WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Talk about FC and AoA all you want.

But DoFP was damn near flawless.

They did time travel very well IMO.
no they didn't.. 1st off mystique's powers don't work like rogue's (but singer already used that premise for 1 of his films, so that was out the window)

2nd, for everything we know of mags and his pro mutant stance.. why would he go into that meeting room and not try to help mystique in her plan to kill trask

3rd, the whole movie gets driven by them having to go get magneto, what he causes because they got him AND  the zero help he actually gives them.. he does nothing but hurt their mission.. literally should have just gotten quicksilver and called it a day

back to the future and the first 2 terminator films are examples of time travel movies done well.. this has the same problem as looper

Actually watched a bit of DOFP yesterday.

Old mags was like you will need me. It made sense.

Charles was like she won't listen to me at that time. Only listen to magneto. That's why they broke him out.

First Class, Days of Future Past, and Apocalypse were all just fine in my opinion. Overall, the best trilogy that the X-franchise has managed to put out (Even if Logan if a masterpiece it won't make up for the previous two films) and probably the best trilogy that franchise will have until Marvel gets the film rights.

Apocalypse was trash. Stop it. Bruh learning about mankind from palming the tv like Jordan. That goes up there with along with that "Mutant & Proud" as top 10 dumbest moments in a cbm movie.

As i've mentioned in the X-Men thread, Apocalypse is a TECHNOPATH :lol: That's literally fully in line with his abilities. Getting angry at him for pulling information from a machine is like getting angry at Charles Xavier pulling information from people's minds. Comes off as strict ignorance about abilities the character has had for the longest time now. Regardless, I didn't say the film was perfect. I said it was "just fine", still allowing the current trilogy to be the best they've put out regarding the X-Men. Film isn't trash by any means. The Wolverine films are trash. The F4 film was trash. Apocalypse wasn't.

Last edited:

Charles was like she won't listen to me at that time. Only listen to magneto. That's why they broke him out.
how did it make sense exactly?

they break him out.. mags tries to kill her, since all he heard was them using her blood.. how in any of that was magneto actually helpful?

if anything dude scared the crap out the president to the 100th billion degree dropping a damn stadium on them and the delegation.. if he didn't do anything after that dude would be derelict in his duties 

Apocalypse's design I hated.
dude couldn't turn his head.. it's like they forgot it was 2016 and they could do a lot of stuff with the design in post production

dude had to move his head like Michael Keaton in batman, which came out late 80s!!

Last edited:
it is pretty damn ridiculous when he could have looked like this....

View media item 2331511

how can one, even Singer, see this design presented to him in the flesh and still decide to go with the one int he film?

Singer gon Singer. Costumes haven't been right to begin with, but thats a decade old complaint. Not even mad at it anymore.

how did it make sense exactly?

they break him out.. mags tries to kill her, since all he heard was them using her blood.. how in any of that was magneto actually helpful?

if anything dude scared the crap out the president to the 100th billion degree dropping a damn stadium on them and the delegation.. if he didn't do anything after that dude would be derelict in his duties 
Lol. well Magneto is a wildcard. You never know if he's gonna somehow life an entire stadium and try and kill tons of people or try and turn New York all into mutants or launch missiles at people starting a world war. Yea he's not a good piece to have

Last edited:
it is pretty damn ridiculous when he could have looked like this....

View media item 2331511

how can one, even Singer, see this design presented to him in the flesh and still decide to go with the one int he film?

Singer gon Singer. Costumes haven't been right to begin with, but thats a decade old complaint. Not even mad at it anymore.

I think they pulled it off in the end though, I actually don't mind it at all (pic below) and he seemed more open to it but Apocalypses look just made little to no sense, it felt more like a big F U to fans. I honestly think some people who hated the film would be ok with it if Apocalypse had looked as good as that in the pic.

View media item 2331515

I think they pulled it off in the end though, I actually don't mind it at all (pic below) and he seemed more open to it but Apocalypses look just made little to no sense, it felt more like a big F U to fans. I honestly think some people who hated the film would be ok with it if Apocalypse had looked as good as that in the pic.

View media item 2331515

Those are fine but I dont see them being used if he made another film. I see it more as a nod. But Apocalypse look wouldn't have saved him. He just wasn't utilized well enough.

nah.. there were some very simple things about both movies where they were simply trying to do too much or like with all the films because they have a certain actor/character they allow that to drive the focus

see wolverine being the focus of all the movies.. or the need to throw the phoenix in there

hell, look at what was done with angel

I don't even mind if mags sided with apocalypse.. but throwing storm and angel in there.. well I should clarify, throwing angel in there without explaining how he ends up at that place

but that's what happens when you have poor character development.. for whoever said that the movies were character based

nah, those movies are actor based with only limited concern for the characters those actors play.. see mystique/Jennifer Lawrence
mean.gif

View media item 2331515

Those are fine but I dont see them being used if he made another film. I see it more as a nod. But Apocalypse look wouldn't have saved him. He just wasn't utilized well enough.

I can see them being used when going to missions as Singer has used the all-black leather unis in his X-Films so there is no reason to revert back to all black everything now.

As for Apocalypse's look, yah that wouldn't have changed him in a dramatic sense but it would have swayed more people to like it especially visually. I know a handful of people who were turned off right away after seeing how he looks as he is a fan favorite villain. A lot of people also hated Quicksilvers look but a lot made a 180 turn on that but Apocalypse had little to redeem himself with in the film so making him look comic accurate would have helped a lot of the fans, even if it's just for fan service sake.

They should honestly just not use the Phoenix concept anymore. Said it before, the X-Men have a ton of good storylines you could adapt. Quit with the Jean Grey wank.

Next movies first scene should be the death of Mystique, I'll even let he say "Mutan and Proud" one last time before taking her last breath, then they can move on...

Last edited:
I think everyone here that hates on the movies could say that about the whole XFilm Universe :lol:

I do truly believe many that hate it because they are big XMen fans and so far they just haven't delivered it in a way they had hoped and that is mainly due to the writing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Besides the messy last act of the film, I really liked DoFP.

Maybe it's just the lower Fox-Marvel standards, but nonetheless it was an enjoyable movie. Probably on par with the middling Marvel Studio films.

Back
Top Bottom