WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

it was a blessing in disguise that marvel didnt have the rights to the spiderman, xmen and f4

i think spidey and batman are still #1 and #2 in terms of hero popularity

Yea they not touching Bats or Spidey. Is anybody REALLY a fan of MAGACap? Chris Evans in real life though >>>

Yea they not touching Bats or Spidey. Is anybody REALLY a fan of MAGACap? Chris Evans in real life though >>>

What? Cap seems to be pretty popular. Him picking up Mjolnir had movie theaters lit.

They never even tried to address why Captain Marvel didn't age :lol:

Time dilation like Interstellar. She was flying close to some black holes.

tenor.gif

What? Cap seems to be pretty popular. Him picking up Mjolnir had movie theaters lit.

Not on THAT level. I'd say Ironman has boosted his fanbase into the upper echelon far more than Cap has.

Captain in these films>>> any film Bats has been in. And I am a huge Batman fan.
Not hard to believe kids growing up in this age will idolize Cap more.

Captain in these films>>> any film Bats has been in. And I am a huge Batman fan.
Not hard to believe kids growing up in this age will idolize Cap more.

pretty much.. MCU literally worked with at best the B and C team at best.. meanwhile DC is fumbling with A list or taking risk like going stylized with justice league

it doesnt make sense to me the steps DC/WB has taken post nolan.. i at least could get fox going the way they did with xmen for x1 and x2, even though i thought those movies were dry as hell even back then

i dont think we've had a definitive on screen bats yet.. christian bale being the best to date

Last edited:
Marvel comics set the stage of bringing Cap and Iron Man into the forefront of the universe with Civil War. They built up what could be done without their traditional A-list characters on the page first. Then they handled Phase 1 origin films the right way by not trying to cram in too much so they had things to build up to. They also had ZERO expectations critically or financially. Batman, Spidey, and X-Men were making money even when the films weren't good so Universal and Paramount were happy to be along for the ride. They knew they weren't getting any DC characters and they knew Marvel wouldn't sell full rights to their characters like they had in the past.

Another thing that's helped the universe move along is them flat out ignoring certain things after they changed directions. Example: I assume when Avengers 1 happened, there was zero thought that Loki's scepter was an infinity stone. Otherwise, why would Thanos give it to Loki just for him to go fetch him another one? Completely ignored in Endgame when Maw tells Thanos he just became the first person to ever wield two infinity stones - like Loki wasn't rocking out with the scepter and the tesseract at the same time...

Reactions: MVP
Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5. It got to be so much crossover as the films progressed it's difficult to say Cap carried any film outside of Winter Soldier in which the villain was really good as well. OG Ironman was good as but 2 and especially 3 left a lot to be desired.

Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5. It got to be so much crossover as the films progressed it's difficult to say Cap carried any film outside of Winter Soldier in which the villain was really good as well. OG Ironman was good as but 2 and especially 3 left a lot to be desired.

MCU stole the batman playbook with cap, sure the other people are the real stars (like batman villains really are the stars) but dude lays low and does his thing especially in civil war

really DC/WB should just rip off the MCU or better yet go to their animated movies

You have to face reality.

People 25 and up would say Batman is more important to them, but kids age 10 to 25 is definitely for Captain America.

Last year I followed my little cousin to back to school and the amount of Captain America/Black Panther/Marvel bookbags were INSANE on those kids. You are really underestimating the power of the MCU at this point

You have to face reality.

People 25 and up would say Batman is more important to them, but kids age 10 to 25 is definitely for Captain America.

Last year I followed my little cousin to back to school and the amount of Captain America/Black Panther/Marvel bookbags were INSANE on those kids. You are really underestimating the power of the MCU at this point

I'm not underestimating anything. I was addressing your assertion that Cap in these films was better than any film Bats was in. That's a stretch Armstrong reach.

The dark knight was 2008

Best Batman we’ve gotten is either from the animated movies or LEGO Batman since

The best movie batman has been Keaton. bale has a dumb voice and can barely move in his batsuit. affleck was a psycho that tried to kill superman for no reason and only stopped because their moms have the same first name.

keaton had less movement than bale in the suit

tdk had the upgraded suit that was segmented, more like tactical armor/gear

fighting-wise batfleck > bale > west > keaton (not even gon mention schumachers)

i really dig the keysi fighting style balebats used

Begins > The First Avenger
TDK > WS
Rises < Civil War

I'm not a stan of either "universe" I fully acknowledge Marvel kills DC for the majority on live action films while DC has the animation game on lock. I'm specifically addressing his statement.

Begins > The First Avenger
TDK > WS
Rises < Civil War

I'm not a stan of either "universe" I fully acknowledge Marvel kills DC for the majority on live action films while DC has the animation game on lock. I'm specifically addressing his statement.

Those 3 Batman films you mentioned are a trilogy, while you are correct on how they stand with regard to cap movies

But I don’t think the nolan movies were built or would have been good for the (or A) greater DC universe

Back
Top Bottom