WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Will Thor be double hammer on Thor 4 and/or GOTG 3 I mean Eitri can forge him another Mjolnir? Wanna see unwashed Thor with double hammer

Outside of CM, Wanda and Mjolnir Cap had him shook

No one outside of CM was strong enough to take down the Sanctuary. Maybe Iron Man with a proton cannon but that’s about it
Pretty sure Wanda could have taken down Sanctuary. We've not seen her full strength yet.

There were only two characters that had him on the ropes to the point where he needed a great deal of ingenuity or backup to escape: Wanda and Captain Marvel.

When Wanda had him hemmed up he had to call the Dreadnaught to rain fury, and with Captain Marvel he couldn't overpower her himself (unlike when he pushed off Cap and Thor simultaneously) and had to throw the power stone to his other hand to catch her off guard. Both of those characters actually overpowered him.
Difference between CM and Wanda is CM had him at a stalemate until he used the Super Spike V-Ball on her. Wanda was about to turn him into confetti and he could do nothing about it.

I been saying this will break the record,
Multiple views, last send off to heroes. Dudes being confused.

But man. Too many films coming out already.

Movie was solid...I'm pleased with how they handled the end for the original characters but like a lot of people mentioned, dealing with time travel in the plot is always hard to pull off. That's the route they went though going back to the events in Infinity War so it is what it is.

The un-snapping confuses me more though...so there's half of the entire population that will now be 5 years younger than everyone, even though they didn't feel any passage of time? Like Peter said, they blacked out when they disintegrated and then when they were brought back, they just woke up and Strange told him it was 5 years in the future. That's gonna be so weird coming back to a society like that

I think I'm in the #notmysteverogers camp now.

The more I think about it the more I don't jive with that decision

Especially when in an earlier scene we get a lesson from Tony and Howard about how you can't buy back time

But w/e not a huge deal

I think I'm in the #notmysteverogers camp now.

The more I think about it the more I don't jive with that decision

Especially when in an earlier scene we get a lesson from Tony and Howard about how you can't buy back time

But w/e not a huge deal
Mans went against his character :lol:

He deserved to live that life with Peggy tho he was stuck in the past and pretty selfless for the mission most of the time through the MCU

The firepower that ship was raining on them kept a whole army on the defensive. A whole army. And they took all that firepower and trained it on her. And she still took the ship out. I don't think you're giving her enough credit. But at this point I have a sneaking suspicion that you have a preexisting bias with the character so we can end the convo here.

Yeah, I disagree. Thor could have taken it down with Stormbreaker and using lightning. We saw that he was capable of turning the tide of a battle by himself in Wakanda. Captain Marvel was shoehorned at the end of this saga just to have her there. Her story itself wasn't essential IW and EG IMO. The end of the Infinity Saga should have been centered around the big three.

Last edited:
Torn on Cap. I get it that Cap should no not to go back and stay and his duty is here now.

But this is also his send off. I think they purposely kept him alive to a certain extent. For maybe movies down the line?

I believe Cap would know that there could be further threats down the line. Unless he thinks the current Avengers got it.

I actually really thought Strange cast a spell to keep the 6 Avengers alive. Too much of a coincidence for only them to survive.

Isn't captain marvel the most powerful character?

She didn't do anything to him.

Even before Thanos used a stone on her.

He has bled once from a scratch IM gave him in IW.
MCU wise I think she is but in the comics i'm sure Thor is stronger.

Random thought....

The thought of watching Dark Phoenix after witnessing Endgame would feel like a sin to me. Like a downgrade....like having a smartphone, but when it dies, you're handed a flip phone. :smh:

(God, I can't wait until the MCU starts making X-Men films)

That was like me trying to watch Flash after watching DareDevil.
Just couldn't do it :lol:

Not only grew up, the actress they got was significantly older than the five year difference than the actress in

Yeah, I disagree. Thor could have taken it down with Stormbreaker and using lightning. We saw that he was capable of turning the tide of a battle by himself in Wakanda. Captain Marvel was shoehorned at the end of this saga just to have her there. Her story itself wasn't essential IW and EG IMO. The end of the Infinity Saga should have been centered around the big three.
Thor in End Game and Thor in IW are two different people.

