WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

E8842669-3585-4A44-9C2A-6EA288753FCA.jpeg

F6C66BF8-40D4-41AC-8795-DACD6E0DA663.jpeg

9D65AB91-EBF0-479A-A1AE-4C5A66F59C54.jpeg

DFA396FD-0DA7-432D-99F6-C40230D5A133.jpeg

CEC41BF9-183B-4E21-B124-4F223ED108CD.jpeg

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Directors Reveal The Marvel Studios Movie's Single Most Expensive Shot

So, which is it? Tony Stark/Iron Man's star-studded funeral scene.

"We used to joke, and I don’t know if it’s joking, it’s probably the most expensive shot in movie history," Joe said, revealing that he cost of the cast is what drove the price up. "That’s a lot of salary on the screen there. At the very least it’s the most expensive day of extras in movie history, outside of Cleopatra."

As for how they managed to make that sequence a reality without it leaking online beforehand, it boiled down to having to mislead the cast and tell them that they were shooting a wedding.

"They were all brought there under this pretense that they were coming for a wedding — it’s kind of heartbreaking to think about now — but they all have managers, and agents, and hair and make up, and we can’t tell anybody what we’re up to, because it can leak through one of a thousand sources," Joe explains.

"So they were all brought there under the pretense that they’re coming for a wedding, and the day they got there and we started to dress them in the black outfits, they said, ‘This is a very strange wedding.’ We said, ‘It’s because it’s actually a funeral.’" Anthony went on to reveal that only Gwyneth Paltrow had been warned because "it was an enormous character moment."

"Maybe one or two of the other actors we knew it was a big moment for. But no, most of them found out on that day, so it’s a testament to what good actors they are," he concluded.

Have yall discussed in here the drama that Marvel is already having in China regarding Shang Chi?

They casted a Canadian citizen who left China as the hero while the homegrown Chinese legend (dude playing Mandarin) is playing the main villain.

Apparently mainland Chinese people are already complaining about the casting choice and how it portrays them to the Western media.

Have yall discussed in here the drama that Marvel is already having in China regarding Shang Chi?

They casted a Canadian citizen who left China as the hero while the homegrown Chinese legend (dude playing Mandarin) is playing the main villain.

Apparently mainland Chinese people are already complaining about the casting choice and how it portrays them to the Western media.
Chinese ppl are like that.

They'd probably say the same thing if they had cast a Chinese American or a Chinese Canadian for Mulan.

That's stupid to complain about.

Later, I will post the video. Its from that Grace lady that post movie reviews. Forgot the name "Beyond the Box Office" or something like that

I guess the backstory of Shang Chi in the comics was that he left China and came to America and thats how he got his powers, and that is also going to be a big no no if you want the character to be endeared by Chinese audiences.

They should at least wait for the movie to come out before they complain.

I’m sure a number of things are going to be changed from the comics, like Fu Manchu being his dad.

Late but that deleted scene funny as hell. BP looking around like I guess I gotta do this. MAGA Cap struggling to take a knee and Gamora just dipping. Would have completely killed the end of the movie.

I think there's a chance marvel studios flip Shang Chi's story to avoid alienating Chinese support.

They can always make it about a Chinese Canadian who came to China and gained powers that way.
Shang-Chi doesnt gain powers in his origin though.
It's obvious that Cap is the Russos' guy.

Made Tony take the L in CW. Gave Cap the happy ending in IW.
They stated they had a bias since The Winter Soldier though.

They might as well flip the script with Shang Chi and start it out with him being a normal guy in NYC fighting in underground MMA circuits for cash, before going back to China for a family funeral, being reminded of his infamous pops, and then being enlightened with his powers and whatnot. Dude is supposed to be "Master of Martial Arts" and not just Kung Fu right? Have him be a beast at all fighting forms, combination of Ali, Mayweather, Gracie, Jon Jones, wresting, etc. I'll be damned if some old school people come out of nowhere saying Marvel didn't stay true to a character 95% of us gave no damns about a couple of years (or weeks) ago. Better not have my guy Jung out here just Hiyahing for 2 hours.

^^^
That's what I'm implying though. Marvel is looking to introduce a superhero who's origin doesn't include any superpowers. Per the comics, dude appeared to just be going around Kung Fu fighting with a headband on? We mad if Marvel doesn't stay true to that? Haha, I honestly don't know much about his origin because I didn't know he existed until a year or two ago.

Back
Top Bottom