimes I feel like the only reason this isn't even bigger news with more leaks and mud slinging going on is cuz Ike is in his 70s and always been a lowkey guy not willing to make public statements or displays.
So Iron Man had actual comic book writers help drive the direction of the film. No wonder it was superior to the 2nd and 3rd. Disney could care less about the integrity of these films as long as it makes them money. That's why we got a Cars 3 after the dreadful Cars 2. That's why we're still getting Pirates sequels. We didn't get John Carter follow ups because it bombed at the box office despite it being a quality film.
Wait what?

John Carter wasn't only a bomb at the box office it was a horrible movie that wasn't better than the last Pirates movie or IM3.

So that'd just be another reason to scrap and not do a sequel.

But the theme is on point, corporations in general value money over quality as a rule.

On a lower level, editors at Marvel comics have specifically said they believe in the philosophy that the best quality comics are usually the ones that also sell the most and if a really great quality comic doesn't sell well then it just didn't hit the right audience at the right time.

So you can swap out comic for movie and that's basically Hollywood's view on this stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah it was alright. Just nowhere near as good as the books, which is the norm anyways. Shame it didn't do well enough to earn a sequel though.

The budget was insane and the lack of box office draws hurt it. The latter wasn't exactly a guarantee though as The Lone Ranger flopped, but Johnny Depp has been in a number of bad movies.

SO WAS PRINCE OF PERSIA DAG NABIT
That was okay :lol:

But I don't argue with ppl that hated it.

Also not surprised Jake hasn't dipped his toe in to anything close to a video game/superhero movie since despite me thinking he'd be great at it with the right franchise.

Yeah it was alright. Just nowhere near as good as the books, which is the norm anyways. Shame it didn't do well enough to earn a sequel though.

The budget was insane and the lack of box office draws hurt it. The latter wasn't exactly a guarantee though as The Lone Ranger flopped, but Johnny Depp has been in a number of bad movies.
I think they ****** up with the lead and even the director given how the movie turned out.

As for Depp, Black Mass. He has reached that age where he's basically teflon. He's gonna keep getting roles in big budget movies whether he's terrible or great, whether the movie is good or bad.

Son has been ushered in to what I call Nicholas Cage's CageGOD status :pimp: Cage out here getting mocked like crazy for some of his bad movies but he keeps on trucking and still managed to deliver a good to great performance every now and then. Depp basically doing the same.

Will Smith is on notice. 2 more leading role movies before he's reaches that status as well.

Also not surprised Jake hasn't dipped his toe in to anything close to a video game/superhero movie since despite me thinking he'd be great at it with the right franchise.

He could ve a decent hero i just dont know which one.....gambit? ?

Plus Depps Pirates and Alice films are still making him million. Not like their giving him a sequel to Dark Shadows or Trancendence.

He could ve a decent hero i just dont know which one.....gambit? ?
There's been fan talk. He would've been the right fit for Venom during Raimi Spidey, he could be a great older Peter Parker/Spidey in his own right.

After that it's not really any A-list heroes I can think of. Maybe Adam Warlock but a lot of guys could be cast as that and ppl would get use to it.

It's a similar problem with Bradley Cooper. Voicing Rocket Raccoon aint enough. Other than Richard Rider Nova (which Marvel won't be doing any time soon going off rumors) I can't think of many other roles for him either.

Even if I expand it to DC the pickings are slim and I don't think indie comic adaptions count.
Plus Depps Pirates and Alice films are still making him million. Not like their giving him a sequel to Dark Shadows or Trancendence.
Get ready for that Mortdecai trilogy :lol:

Mario and Wario, reimagined as iconic comic book rivals

View media item 1700172View media item 1700173View media item 1700174View media item 1700175

Last edited:
Oh, he probably could've fit as well but I don't think as well but I'm just going off what DC has portrayed Hal character wise so far.

Who would even play Miles Morales?

I'm not a fan of children/teenage characters in any movie type franchise. They almost always inevitably bomb.

Last edited:
Alex Ross :nthat:

But I can't wait for Marvel to get out of this "All new, All different" phase.

Miles Morales should've died with the ultimate universe. Kamala Kahn as Ms. Marvel :stoneface:

Miles Morales on screen would've been a waste of time.
Baseless statement.

As was the previous one.
No it wasn't. Just because you don't see the value in a character and putting that character in movies doesn't mean there is none or that that person's opinion doesn't have some truth in it.

Miles Morales at the end of the day just isn't worth putting on screen over Peter Parker.
Baseless statement remains baseless.
Who would even play Miles Morales?
Is this a serious question?

The dude cast as Peter Parker is a ******* nobody :lol:
I'm not a fan of children/teenage characters in any movie type franchise. They almost always inevitably bomb.
W/e pattern you're referring to really doesn't apply to comic book movies.

Also lets not pretend like there aren't a bunch of 20 something actors playing teenagers all the damn time in successful *** movies.

Back
Top Bottom