WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Lol Sony think they can strive without mcu. But they don’t realize that their core fans are the mcu and if you take that away from them, they’ll be happy enough to just stream their ****ty take.
****ty amazing spiderman 1&2 each made 700+ mill and Venom made 800+ mill. I’m sure there’s still people that want to see movies

can we please just get all of these characters under one studio so we can get the stories how they're supposed to be on screen??????
everyone will eat; whats the problem. seriously.
its not complicated at all. look at the comics. everyone is in everyone's comic. everybody shines. df.

The Spidey news further reinforces DC >>> :lol:
giphy.gif

ooh-hes-trying-5bd3b1.jpg

Warned of this since day 1.

First Spidey movie that makes a billi cuz of the MCU and Sony is like nah we got this now.

There is a lot of webbing here, but it all comes down to money, and it’s easy to understand why both sides refused to give ground. Disney asked that future Spider-Man films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios, and there were discussions that this might extend to other films in the Spider-Man universe. Sony turned that offer down flat, and I don’t believe they even came back to the table to figure out a compromise. Led by Tom Rothman and Tony Vinciquerra, Sony just simply didn’t want to share its biggest franchise. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. Disney refused.

Sources said Disney’s top brass for the past several months has sought new terms for Feige and the Marvel cross-pollination to continue. As the Spider-Man relationship grew, Feige and Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman spoke about the possibility of a wider involvement in the Sony-controlled Spider-man universe, which contains 900 characters. I’m told that Feige lent an unofficial hand with the blockbuster Venom, but I’ve also been told that that film was far from the polished product that grossed $856 million worldwide, until Rothman himself spent a good long time in the editing room helping to get it there.

It is understandable that the fiscally shrewd Rothman would balk at giving up half of Sony’s biggest franchise to Marvel. After all, Marvel already owns the merchandising on Spider-Man. Does the Mouse really need half of the movie universe also? Sony so far has decided that as valuable as Feige is, Disney is asking too high a price.

Sources said that Sony reasoned that they will be fine, without Feige. The creative template has been set on the Spider-Man films, and Watt and Holland are in place along with Amy Pascal, who became producer with Feige after she exited the executive suite after presiding over the previous Spider-man iterations directed by Sam Raimi and Marc Webb as Sony Pictures chief.
And originally money and the red tape was my exact reasoning for why this would never happen.

An inside look has Disney being a but greedy and Sony being a bit selfish.
We're likely to get ANOTHER reboot.

Last edited:
Warned of this since day 1.

First Spidey movie that makes a billi cuz of the MCU and Sony is like nah we got this now.

We're likely to get ANOTHER reboot.
yeah but that may not be the case
seems like it may be over some producers credit
which can be fixed
seems like new outlets was on that fake news steez

Sony probably wants to do a live action multiverse and bring Miles Morales into the fold. A Black/Puerto Rican live action Spider-Man could be the highest grossing Spider film of all time. Sony isn't going to let Disney get all the bags.

Sony probably wants to do a live action multiverse and bring Miles Morales into the fold. A Black/Puerto Rican live action Spider-Man could be the highest grossing Spider film of all time. Sony isn't going to let Disney get all the bags.

A lot of things COULD happen

Back
Top Bottom