WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

All the more reason Zendaya should become the Mary Jane we all know. Once she dyes her hair red the glow up on Peter is gonna be too immaculate. Face it tiger...

The tiger mascot that kept randomly running around :nerd:

There was seriously no need to call her "Michelle Jones".... Like we get it she's MJ.

It's the same as the switching up of the great responsibility quote and the lack of Uncle Ben.

Last edited:
There was seriously no need to call her "Michelle Jones".... Like we get it she's MJ.

It's the same as the switching up of the great responsibility quote and the lack of Uncle Ben.

They never said her last name was Jones though. They could easily spin it like her not liking her first name(s) (Mary-Jane) because it sounds too old timey so she goes by her middle name "Michelle" and close friends fam call her MJ

All the more reason Zendaya should become the Mary Jane we all know. Once she dyes her hair red the glow up on Peter is gonna be too immaculate. Face it tiger...

The tiger mascot that kept randomly running around :nerd:

They should've done better and dug deep for another female in Peter's life when he was younger.

Zendaya could've been Debra Whitman, Sally Avril, and since they were putting women in HS that originally weren't she could've been Glory Grant.

I don't see the importance of her having a different name but being called MJ.

Didn't care for the use of Betty Brant in the movie when I think about it.

Using T'Challa's funds? Scumbag Steve is definitely the Blac Chyna of the MCU

Why would he need tchalla's help

Best superhero in the mcu since ww2. Has had a lot of time to save up money for a rainy day
What the **** does being the "best superhero" have to do withbpurchasing a building?

Also T'Challa is one of the wealthiest ppl in the world.

Scumbag Steve didn't save any money. He was living off SHIELD then he betrayed them. Then he was living off Tony then he betrayed him.

I don't even buy that T'Challa is just harboring that war criminal in his country.

He doesn't even have a SS#.

Last edited:
I think Zendaya playing Peter's potential love interest works. Her character is very very interesting. Her awkwardness, her jokes, and her dynamic with Peter - it was cool

However, I'm pretty sure similar to Mary Jane they're setting up the whole Michelle knew for a long time Peter is Spidey.

Didn't realize that was Betty Brant until my second viewing when I saw her name on the TV

lol Betty is older than Peter and not in high school. She's also an integral part of the JJJ storylines from the high school days.

I mean I guess they could still incorporate that but still

However, I'm pretty sure similar to Mary Jane they're setting up the whole Michelle knew for a long time Peter is Spidey.

I wouldn't be surprised at all

Character seems shrewd

Also, RFX you should make a new poll: what's been the best after credit scene so far in the mcu storied history? :nerd: I think yall know what my vote is

Last edited:
Btw someone brought this up just now but I completely missed it when I was watching the movie..

But on the list of items to move to the upstate facility, mentioned during the movie was 1-the Hulk buster armor, 2-thor's magic belt and 3-Cap's new shield

What is number 3 about? Tony already looking to apologize? :nerd:

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised at all

Character seems shrewd
Its the look she gave him near the end after the what are you hiding joke question.

Like I can guess they'll flashback to her watching Pete run through the halls, lift the lockers during homecoming, change and then get rocked by the Shocker in the parking lot.

Probably knows Ganke knows too.

Also, RFX you should make a new poll: what's been the best after credit scene so far in the mcu storied history? :nerd: I think yall know what my vote is
Maybe I'm greedy but the movie needed more than 2 after credit scenes.

More like 4.

Last edited:
Btw someone brought this up just now but I completely missed it when I was watching the movie..

But on the list of items to move to the upstate facility, mentioned during the movie was 1-the Hulk buster armor, 2-thor's magic belt and 3-Cap's new shield

Tony Stark is a genius innovating futurist inventor. He's always building new **** and upgrading. Even for ppl he thought were his friends.

Why do you assume its something new? Could be something dating back to AoU.

Last edited:
It was.

It's either the upgraded triangle shield you can kill ppl with or the hard light holographic one that Coulson has a version of on AoS.

Thor's magic belt is what I thought was a mistake.

Last edited:
Definitely thought Scumbag Steve's new shield was the one that Coulson has on AoS and the one that the Skrull Scumbag Steve had on Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I could see that. When he went to save his classmates, and seen MJ standing outside... didn't he call her Michelle ?

I was expecting her to make a face or question how he knows her name.

Maybe Tony is keeping cap's old shield as reminder of what his dad really meant to him and of the battle in CW. So now Cap gets a new one. He did drop it when Tony told him to leave it.

