WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I really can’t believe this shhh..

young black dude was about to be on the verge of being the biggest superhero in the damn world

in a world with all the mess going on.. dude legit would have been at the forefront of the biggest damn movie entity in the world

white kids wanting to grow up to be a black superhero

AD260190-48AB-4534-82F2-915D6E5F1FC0.jpeg

“In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a.. stepping off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where.. you can run forever.” 😞

Perfectly poignant. Great tribute.

wow.
all i keep thinkin bout is his family
all that workin while sick was him securing the bag for his family
yall think Feige knew?

I believe top Marvel brass knew - probably one of the reasons BP’s role was not as prominent as it could have been over IW and EG. The big question is whether they’ll attempt to re-cast, or launch directly into Shuri as BP.

With the de-aging / facial tech they’ve already used for various people in the Infinity Saga, I can see them briefly using a stand in actor w/ Chadwick’s face in order to at least explain away his disappearance. I don’t know if I like that though.

Had a wild thought of them inviting back Michael B. Jordan to continue as T’Challa. I think the fandom generally would be understanding and supportive.

From an emotional perspective right now, I hope they let the character rest - Chadwick made T’Challa who he is. Perfect casting.

Who knows? Feige and Coogler probably do though.

Had a chance to meet Chadwick Boseman at my job. He laughed when I called him Mr Wakanda man because all the women were in awe of him. Nice guy. One of my co workers asked me to cover him while he got he a pic and autograph. Sure enough Chad hooked him up. As it’s been stated, for him to give us EPIC movies while battling cancer is just.... the most unselfish thing an actor can do. To give literally all you have left to the screen. Rest Well Chadwick. You fought the good fight

IF there needs to be a recast i personally wouldnt pick MBJ. mainly due to MBJ already making killmonger an iconic role himself. plus its too fresh.
i would say just recast maybe go a bit older. that way they can throw in the storyline of the illumnati or bp and storm being married. let shuri get all the action after
thats just imo tho

I believe top Marvel brass knew - probably one of the reasons BP’s role was not as prominent as it could have been over IW and EG. The big question is whether they’ll attempt to re-cast, or launch directly into Shuri as BP.

With the de-aging / facial tech they’ve already used for various people in the Infinity Saga, I can see them briefly using a stand in actor w/ Chadwick’s face in order to at least explain away his disappearance. I don’t know if I like that though.

Had a wild thought of them inviting back Michael B. Jordan to continue as T’Challa. I think the fandom generally would be understanding and supportive.

From an emotional perspective right now, I hope they let the character rest - Chadwick made T’Challa who he is. Perfect casting.

Who knows? Feige and Coogler probably do though.

For sure they’ll do send off in BP2, Paul Walkers send off/beach scene still breaks me down to this day, the realness in all those actors faces, that wasn’t a scripted good bye, that was a group of friends saying goodbye...SO TOUCHING.

I don’t expect anything less from Marvel

I think Shuri steps up and gets the mantle. Especially with the current social climate, it's the most logical move IMO.
So sad, tell you about the impact the movie had, one of my nephews, lil white boy 5 years old was wearing his BP costume for weeks parents had to put it away and he would always talk about how it was his favorite superhero.
He can rest knowing he inspired a generation of black kids who finally had a major blockbuster superhero who looked like them.
Rest in Power.

At some point they’ll recast.

Yes, the actor is very important to the character, but the character is very important to the MCU. An iconic character in the MCU.

I hate to include business in the conversation at a time like this, but there is just too much money to be made with the Black Panther character.

I’m still shook, i can’t even bring myself to think about who could potentially be casted to play BP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom