WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

how powerful are the GOTG. isn't drax and gamora suppose to be much stronger than they are in the movies?
GotG 1 made it seem like Drax had super strength, just nowhere on par with the hulk

GotG1 also made it seem like Gamora lacked super strength until GotG 2 when she picked up that huge gun.

Watched it last night and it’s easily 7.9/8

I’m still trying to process everything and been discussing with fam and friends all day thru texts

Will be watched at least two more times in the theatres

Still trying to catch up in this thread but I’m about 20 pages behind

Shout out to lamekilla lamekilla for being the villain to bring Team Cap and Team IM together

I think the odd thing is that Thanos would worry about finite resources at all. He’s very advanced. If Tyrion can harness the power of a Star just to forge weapons, how could the universe really lack for resources? I’ll buy it for the movie’s sake and of course Thanos is the villain so he wouldn’t see the benefit of how giving different civilizations knowledge on creating and cultivating energy is a good thing instead of genocide. I guess it makes more sense than having him trying to bang Death like in the comics. Thanos is a cosmic Ozymandias I guess.

Think of all the times Stark told Parker to take his young butt home, stay on the sidelines and Parker be like "nah Mr. Stark", then watch him disintegrate right through your fingers.

I just realized how op Thor is...

He was able to teleport directly inside Wakanda's barrier from worlds away

Meanwhile a whole army is trying to slip through the barrier's cracks
Didn't they opened a section of the barrier? He could have entered from there.
the way he caught Proxima's staff/light sabre thing is crazy, that staff is very powerful can open up black holes etc.
Is that supposed to make it heavier or something? :lol:

There is just sooo much to process.

One thing that keeps coming up as I think about the film is how Thanos really isn’t a villain depending on your perspective, he doesn’t even expect or demand to be treated like a god.

After the snap of his fingers, he didn’t go out and let it be known it was him who did this. He doesn’t care about that. His motivation comes from what happened to his own planet and his own version of autruism. There’s no ego, he’s very secure and sure of himself.

When he would fight the avengers he could have easily gave them painful or quick deaths but nope, just submissions.

So much more to say but I’m still processing. There’s so much that happened, I can’t carch every nuance or savor each character clash up. So amazing.

Thanos was right.

Went to the hood spot to avoid the crowds. You get what you pay for I guess. I had a great view but c'mon fam...it's 2018, why are we still bringing babies to the movies and a 2.5 hour movie at that. A large family with a kid and a talkative special needs relative. They accounted for most of the noise. Luckily after about a half an hour, they got that baby tf up outta there or put it to sleep, I don't know but **** got quiet.

As for the movie, I enjoyed it, loved that we got a ton of Thanos in it. Loved that we finally got a truly worthy adversary who gave no *** and put in work.

Thought the Black Order was dope but they got washed a bit too easily. Ebony Maw was the **** when he showed up in NYC but they gave him that Bane-esque send off. Black Widow fighting off aliens, c'mon son?! Her and Hawkeye should have both caught that fade. And where was Legolas?

Did not like Hulk getting ****ed. I don't know if they're setting up a Hulk movie with him trying to get his mojo back but him being shook is not the Hulk way.

Guardians brought the lulz and the tears. I think my ***** about to level up. He losr his whole squad. Enough is enough.

I had a feeling BP would go (he dies in the Infinity Gauntlet comic arc too) but still felt like a bit of a gut punch especially coming off the BP hype train from earlier this year.

They took my ***** Spider-Man. Huge L for Queens, probably bigger than when DJ Envy came at The Brand. But if the comics are any indication, characters will come back. Dr. Strange is playing the long game, pause.

I was grinning from ear to ear at the end. Seeing the casuals visually upset by the ending was pleasing on some Despotic Nerd ****. That Finger Snap is legendary.

Loved the post credit scene but hated waiting an infinity for it. Makes me want to see the Captain Marvel now, smart move, Marvel.

Might see this again at AMC Lincoln Square with all the rich Whites who don't want to integrate their elementary schools

:lol: Queens def took a big L in that movie with Spider-Man not only dying but losing all his cool in the face of death. We’re a resilient bunch though, we’ll be back :nthat:

To me that shot y'all talking about wasn't even my favorite part of the trailer. Maybe it was cuz it didn't have all the Avengers in there.

Circle shot in A1>that shot

That shot is masterful in terms of cinematography. Whedon was in his bag. The way they convey the Avengers staring down insurmountable odds. It’s the first time they zoom in on the chitauri for it take off its masks and show a terrifying face that’s screams to instill fear in them but Hulk screams back and you’re more scared for the Chitauri then you are the Avengers. 6 vs 6000. Outrageous. Whole new level of respect for Whedon’s cinematography after watching IW.

Can we all agree that freeze frame of the Avengers in "Age of Ultron" opening was by far the cheesiest shot of all time though??

:lol: Bro nooooo! We are not going to flex on that scene. Don’t you dare. Hawkeye in the air with no damns given, Black Widow doing her best Liu Kang “flying bird kick” impression. Hulk and Thor ready to bonk dudes. Tony with the GOAT flying pose and Cap in the middle on a motorcycle on some Fonzie ****. That was the wall paper on my iMac for like a solid year.

I will say people who claim this movie can stand alone without watching any other movie is dead wrong

The Russo’s :smh:

Thanos only winding up with a minor scratch on his face.

Dude came off looking like a boss in BloodBorne.

The same Thanos that gave Hulk the whole buffet with one gem in his Gauntlet mind you, went toe to toe with Iron Man while he had 4 gems and got blood drawn :stoneface: and Thanos broke a sword off in Tony and it barely phased him :stoneface: :stoneface:

Watched it last night and it’s easily 7.9/8

I’m still trying to process everything and been discussing with fam and friends all day thru texts

Will be watched at least two more times in the theatres

Still trying to catch up in this thread but I’m about 20 pages behind

Shout out to lamekilla lamekilla for being the villain to bring Team Cap and Team IM together

Artist rendering of me versus this thread

20D0FE31-1F6B-4643-87AB-78249015BCF0.png

And I don't get so much folks stressed over the ending of the first of a two parter. Did this happen with LOTR?

Again, it's kind of complicated to compare the two because take the ending of "Fellowship of the Ring" for example.

It culminates at the battle in the forest with the Uruk-Hai. Boromir dies trying to save the Hobbits, Aragorn kills the leader of the Uruk-Hai, and Frodo sneaks off from the group. The fellowship is disbanded shortly thereafter with them at their lowest point (Legolas literally says "We failed...").

But Aragorn tells them to quit whining because Merry and Pippen are in need of rescue. Frodo and Sam set off on their quest to Mordor. There was a sense of direction for the upcoming film while simultaneously ending the first chapter.

Infinity War's ending was kinda aimless with everybody dying. No set-up for the sequel. Just fade to white. It was the MCU equivalent of the Sopranos finale. It was a non-ending.

Had a bunch of kids in my theater on Friday late morning. Mind you, school was NOT off for the day because 2 school buses picked kids up in my neighborhood that morning as they do every weekday morning. A lot of parents held their kids out on Friday for the movies. Ahhhh....America

Damn. That sounds like torture.

So can we all agree Quill is the new Clint?
Nah I still like Quill. He's a hothead but he's cool

Quill shows that he can be of help 9 out of 10 times. It's just unfortunate that the one time he didn't help, half the universe gets killed..

Clint is just boring and useless space.

Back
Top Bottom