And the end of the infinity saga was centered around the big three.

The 1.2B is ridiculous but part of that is cuz it released worldwide the same week. Most film releases are staggered.

Thor in End Game and Thor in IW are two different people.

And the end of the infinity saga was centered around the big three.

Body types were different. That's it. Marvel was not essential to the end of the story. It was a cash grab. You're not going to change my mind. You're entitled to your opinion.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Rips Up All The Records: $111M+ Saturday; Awesome $358M+ Opening; Overall Weekend Biz At $400M+

The mindblowing mushrooming of Avengers: Endgame‘s box office weekend continues with early AM estimates for the Disney/Marvel pic showing easily an estimated $111.4M record for the day, that’s 30% down from Friday’s record $158.3M. This puts the Anthony and Joe Russo directed film at an extraordinary $358.5M. This numbers could change in a few hours as late night money is counted.

Note, Saturday is technically higher than Friday, if you back out the record $60M Thursday night previews. That would put Friday at $98.3M, and Saturday’s ticket sales at a 14% surge.

Endgame‘s Friday outstrips Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ previous opening and single day record of $119.1M by $39.2M, and Saturday beats Avengers: Infinity War‘s previous Saturday record of $82.1M by $29.3M.

Consider how staggering Endgame‘s $358.5M opening weekend is. That 3-day is $100.9M higher than the previous $257.6M debut record set by Avengers: Infinity War and $110.5M higher than Force Awakens’ $247.96M start. ComScore/Screen Engine reported yesterday that 62% of this weekend’s audience bought their tickets online ahead of time, while 36% purchased tickets at the theater. Reports of people literally taking off from work on Friday are abundant. No one wanted to miss this film and read about it on social media.

Because of Endgame, the overall box office weekend for all titles is the biggest ever with estimates now over $400M. We’ll have an update later this morning. The highest weekend of all-time was a year ago, when Infinity War led all titles to a $314M three-day. This year? Thanks to Endgame, the weekend box office is soaring to . And it’s not just Disney/Marvel who gets to bathe in this cash, but exhibitors, concession suppliers, Imax, Dolby, Fandago, Atom tickets; this is an industry ripple effect in which many parties have a share in the Endgame box office. The rays of this Marvel film shine on many. Imax’s Friday ticket sales for Endgame were $12M (including Thursday night) which is a $29.2K screen average, and 20% higher than Avengers: Infinity War‘s opening Friday. So far, it’s the biggest global opening for Imax with $52.1M through Friday.

Avengers is strong from Maine to Maui. 3-D accounted for 20% of the take, while PLFs were 12% and IMAX 9%.

Interesting tidbits updated through EOD Saturday: 5 runs grossing over $500K (AMC Empire NY 577K, AMC Orange 574K, AMC LSQ 542K & Regal Spectrum Irvine 504K, AMC Burbank 501K), 11 runs over $400k, 51 runs over $300K, $200 runs over $200K, 404 runs over $150K, and 837 runs over $100K

Updated PostTrak as of Friday night: Parents and kids still were in the minority at 23%, with 77% general audiences. Definite recommend upticked from 83% on Thursday night to 85%. Men under 25 became the leading demo repping 35%, men over 25 are now 28%, females under 25 were at 19%, and females over 25 were 18%. Five stars among parents and general audiences. Kids at 12 a tad more critical at 4 1/2. Diversity breakdown is 44% Caucasian, 21% Hispanic, 15% African American, and 20% Asian/other.

CinemaScore audiences gave Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe its third A+ for Endgame following The Avengers and Black Panther.

Back
Top Bottom