Feel like those 3 items were(hopefully)a preview) of what we'll be seeing in IW or even Thor 3. I didn't even know Thor had a belt(didn't read the comics) So that'll be cool to see. I'd love another hulkbuster scene that probably won't happen.

Man it's really been a while since i've done one of these since I didn't see Doc Strange until it was on Netflix and still haven't seen GOTG2. Oh well, Spider-Man Homecoming:

First and foremost, this film was great. I left it being completely satisfied, which is what I really go to the movies for above anything else. At this point i'm honestly trying to figure out whether i'd rank it as the best Spider-Man film yet, because there are a lot of things that I think it really nails and a few key things that I feel the previous films did better. Aunt May, for example, was not bad here. The actress playing as her didn't **** up in any major way, but I felt that she never once had any of the emotional appeal or strength that the previous two actresses did. And this struck me as strange since it's not like Peter has a ton of parental figures around him to sideline her. Tony's the only other mentor/adult figure in his life, but Aunt May is always just in the background in comparison. Again, it's not a bad performance, but not much is accomplished with it in my opinion. Even when she tries to give him advice on things and you can tell she cares about him I was never able to really accept her in the same way I was the other 2. To continue on about mentors, I was surprised that they didn't delve further into what had happened to Uncle Ben. Yes, everyone knows about it at this point, just like they know about the death of the Waynes, but I at least expected to get a few minutes of real focus on it/a flashback to it or Peter remembering it. Was he gunned down on the street? Did a mugger break into the apartment? Did Peter try to make money wrestling? Was the family's debt climbing because Peter broke someones arm at school and they were being sued? Come on Marvel, give me something more to go on here, because, just like with Batman, Uncle Ben's death is pretty central to who Peter Parker is. I like that they're not necessarily focusing on it as much as the previous versions, just like I like how they have yet to say the whole with great power comes great responsibility thing, but at least give it some focus.

And those are really my only complaints. My friend Carlos said he didn't like how the suit gave Peter so many different web options/abilities, but I actually thought that 1)that was realistic for how a suit designed by Tony Stark would be and 2)it's kind of poking fun at the different abilities Peter gains in his video games. Rapid-fire mode for example is something i've seen in every Spider-Man game i've ever played. Same with some kind of web grenade :lol: I like that Peter isn't instantly portrayed as being an expert at this fighting crime thing. He has to figure things out along the way and he makes some very big mistakes at doing so, because even taking Civil War into account he's still just a 15 year old rookie who has only been doing this for a few months. Yes, he can stop a bus and survive falling from amazing heights, but he's also up against tech that he has no real knowledge of and he doesn't have the experience to let him quickly adapt to most situations yet. This more than either Spider-Man or Amazing Spider-Man portrayed Peter Parker as a young kid with fantastic powers who really needs to learn more about using them properly and about fighting crime in general. The comedy that then came from him not being an expert was perfect in my opinion. A constant presence, but not to the point of it being ridiculous. That's the kind of humor we want from Spider-Man (Not to say that that previous films didn't also have their own levels of good humor as well). And this film really focused on how he's just a teenager. You know the Maguire films start with him about to graduate and he graduates in the second film for ASM, but here he is firmly entrenched in high school and has to deal with high school problems. This serves as a good replacement for the more adult problems that the other two had to deal with (And both are historically accurate problems for Spider-Man to suffer), such as paying rent and holding down a job. In short, I loved Holland's performance. No complaints at all. He was smart, but not too smart. Strong, but inexperienced. Funny, but not to the point you think he's a joke. And he's filled with all the nice guy heroism that you want to see from Spider-Man of all characters.

Vulture was perfect. Keaton ******* killed it. The scene with him and Peter in the car before the Homecoming dance was easily one of the best in the film to be honest and he wasn't even in the Vulture suit! I'll admit, i've never really cared for Vulture as a villain, but just like with The Lizard in ASM I think they did a good job with the design here. It's not just him strapping on some funny costume and suddenly he can fly. No, he has actual flight gear that requires upkeep, advancement, and certain parts of it that he has to wear to protect himself from the temperature and high altitudes he's travelling at. I then loved his motivation and what he was doing because of just how realistic it is. Firstly, stealing alien tech, re-purposing it, and selling it is one of the smartest things we've seen any villain do in the MCU. Furthermore, he's making an honest attempt to stay under Damage Control and the Avengers radar, because he's not dumb enough to think that his relatively small operation is about to take them down. Dude probably has some of the best common sense out of all the MCU villains so far. I really can't praise Keaton enough. Voice, motivation, appearance, all perfect. I also didn't see the reveal of him being Liz's dad coming, but it was handled perfectly. It makes sense, because he's mentioned before that he had a family who he was doing all of this for, and it's played off perfectly in terms of just how freaked out Peter is by it.

It's not a big deal, but I didn't care for Zendaya's character at all. I honestly felt that they tried too hard to make her stand out as being this kind of oddball/socially awkward character and then threw that reveal out that she's the new MJ at the end to explain it away. It's clearly setting the character up for the next film and the move to new love interest, but it just felt kind of forced, similar to how big of a loser Electro was in ASM2. **** wasn't necessary. Furthermore, if you're going to call the character Michelle why have her be MJ (Mary Jane Watson) at all? I just don't really see the logic behind it and personally I would rather have had her be one of Peter Parker's numerous other love interests. I'm disappointed that Liz won't apparently be back, because I was glad that they were moving away from Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy, but now we're going right back to MJ again in a fashion. I mean, Debra Whitman, Betty Brant (Whose name was used for zero reason, just like Jimmy Olsen in BvS. The character's older than Peter and really had no business being here if you were just going to throw the name at a random high schooler), Carlie Cooper, etc.

Let's see now, despite some complaints from people before the films release, I think that Tony Stark was utilized perfectly here as a mentor figure to Peter. It's not a Batman/Robin sidekick type of relationship, because Tony naturally has far more to deal with and can't be there every second of the day. Therefore you've got him controlling one of his armors while he's in Dubai at a party (And on that note, I was happy to see some of Tony's other abilities show up again, because as I mentioned in the aftermath of Civil War his abilities were notably toned down for that film). At the same time, he's got Happy watching over Peter, calls Peter to tell him when he thinks he's done a good job, provides Peter with the chance to use the suit and gradually develop his powers, etc. It basically continues the character growth/arc he's been going through since his first film, which kind of came full circle in Civil War. He's the one who recruited Peter, so you have to have him watching over Peter. Otherwise he does seem like a jerk who just doesn't give a damn. This is really a lighter version of where Tony was after the comic version of Civil War (And where Captain America was after the Dark Reign) as the new top cop/gun of the superheroes, who has a number of different programs running that he oversees. The Hulkbuster, Cap's new shield, and Thor's magic belt were all good nods to stuff we could see in future films and obviously show that he remains the inventor/designer. Does he pack all of the emotional appeal that Uncle Ben's character does? Of course not, but I don't think the writers tried to force him into that position either. His personality is no different than it's been previously, but he still makes an honest attempt at helping Peter to grow. Never could have imagined the dude doing that back in the early days :lol: Also, **** outta here Peter. At least take that new suit with you when you're refusing a spot on the Avengers :rofl: And it was good to see Pepper back and the ring as well. :smokin Nice touch Marvel.

This film did a good job of setting up the Sinister Six, which I think is probably what most Spider-Man fans want to see in his films at this point. We've got Vulture, Scorpion is named and shows up in the teaser, and two men hold the Shocker label in this film. That's 3 members right there, without having to force any of them into the film or without having either of the other two undermine the Vulture's status as the films main villain. Let's get Doctor Octopus, Kraven, and maybe Electro in there and we've got ourselves a powerful set. The after credits scene was good for doing this, but not the best in the MCU. It does work with the whole friendly neighborhood Spider-Man angle. At that level Peter isn't worrying about Thanos or Ultron level threats so his scene shouldn't show them at all. The videos with Captain America were funny, but that second after credits scene with him wasn't :smh: **** off Marvel. So, overall, I loved the film. Definitely plan to see it again. Still on the fence about where i'd rank it in the MCU or in terms of Spider-Man films. I'm hesitant to instantly say its the best, but it is certainly up there.

Nowhere in the movie is it said or implied that Oscorp bought Avengers tower.

To me that's just more fan speculation and desire holding over from ppl who wanted Oscorp to show up in Avengers.

If Cap gets a new shield, you lose the bet to Zik.

99.9 percent sure this will happen in IW

Tony is in trouble.

Cap pulls him out of the frying pan without his shied.

Tony will be humbled and say, You can have your shield back. Thanks for the help.

And to add to the awesomeness (or corniness) depending on how you look at it : this is when we'll finally hear both Cap and Tony say 'AVENGERS ASSEMBLE'

Back
Top Bottom