WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Who owns ESPN?

Disney does which was the point nawtyhere was attempting to make. Then the peanut gallery usual suspects said they don't see what that has to do with anything.

On top of the suspension, you guys fail to point out that Jemele lost her job as the co-lead to 6 o'clock Sportscenter as a result of all of this. She went from a very high profile to being sent away to Undefeated. The equivalent would be if they brought James Gunn back to go direct an episode of Agents of Shield. Also they originally tried to fire her outright but Michael Smith refused to do the show without her trying the Mouses hands in the process.
You're conflating two different things with what's happening which is why ppl said one doesn't have to do with the other.

Hill said something in real time on ESPN, made news, she got suspended from ESPN. Not fired.

Gunn had old comments brought up to vilify him that he already apologized for, Disney fired him. Then the immediate backlash occurred, cast spoke up, Hollywood started talking, etc. Then Marvel Studios started really getting down to details about what it entails to let dude go.

This isn't Disney made a decision and then changed their minds. Marvel and ESPN are two completely different companies under Disney. Why would you assume they'd behave the same?

But regardless we talking suspensions vs. firings and like I said before Hill aint bringing in a billi so why are we pretending like Disney is some fair and just media conglomerate? :lol:

As far as other fallout, ESPN is trash. I don't watch it anymore. I'm no big fan of Hill but I had been said she should've expressed her freedom of speech again and get fired or quit and do her own thing with her co-anchor.

The Michael Smith part is what I'm talking about that makes it different for Gunn. Who else went up to bat at ESPN for Hill? I mean hell how many fans voiced their opinion to let ESPN they werent rocking with it? Gunn got a lot of good relationships apparently and even Marvel Studios dont want to go through with the firing.

To me you can't quite compare ESPN to Marvel in how Disney treats them. One is sports journalism and opinion orientated entertainment. Everybody got a hot take and there are plenty ppl that can say some **** you agree with.

Hollywood though, thats pretty inclusive the higher you go up, based on word of mouth and reputation and you see how ppl start to act when something goes down they don't like. Plus they protected who they like.

Last edited:
You're conflating two different things with what's happening which is why ppl said one doesn't have to do with the other.

Hill said something in real time on ESPN, made news, she got suspended from ESPN. Not fired.

Gunn had old comments brought up to vilify him that he already apologized for, Disney fired him. Then the immediate backlash occurred, cast spoke up, Hollywood started talking, etc. Then Marvel Studios started really getting down to details about what it entails to let dude go.

This isn't Disney made a decision and then changed their minds. Marvel and ESPN are two completely companies under Disney. Why would you assume they'd behave the same?

But regardless we talking suspensions vs. firings and like I said before Hill aint bringing in a billi so why are we pretending like Disney is some fair and just media conglomerate? :lol:

That still isn't what happened.

Jemele Hill called 45 a racist after Charlottesville which lead to this in addition to all the Fox News pundits calling for her termination

Which led to ESPN making her do this

If Sarah Sanders & 45 don't call her to be fired, she would've never been suspended for her comments about the Cowboys. That was just ESPN punishing her retroactively.

And again ESPN wanted to fire her but Michael Smith threatened to walk out just as Batista is doing now.

Outside of the time frame when the statements that got both parties in trouble was said, it's step by step the same sequence of events.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up money because that had nothing to do with any of the points being discussed. Of course Feige is going to be what is financially beneficial to the MCU. I think that goes without saying.

SUZzQ5f-k6GjIRW34HliHo1QwOqRKkNcxJJO872PbkM.jpg

Steve Rogers ignores mandatory helmet and face shield laws in New York. I keep telling y'all.. he really ain't ****

That still isn't what happened.

Jemele Hill called 45 a racist after Charlottesville which lead to this in addition to all the Fox News pundits calling for her termination

Which led to ESPN making her do this

If Sarah Sanders & 45 don't call her to be fired, she would've never been suspended for her comments about the Cowboys. That was just ESPN punishing her retroactively.

And again ESPN wanted to fire her but Michael Smith threatened to walk out just as Batista is doing now.

Outside of the time frame when the statements that got both parties in trouble was said, it's step by step the same sequence of events.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up money because that had nothing to do with any of the points being discussed. Of course Feige is going to be what is financially beneficial to the MCU. I think that goes without saying.

These sequence of events make it even less similar to what happened with Gunn.

I keep saying that and the more you remind me the further the gap widens with this comparison.

Dude talked about keeping the same energy. That Hill had it one way but with Gunn its different. Cuz is it different. Its not the same no matter how much you leave out to make them appear the same.

That's why I continue to bring up money. Its not gonna be ignored.

And again a suspension is not the same thing as being fired. ESPN announced her suspension. Disney announced Gunn's firing.

Marvel isn't trying to keep Gunn around for the love of him. It literally would be bad for business to see him go to a competitor.

If we go by your view of it, Hill was going to be fired, Smith was like I'm out, she kept her job, got suspended for something else.

While Gunn actually got fired, everybody speaking up against it, Marvel Studios who isn't just going along with Disney even finding a way not to fire him. Still no conclusion yet.

Things look very different.

Don’t even introduce all of the X-men yet. Just throw in 3-4 main ones and leave it at that until an X-men movie releases

After the event everything went back to “normal” though, right? Aside from the other multiverse characters leaking into 616?
Based on what I'm reading, yeah.

Also,
In Spider-Men II, supposedly the Ultimate universe is still around.

Highly doubt he would ever do it but Daniel day Lewis would make a hellova professor x

screen-shot-2018-01-12-at-12-37-12-pm.png
I thought he retired from acting a couple years back?

Even if he didn't, I highly doubt he'd do a comic book movie lol

Back
Top Bottom