WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Cap and IM might be showing up in the Spiderman movie?

Did Robert Downey Jr. Let It Slip That Iron Man And Captain America Will Be In The Spider-Man Movie?

During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Monday night, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans had an interesting exchange. After Evans had complained about how hot it was in Atlanta, Downey Jr. said, “By the way, we are going to shoot in Atlanta again, you and I.” Evans agreed, “I know, I’m ready, I’m ready.”

Looking out at Marvel’s schedule, the only upcoming Marvel Studios movie already slated for Atlanta is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Both Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok have already announced filming locations in other areas of the world besides Atlanta.

Does that mean Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans are going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2? No, because director James Gunn has already gone on record stating that Iron Man will not be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Gunn has also stated that it’s important to him that Quill is the sole human character in the film for the time being, so it’s unlikely Captain America will be popping up either.

Plus, it really wouldn’t make sense for Marvel to throw Downey Jr. and Evans (and their hefty salaries) in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Gunn has created something magical with the Guardians, and the movie really doesn’t need any Avengers at this point. In fact throwing Avengers into the film would probably even take away from whatever incredible story Gunn has dreamed up.

So why could Downey Jr. and Evans be heading back to Atlanta to film? Well, it could be Downey Jr. was referencing Avengers: Infinity War, but that movie really is a little far off for the filming location to be solidified. It’s also possible that the two could be filming some other non-Marvel project, but there doesn’t appear to be anything officially announced on either’s schedule.

However, the most likely answer might have been provided by Tom Holland. While doing press for In the Heart of the Sea, Holland revealed that Spider-Man will primarily film in Atlanta. It’s already known that the Sony and Marvel deal which allows for Spider-Man to appear in Marvel Studios films, also allows for Marvel Studios characters to appear in Spider-Man films. With a lot riding on Sony’s second relaunch of the Spider-Man franchise, it would certainly make sense for them to bring in a couple heavy hitters like Captain America and Iron Man to appear.

Spider-Man is scheduled to be released on July 28, 2017.

Didnt he end up deciding to not retire though?
Him and rdj. Are now etched in hollywood history with these roles.

Last edited:
Has Cap even gotten any yambs throughout comic book history?
I don't know if Cap has ever smashed Sharon Carter or the other Carter :lol:

I do know in the Cap & Falcon comic Cap smashed the Scarlet Witch but this was when she was going insane and manipulating reality so the next day she was gone and when Cap met her and tried to kiss her she acted like it never happened :lol: So Cap could've just thought he did.
Didnt he end up deciding to not retire though?
Him and rdj. Are now etched in hollywood history with these roles.
Yeah he did but he hasn't signed a movie extension so after his contract is up it's still up in the air if he'll come back or where his character will be by the end of Infinity War.
There's a very funny gif related to this discussion but can't post it for obvious reasons. Some of y'all know what it is :lol:

:lol:  The fear in her eyes before it goes down :rofl:
:nerd:

Sebastian Stan Says There Will Be More On The Winter Soldier's Backstory In CIVIL WAR

omnfd9Q.jpg

With the release of the first teaser for Captain America: Civil War last week, it is clear that Bucky Barnes will be a central figure in the next Marvel film. In a new interview, Sebastian Stan indicates audiences will learn more about how Bucky became the Winter Solider. "What happened before the movie Winter Soldier, there will be a lot of things sort of made more clear in Civil War about what happened with him."

The Winter Soldier's relationship with Hydra may also be complicated in Civil War. "Hydra, in a sense, is responsible for him still being alive," Stan says. Bucky may always have a certain relationship with Hydra because "in a way, they're like his second family."

He also notes that Bucky has learned more about his past since the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and that information comes with "a huge price" in Civil War. "It's not easy for him to learn about what he's done." Stan adds that Bucky will be a "problem for a lot of people" in Civil War.

With Spider-man primarily filming in Atlanta I am making it my mission to be in this film any way possible. Watched a lot of set pieces with Ant man and Civil War but I WILL be in this new Spider-Man film :D

With Spider-man primarily filming in Atlanta I am making it my mission to be in this film any way possible. Watched a lot of set pieces with Ant man and Civil War but I WILL be in this new Spider-Man film :D
Even if you managed to somehow get on set and get in a scene they'd just cut you out in editing during post-production.

in IW is the final battle going to be everyone vs Thanos or will there be another giant hoard battle?
It can go either way. In the Infinity Gauntlet comic, it was Thanos against a bunch of Earth heroes and cosmic heroes.

Thanos could get himself another alien army though. Extra points if the writer's include Thanos' Cull Obsidian a.k.a. Black Order :smokin

Last edited:
They got to be a little more original than the Avengers fighting an army

I think even I would check out a little bit if I see that again

That's why I'm looking forward to CW so much. The fighting is so much more personal. I'm hoping to see lots of 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 showdowns.

Showdowns I'd like to see happen:

Spiderman vs Black Panther

Iron Man vs Cap of course

Black Widow vs Hawkeye

Black Panther vs Winter Soldier

Scarlet Witch vs anyone

Cap and Bucky vs IM and War Machine

Spiderman and Cap vs any two guys

If all this happens, I would cry

Last edited:
Hemsworth was asked about potentially renewing his contract with Marvel Studios given his original multi-picture deal will be fulfilled after the massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War event. "Contractually that will finish me up, I have to see how I feel at the end of them, it's still a while away," he said before joking that he'd like to see a fourth Thor movie explore the Odinson letting himself go physically. "Ask me in three films time," Hemsworth added.

There is no BP hype. But whatever fans he has, they're pretty vocal and excited about him being in the MCU

Still not understanding how they're going to choreograph his fight scenes. His whole suit is vibranium. Someone like Cap or WS can't exactly punch him in the face or kick him anywhere. Totally unfair lol.
This,my dude hasn't had a stand alone title in years and we're talking about hype :lol: . Also he's arguably the most badass Black superhero there is,bout damn time for both his movie and the comics series reboot :lol: ,Hickman's New Avengers with him was:smokin  though.  

If BP isn't cool in the movie it seems like people are already hyped for luke cage's upcoming series and like his character a lot.

"That’s why it’s kind of exciting to look forward to Cap 3. I think we really scratched the surface on something great and I think there’s just so much to explore. Not just with the evolution of myself and [Anthony] Mackie’s character, but the reconnection with Bucky, and ultimately a relationship with a woman."
Cap getting the cheeks from Sharon in CW?

Back
Top Bottom