WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

It’s interesting to see people argue how IW will crush the numbers that Black Panther did. In fact they seem offended this movie did so well & express how they can’t wait to see IW crush this.

What does it matter what IW will do compared to BP? Why can’t there be a celebration of the success for this movie without comparing what may happen with an unreleased movie? Where are these sentiments coming from? Food for thought...

Nice tweet...

No IW will open larger because is a movie we been preparing for over a decade and because Marvel is genius dropping BP months before IW...they knew it was gonna be a cultural movement and they baited a whole new crowd of people that probably never seen a CBM before, but now that they start rolling the IW advertisement and they see BP with a major role in it, they gonna support it, along with their fan base that’s been following along for years....if you look at the trailers BP and Strange seem to have the central roles....one spearheading NY and the other Wakanda.

The numbers BP did over the weekend isnt surprising at all. "Experts" were trying to pigeon hole the movie compared to the other MCU solos of recent and gave out low predictions.

In terms of what IW will do, we know it's gonna do more that BP but that's not a discredit to BP

Na the experts were straight. Numbers didn’t lie.
They just couldn’t guess the amount of brothas coming out the woodworks from dads, moms, uncles and aunts :lol:

Saw this earlier and couldn't agree more

Screenshot_20180220-124252.jpg

I hate FB, but I would love to see the replies :lol:

It's borderline unfair how gorgeous lupita is. She made it hard for me to watch this movie considering the personality of her character combined with her looks. Literally felt mesmerized at some points watching her in this movie

Lupita is the woman we want but don't deserve. Some of her tweets are hilarious and also very inspiring. Very down to earth chick even with very recent success.

I've always found Lupita gorgeous. I understand beauty is a matter of taste but I never understood how gilbert arenas didn't catch more flack for his derogatory comments about her & how ugly he thought she was. I mean he really went in on her.

I've said my piece about Marvel movies (comic movies in general), but I'm glad the Russo Bros are at the helm of IW.

Last edited:
Hope to look as good as Chadwick Boseman when I’m 40. As much love as I have for Kevin Feige right now Sarah Halley Finn is the architect for this greatness. Tom Holland is really Peter Parker to me. RDJ is the real Tony Stark (with his post Heroes reborn look) Chris Hemsworth is really Thor, Chris Evans is really Steve Rogers. And now I can’t see Chadwick without thinking he has some real Kimoyo beads and can visit Necropolis. The casting has been the real draw of the MCU. When Marvel came through on there promise to Sam Jackson after using his likeness with Ultimate Nick Fury, it’s been nothing up ever since. All hail Sarah Halley Finn!

Yea IW absolutely has to do better than any solo movie put out or there will have been no point to the effort put into laying down the groundwork for the film

Yea BP is attracting a different crowd, where there's a mix of marvel fans and those who don't even care about infinity war

Even if no new fans come to infinity war I think infinity war will be OK just because there are a lot of fans interested in seeing how this phase ends.

Marvel kinda blowing its load with its marketing and are kinda presenting this movie as the end of an era. Not sure how successful the marketing will be doing it all over again for A4; they'd need to take a different tack.

Last edited:
I like how Shuri points out that T’Challa made the previous suit. I know they’re pushing Shuri as bring extremely smart, but it was good for them to point that out since T’Challa is at least top 10 smartest in Marvel comics. We haven’t scene much of his intellect on display, yet.

Also, that first fight between T’Challa and Killmonger was shades of Batman and Bane’s first fight in TDKR

Lupita is always all over MBJ whenever I see them together in videos. Touching him and stuff. I think they had to have at least *****

Back
Top Bottom