WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

z2upjeupnloy.jpg

Old quote that has resurfaced

z2upjeupnloy.jpg

Old quote that has resurfaced

Meanwhile fox got singer running xmen:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-me...ger-banned-comic-books-from-the-set-of-a80192

Never read the comic until he got offered it:

http://ew.com/article/2000/07/21/x-men-0/

In whedon's own words:
"I didn't think the script was any good, so I did a major overhaul of the script. And yeah, I was the only real X-Men fan on the project that I know of."

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-x-men-terrible-decision/

I thought the Gwen Children storyline brought a whole new depth to the character. JMS though was a beast though and created more depth and characters for Spidey.

Brought no depth to me. Ruined the memory of the character. She cheats on Pete overseas with Harry's dad, gives birth to twins, and then gets killed.

Even worse MJ knew.

One of the worst Spidey stories. Good art though. It's no surprise that JMS was forced to change his original story (he wanted the twins to be Peter's) and he always intended to make the story null and void before he was done but got sort of screwed there too (OMD).

Showed my patients A1 this time.

The time from when Tony got into the suit after flying out the window to the end of the movie.... Idk if any marvel movie has beat those forty minutes yet.

I hope Infinity War can replicate that
IM1 did. The beginning of that film up until he escaped was gold. After is just whatever.

The time from when Tony got into the suit after flying out the window to the end of the movie.... Idk if any marvel movie has beat those forty minutes yet.

IM1 did. The beginning of that film up until he escaped was gold. After is just whatever.

Lol you're saying the first 40 minutes of IM >any other forty minute span in the mcu? Lol wow..

Last edited:

Lol you're saying the first 40 minutes of IM >any other forty minute span in the mcu? Lol wow..

Forgive him, he prolly only watched a couple trailers.

Civil war got the best 40 min stretch.. that airport sequence is the best thing they got

Not sure how far before that 40 mins goes.. assuming BPs first appearance might make the cut

Storywise IM1 has the best beginning, in my opinion.. will have to go look and see how far the 40 min mark goes

Civil war got the best 40 min stretch.. that airport sequence is the best thing they got

Not sure how far before that 40 mins goes.. assuming BPs first appearance might make the cut

Storywise IM1 has the best beginning, in my opinion.. will have to go look and see how far the 40 min mark goes
Was the airport sequence really that long?

^ I wasn't claiming it was that long.. just saying you take the airport scene and go back 40, and that's my vote

Last edited:
Airport scene is 15 minutes long, I believe. But if you want to take the airport scene and go back 20 that's still a solid argument. (but really you should take that sequence and add the twenty minutes that follow ;])

Thinking harder, I think from the time Tony is thrown out the window by Loki in A1 to the end of that movie is 30 minutes. I'll double check sometime soon.

Last edited:

You're not giving IM1 enough credit

Will never forget dude suiting up for the first time and that line "sometimes you gotta run before you can walk"

Airport scene is 15 minutes long, I believe. But if you want to take the airport scene and go back 40 that's still a solid argument.

Thinking harder, I think from the time Tony is thrown out the window by Loki in A1 to the end of that movie is 30 minutes. I'll double check sometime soon.

That's what I'm saying.. take the airport scene and go back 40 mins

I think that might make the first time we see black panther.. if it does no contest

Or you got winter solider escaping

Hell age of ultron.. 40 mins might could take you to hulk buster fight

You're not giving IM1 enough credit

Will never forget dude suiting up for the first time and that line "sometimes you gotta run before you can walk"
I just think that's where the film shined the most. When he suspected Obadiah was behind everything was when I didn't care for it as much

If you want to say the start of the airport scene to the end of cw is the best 40 minute sequence, I won't argue with you :smile:

But damn, the last forty minutes of A1 was great, its got to be up there..

Tony putting on the suit before he falls to his death

All the fighting

Cap giving instructions to the cops

Cap giving instructions to the Avengers

'I'm always angry' and Hulk punching the lights out of that oversized worm

The circle sequence showing the Avengers circling for the first time

Hulk Loki scene

News sequence showing all the new fans saying stuff about the Avengers on tv

Man. Great stuff.

Last edited:
I had a conversation like a week ago about top 5 CBM scenes ever and no one mentioned the Airport fight from CW. It's a perfectly fine scene but I think the emotional payoff being Rhodey of all people being injuried kind of dampens it when putting in a historic perspective. It has cool things sprinkled in it but nothing really had that "Holy ****!!" feel

Two that everyone had were 1) TDK interrogation scene & 2) Spider-Man 2 train scene

Everything else was all over the place but I think Hulk in A1 and the final fight of CW were the only MCU picks

Lol when I think of the airport scene I don't factor in Rhodey at all

Like who cares. He could've died and I would still like it the same.

TDK interrogation scene is untouchable imo. Been a while since I last saw SM2 but yeah that train scene is nice.

If we're talking recent comic book scenes I liked, I'd have to go with Logan's assault in the forest while high on the green serum. That was legit Wolverine berserker mode. Having X23 fight side by side with him was fun too

Lol it's been a minute since I've seen any of the early x movies but I think we've had the Wolverine cutting down men in the forest before.

Back
Top Bottom