WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

That's another point that's more specific. You really don't know how this film universe is different than the comics, cartoons or tv shows you're relying upon.

Examples:

Beast shouldn't be able to transform in to a blue beast at will.

Mystique shouldn't be portrayed as a Mutant freedom fighter that was some weird pet/adopted sister/ward of Charles Xavier.

Superman shouldn't murder.

Batman should have detective skills.

Eddie Brock should be yoked.

I'm sure I could go on and on

i mean yeah sure but I think many of those things are mistakes, just like I think de aging deathstroke would be a mistake. we judge these things case by case.

honestly i think the changes they have made to mystique have been msotly good. makes her more interesting.

i don't care if they stick to the material I care if the changes they make are intresting, a lot of those changes you named make the characters LESS interesting.
Well you won't get me arguing about mistakes made in some of these movies but right now when I hear Deathstroke mentioned (not that he's even a must for the movies) it is not something along the lines of only an older white haired actor can play him.

So as far as a young guy playing Deathstroke (not that they have to de-age him really) we haven't seen if that would be less or more interesting.

It's only been rumored or brought up by somebody in this thread that Eastwood is playing Nightwing or Deathstroke.

Last edited:
12814810_1167351113309782_3296633303265281789_n.jpg

writers can use source material as inspiration but at the end of the day as long as they are able to make interesting characters and good story it doesnt matter how closely they stick to the comics 

the only time I ever get worked up about changes to a character is when it so fundamentally goes against the thematic core of the character.

the joker tatoos don't bother me like they bothered some people, im totally willing to see what they do with that..

but.

Superheros are modern mythology, its why I love it, its why I loved greek mythology as a kid, IMO if you write a story where the god of peace and hope is snapping peoples necks and leveling skyscrapers full of people, that story is objectively dumb. .:lol:

That's another point that's more specific. You really don't know how this film universe is different than the comics, cartoons or tv shows you're relying upon.

Examples:

Beast shouldn't be able to transform in to a blue beast at will.

Mystique shouldn't be portrayed as a Mutant freedom fighter that was some weird pet/adopted sister/ward of Charles Xavier.

Superman shouldn't murder.

Batman should have detective skills.

Eddie Brock should be yoked.

I'm sure I could go on and on

i mean yeah sure but I think many of those things are mistakes, just like I think de aging deathstroke would be a mistake. we judge these things case by case.

honestly i think the changes they have made to mystique have been msotly good. makes her more interesting.

i don't care if they stick to the material I care if the changes they make are intresting, a lot of those changes you named make the characters LESS interesting.

I don't think he is saying those changes are for the good, just that source materials aren't always followed hence Deasthroke might not be the old guy you see in the books.

As for Deathstrokes age, unless they really dig deep into his background as a main villain in one of the films, I think age would be irrelevant. I love Deasthroke but I just don't think they'll let him shine and be the main villain in a film where his age becomes a factor, I can just see them use him as a tool for some cool action scenes.

Now Deathstroke is actually one of the villains I wouldn't mind seeing an origin film on but I am just not sure him hining too much is in WBs books.

Last edited:
I mean here's one I'm open to, it's not a lot of chatter but I caught on to the whole make Cable a female. I saw the ps pics with I think Kiera Knightley as Cable (also saw the ones for Urban who isn't old enough to play Cable). I was not mad at either.

I'm a Cable fan. I get why I like the comic version. If it wasn't for my overall dislike and aversion to many of FOX's mistakes with the X-franchise I'd be willing to see where they go with stuff like that. Mind you it was just fan talk. If we're sticking to Cable has to be an old man, only dudes like Bruce Willis and the guy who plays Hell Boy should be options.

View media item 1947971View media item 1947972

If deathstrokes not old, whats the point?

imo not an interesting character if he's not old.

Exactly. They ain't listening
Aint much to listen to though.

Last edited:

writers can use source material as inspiration but at the end of the day as long as they are able to make interesting characters and good story it doesnt matter how closely they stick to the comics 
the only time I ever get worked up about changes to a character is when it so fundamentally goes against the thematic core of the character.

the joker tatoos don't bother me like they bothered some people, im totally willing to see what they do with that..

but.

Superheros are modern mythology, its why I love it, its why I loved greek mythology as a kid, IMO if you write a story where the god of peace and hope is snapping peoples necks and leveling skyscrapers full of people, that story is objectively dumb. .
laugh.gif
well yeah you do have to stay true to the thematic core, or else why not just create a new character

but objectively it is still very possible to create a great story while changing major aspects to a character. At the end of the day MOST people are just looking for a good story and interesting characters, if the writing and filmmaking is high quality why not just enjoy this new interpretation rather than always trying to compare it to something else?

deathstroke being old may be something you find interesting about him, but that doesnt mean a younger deathstroke cant be interesting. It's all about the writing and filmmaking. 

my overall point is it's pointless to get outraged at a casting choice or look of a character before the movie comes out, its always going to come down to the writing and filmmaking and no one can properly judge a character until after watching the movie. 

Personally I was against batman being older since it's only him and green arrow that are the regular humans of JL

His story has been told a ton, so they easily could have done origin stories for everyone else and have bat's still be the vet of the group at 30 or early thirties (since he was 25 in year one)

I don't understand how in the gif Spidey looks better than in the new trailer. Lol, I have trust in marvel though and that by the end of the movie not too many will have complaints about Spidey.

Last edited:
Personally I was against batman being older since it's only him and green arrow that are the regular humans of JL

His story has been told a ton, so they easily could have done origin stories for everyone else and have bat's still be the vet of the group at 30 or early thirties (since he was 25 in year one)
I don't think this DC film universe will last that long.

It'll probably get it's 10 year run of telling stories, 15 if the movies get better but I don't think Batffleck is doing this past 2025-26. If something bad happens they may blow things up 7 years in to it.

I'd much prefer a Bats in his 30s but I aint gonna complain.

So when we're all in our late 30s, early 40s and for some of us 50s (for CP it's his 80s :nerd:) we'll get a much stronger better cinematic universe barring Donald Trump's presidency doesn't kill us all.

Last edited:
I joke with my sister sometimes that if Trump wins the presidency that I'm leaving for Europe. Please, I hope I don't have to go through with my joke.

I like 'Murica

Last edited:
I don't understand how in the gif Spidey looks better than in the new trailer. Lol, I have trust in marvel though and that by the end of the movie not too many will have complaints about Spidey.
Different quality.

That trailer clearly had an unfinished cgi Spidey in it.

They did not finish the rendering for the color of the costume. Just look at the color of him compared to the color in the trailer of the other heroes. It simply has to end up looking better once the movie comes out.

I joke with my sister sometimes that if Trump wins the presidency that I'm leaving for Europe. Please, I hope I don't have to go through with my joke.

I like 'Murica
Go to google and type in "Move to" the first suggestion is where most ppl are going :lol: :smh:

canada is so much closer

do you even know how to speak european? 

You're right. If things go south and Trump wins the presidency, can you take me in? :nerd:

I'm asian, can find employment pretty quickly, and I will try hard not to hit on any good looking females at your crib. Unless they look like Skye from AoS, then I can't make that promise.

Last edited:

canada is so much closer

do you even know how to speak european? 
You're right. If things go south and Trump wins the presidency, can you take me in?
nerd.gif
you can come but honestly I dont think it's safe to let in all these refugees from such a violent society 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom