WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

ahh gotcha, I thought they messed him up or something

what about Dante? what was the issue with him? I thought he was in the game, no?

Storm, Magneto and Sentinel singlehandedly kept Marvel 2 alive for a decade so the game will definitely include them in it along with Wolverine and Doom to round out the classic Marvel characters that have been series mainstays but their film rights aren't with Marvel. From what I heard one of the first DLC packs is suppose to be themed "Street Fighter vs. Xmen" which is where Sentinel, Magneto, Storm come in at including Rashid (Street Fighter 5) Gill (Street Fighter 3) and Zangief (Street Fighter 2) will be included. One of the co producers of the game produced MvC1 and wanted to have all the characters from MvC 1 make into infinite. He's working along side Niitsuma (the producer for MvC3) to make this game which is why the game looks a lot like MvC3 but has the mechanics of MvC1. With capcom it's pretty much there with the showing of Strider in the video along with Chun li, Megaman x taking the place of megaman, Ryu and the surprises will be Captain commando, Jin and zangief from the DLC. The same will happen with the Marvel side. Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine...war machine
nerd.gif
and others from MvC 1 will appear. Beyond excited for the potential in this game.
That's great news. I hope they do add all those characters. I just wish they didn't come in the from of a DLC...But we're talking about Capcom here lol.
They didn't put him in the roster. The vanilla roster had Zero from Mega Man X. He's Capcom's flagship character and the highest fan requested on the Capcom side.
mean.gif

Those characters are staples of the franchise. It's like making Street Fighter without Ryu.

If they don't even have one X-Men character in the vanilla roster, that's a huge slap to the face. I also don't like DLC in fighting games, because how does everyone learn to play or counter characters if not everyone has them because you have to pay extra?
I think a lot of people share the same sentiments as you.

What was the Megaman issue in MVC3? I don't really follow fighting games.

Capcom had a falling out with the creator of mega man which led to delays/cancellations of anticipated Mega man games and his abscensce in MvC 3. Mega man being a staple character for the series and essentially the interchangeable mascot for capcom along with Ryu (and CAPtain COMmando of you're a true arcade OG) this disappointed a lot of people. Capcom fueled the rage even more by having a Days of Future's past themed stage where a poster in the background of the stage mimics the iconic cover for days of futures past that showed mutants either "slain" or "apprehended" with exception of Wolverine who was on the run and unaccounted for. That version in the stage had characters from past Marvel vs. Capcom that weren't included in MvC3 and listed them as either "slain" or "apprehended" such as Cable, Hayato, Amingo and Captain Commando just to name a few. Taking the place of the on the run unaccounted for Wolverine....was mega man. Simply brilliant.

New engine looks interesting. It's just a streamlined version of MvC3. The tag mechanic looks like it can be an assist at the same time (?) the space gem looks deliciously cheesy and ultron looks so fun. I want a Black Panther/Strider team with space gem :lol:

Day one.

Definitely looks like tag assist combos. Strider looks DIRTY. I'm already done with all the pressure play from people who will main him. :lol:

:lol: Man his setups look crazy this go round. They OTG everything in this game. Thor OTG'd mighty hurricane :wow:

What was the Megaman issue in MVC3? I don't really follow fighting games.

Not just a MvC issue. A Capcom issue.

They basically **** all on their flagship character and as a result, we haven't had a proper Mega Man game in 7 years. The creator of Mega Man (no longer with Capcom) tried to jump on the nostalgia train and create the suspiciously similar Mighty no. 9. Haven't played it but the unanimous consensus is that it was trash.

Mega Man is dead.

Capcom **** on DMC the same way

Minus whale just OTG everything. MVC is heavy on controlling and zoning. Hulk had some dirty OTG's after Strider in there. I had to watch the clip again and that space stone is going to aggravate the hell out of me. Imagine getting Wolvie in that box tho. :nerd:

really tempted to go since I'm going to miss out on SDCC again this year

D23 2017 schedule revealed, will include showcase of Studio’s full slate

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films in two jam-packed Hall D23 sessions.

At 2:30 p.m. on Friday, fans will discover what’s on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios.

On Saturday at 10:30 a.m., Disney, Marvel, and Lucasfilm showcase the Studios’ exciting slate of live-action films.

As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!

I really wish they Do a Ultimate Alliance 3. But I look forward to the new open world Avengers game dropping, plus I believe it's from Square Enix I believe, not too sure. But that gonna change the game.

Back
Top Bottom