WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Something to ask: What did everyone think Killmonger's motivation was?
Depends. He says one thing, but also he’s a spy that’s trained on deceit and disrupting governments. So he could easily be just full of it and only want revenge or the throne. Not the clearest thing. For somebody that preaches one thing, he really has no problem killing his brothers and actually enjoys it.

Does he want to just see the world burn for the injustices done to him, or does he want to actually help black people rise up? Maybe a little of both? Idk

The power of the box office. So apparently the IW second trailer is delayed because marvel wants to emphasize BP and Wakanda even more for its latest cut? LOL

BP is going to be the iron man of the next phase for sure
yeah. Happened with Wonder Woman and Justice league. You know who your money earners and hot properties are

The power of the box office. So apparently the IW second trailer is delayed because marvel wants to emphasize BP and Wakanda even more for its latest cut? LOL

Wasn’t it slated for him and Spider-Man to take over?

wasn't killmonger's pops trying to do the same thing though? that was part of his explanation to t'challa..that the black folks in the states and around the world could be using those weapons.

So Erik def had some deep motivation. Avenging his father...finishing his fathers work...chanigning the landscape and power heirarchy..

I'm cool with that. :pimp:

BP is the best MCU Avenger next to Tony.

fan4 is cheeks as a crew

tenor.gif

Lots of good points. I felt Coogler had a little nuance in there as regards what Killmonger was really aiming at. The clue I picked up on was dropped when he was sending the three ships out with the Wakandan weapons on them. What were the three countries they were going to?

sorry if already posted (scene will be included in the bluray/dvd release):

The Deleted Scene Ryan Coogler Couldn't Keep in 'Black Panther'

There was a key scene between Danai Gurira‘s Okoye and Daniel Kaluuya‘s W’Kabi discussing their conflicting opinion of Erik Killmonger before their battle towards the end of the film. It’s said it would have emphasized their relationship and foreshadowed their face-off during the third act.

“So in the film it is more than hinted at that they’re a couple, but there is a scene directly after Killmonger takes the throne where you hear both characters articulate their point of view as to why they should or shouldn’t follow this man and it’s one of the most well-acted scenes I’ve ever been a part of.

Unfortunately, it occurred at a point in the movie where audiences just wanted to get to the resolution and so it slowed down a part of the movie and we were afraid audiences were checking out. We were also afraid if we took it out we’re going to ruin this movie—‘guys we’re going to ruin this movie; let’s not take it out.’ We didn’t take it out for three or four screenings and we finally took it out and I think Ryan and I were probably the last men on that beach saying don’t take it out.”

Lots of good points. I felt Coogler had a little nuance in there as regards what Killmonger was really aiming at. The clue I picked up on was dropped when he was sending the three ships out with the Wakandan weapons on them. What were the three countries they were going to?
Man I can't believe I missed that both times I watched. My attention span is so short sometimes, I blanked out when W'kabi and him was discussing what spots to hit first.

Uh..

London, NY.. and HK?

I think I saw a vid and they pointed out that these were all cities with Sanctum Santorums

wasn't killmonger's pops trying to do the same thing though? that was part of his explanation to t'challa..that the black folks in the states and around the world could be using those weapons.

So Erik def had some deep motivation. Avenging his father...finishing his fathers work...chanigning the landscape and power heirarchy..

He definitely was a villain with a goal. Which is rare. Him and Zemo are up there for me. Killmonger is without a doubt or question my number one villain. 1b to Heaths Joker. MBJ just isn't touching Ledgers performance.

That wasn't his girl though. She was just part of his plan. Him being on Klaws team was how the agent described his training to a t. Infiltrate, destroy etc.
So she was just another means to an end, then? If everyone in his life is just a means to an end what does that say about him though

Uh..

London, NY.. and HK?

I think I saw a vid and they pointed out that these were all cities with Sanctum Santorums
So I wasn't buggin. I was not sure if they discussed ny or not as targets cuz I blanked out both times I watched. They had to have some kind of death wish wanting to hit ny first considering that's an Avengers stronghold.

He says it's for black liberation but I don't believe him. Anyone who kills as indiscriminately as he does only cares about himself. Not even his gf was safe from his killing spree.

this isn't true tho. he was literally finishing the plan his father set out. Being driven by revenge doesn't make him completely self-serving. He had noble intentions. He and T'Challa were two different sides of the same coin.

Yeah I don't see any of Killmonger's motives as being mutually exclusive. He wanted revenge , he became a murderer to prepare for it, but he also wanted to liberate people all over the world. No one is one note.

So I wasn't buggin. I was not sure if they discussed ny or not as targets cuz I blanked out both times I watched. They had to have some kind of death wish wanting to hit ny first considering that's an Avengers stronghold.
Yeah.. maybe there was a deeper connection to that after all

Killmonger's motives evolved from his father's. He was going to use the oppressed to help him achieve world domination. He said so when he ascended the throne (in the throne room) & gave everyone their marching orders.

this isn't true tho. he was literally finishing the plan his father set out. Being driven by revenge doesn't make him completely self-serving. He had noble intentions. He and T'Challa were two different sides of the same coin.
In the final fight scene he said the “sun would never set on the Wakandan empire.”

T’Challa called him on it and he said something about “learning from his enemies”.

That’s when T’Challa said “you’ve become them” or something like that.

KM may or may not have had noble intentions at the start. His moves after he took the crown were those of a “colonizer”, which is who had been trained by.

In the final fight scene he said the “sun would never set on the Wakandan empire.”

T’Challa called him on it and he said something about “learning from his enemies”.

That’s when T’Challa said “you’ve become them” or something like that.

KM may or may not have had noble intentions at the start. His moves after he took the crown were those of a “colonizer”, which is who had been trained by.

for me...i'm taking into account the distaste he had for Wakanda and the royal family. in his mind, Wakanda is sitting back while Africans all around the world suffer...so understandably he doesn't care much for them. The way he sees it...it's "**** y'all...i need these resources to help people".

Also can't colonize something that you're native to but that's another topic.

If you look at their Superbowl spot, you can clearly see that just about EVERYONE is in Wakanda except for Stark, Strange and Parker.

Back
Top Bottom