WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Could of even made ol girl RiRi Williams smh (I know she probably didn't exist when they were writing the script but w/e lol)

Point being, they're actual characters of color that could of benefited from the exposure. Representation runs deeper than just changing a preexisting characters race.

If young black girls fall in love with this iteration of MJ and get inspired to shop for other MJ stories they're literally not gonna find a single one where she looks like the version they just saw.

It's short sighted and feels like a cheap way to garner press.

I never saw MJ as out of Peter's league. Go back and read his early college stories. Peter was the yamb gawd by the time MJ even came into the picture.

"it’s definitely a new take on the character. In the Comic-Con footage, the character has ratty hair, glasses, and looks like a typical movie nerd."

Black, white or blue I'm not interested in MJ being his nerdy soulmate

In other Spider-Man news this has been floating around

CqL7-m1WcAAToMs.jpg
Hannibal Burress as a coach?! LOL

I mean, in most movies with an ugly duckling/pretty pairing the ugly person goes through some type of makeover and the pairing looks believable.

You can do anything to Tom Holland and I'm not sure if I see it.

Reserving judgment for the movie.

It will be interesting for sure.

Apparently the twist was gonna be Michelle telling Peter at the end "You can just call me M.J"

I kinda wish the twist didn't leak. If their chemistry was good throughout the film and then you find out who she was after, could've been a hype moment.

Last edited:
I never saw MJ as out of Peter's league. Go back and read his early college stories. Peter was the yamb gawd by the time MJ even came into the picture.

This is very true now that you mention it. Even back in the high school days when they still dressed him like a typical nerd he was able to attract women

View media item 2138387
Early into college you saw something similar, where women were able to admire him for various traits, even if it was from a distance.

View media item 2138389

Throughout college he dated like 4 different women on and off, with Mary Jane only being one of them .

MJ just got lucky that Peter happened to choose her, because he had his pick. Debra Whitman, Felicia Hardy, Gwen Stacy, Marcy Kane, etc. And most of them were noted in-story as being fairly beautiful and popular.

Last edited:
I mean, in most movies with an ugly duckling/pretty pairing the ugly person goes through some type of makeover and the pairing looks believable.

You can do anything to Tom Holland and I'm not sure if I see it.

Reserving judgment for the movie.

It will be interesting for sure.
too bad Marvel doesn't own the X-Men rights

Apocalypse would of had her looking Fierce

Both of Peter's classic love interest being black women is a GREAT look :nthat:

...However I don't like the whole MJ short for Michelle or whatever angle. Mary Jane better be her real name or something

Last edited:
The class bells goes off when she tries to introduce herself

Tony interrupts the next time they talk...

His wrist thing goes off the next time and he has to run

:pimp: I'm actually coming around to this

Was her hair red in the trailer though? It had something to the description of Zendaya's character trying to figure out where Peter is always running off to, so I'm thinking they're gonna go the Ultimate Spiderman route with those 2

Could of even made ol girl RiRi Williams smh (I know she probably didn't exist when they were writing the script but w/e lol)

Point being, they're actual characters of color that could of benefited from the exposure. Representation runs deeper than just changing a preexisting characters race.

If young black girls fall in love with this iteration of MJ and get inspired to shop for other MJ stories they're literally not gonna find a single one where she looks like the version they just saw.

It's short sighted and feels like a cheap way to garner press.
Those girls can get a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur book or a Riri Iron Man book.

I get what you're saying but these are just fictional characters. To me representation matters more in that sense.
Other than Gwen who else yambs he actually got?

Those girls can get a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur book or a Riri Iron Man book.

I get what you're saying but these are just fictional characters. To me representation matters more in that sense.
Boi.....not that serious.

His double life as Spidey interfered with the ability to smash but at one time he had Betty Brant, Liz Allan, Gwen Stacy and MJ all thirsting on him and eating out the palm of his hand to varying degrees.

Dude had Liz and Betty show up at his crib at the same damn time thirsting for the meat only to find MJ been chillin on the couch all afternoon.

Guaranteed if Peter was just a regular confident dude and didn't have to moonlight as Spider-Man all four of them would have been throwing it back on him with Aunt May in the next room knocked out on sleeping pills.

Not sure how this "out of his league" thing started but it's poppycock

Last edited:
[h1]Guardians of the Galaxy Will Be In 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War[/h1]
From Vin:

“Next year you’ve got Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 coming and that whole concept started from you all saying ‘when are you gonna be in a Marvel movie?’ And you remember the first picture after that Marvel meeting that I had where I was standing [with] the Avengers thing in the back – some of you can look up that picture…there was this old Avengers copy that was behind me in that picture if you look back on my Facebook page you can find that.

What’s gonna be surreal is that picture is going to come to pass because now the Guardians will be included in Avengers: Infinity War and that’s incredibly exciting. Incredibly exciting. Incredibly exciting and something that if you were a part of our page you knew before everybody.”

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vin-diesel/

Boi.....not that serious.
Are you referring to Peter getting yambs or race changing characters?

If it's race, I can see how it's not serious to you.

If it's yambs, it was just a question.

Was he not hitting black cat. (No pun)
That was way after or before he was 100% with MJ.

I feel like I could count the list of women he's smashed on one hand if we talking the early days up to his marriage and it's 2 hands of we go up today.

Peter Parker ain't no Matt Murdock when it comes to getting yambs.

Also you can say for any character if they were more confident they'd do x. The whole point is Peter isn't more confident. Without Spider-Man he still wouldn't be running through women.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom