WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

5794B6E3-A542-484B-B288-D609334B686A.jpeg

A8EC28A6-3592-4564-A4C1-D9875BE4F5D4.jpeg

17918280-DD32-4012-889C-20105F22ED72.jpeg

414AA196-6B70-4585-A08B-884EE9B73D11.jpeg

^^^
That's what I'm implying though. Marvel is looking to introduce a superhero who's origin doesn't include any superpowers. Per the comics, dude appeared to just be going around Kung Fu fighting with a headband on? We mad if Marvel doesn't stay true to that? Haha, I honestly don't know much about his origin because I didn't know he existed until a year or two ago.
I highly doubt theyre changing that. Defeats the purpose of the character.

Shang-Chi is the ultimate martial artist. The greatest. All achieved through human means. So great that he can hold his own against those with abilities.

If they change that, its a different character. Might as well have done what ppl were complaining about and just make a Iron Fist movie where hes Asian.

I see we got like a Iron Man/GotG thing going on with Shang's origin. Nobody knows anything :lol: Its pretty simple. Its right out of the martial Arts movie craze and thr Kung Fu tv show. Shang was trained to become the greatest martial artist amd he became just that. Its revealed though that his father is a crimelord and was training him to be his assassin. This is after Shang already successfully kills for his father under the facade that his father was a good guy being targeted. Shang rebels against his father's crime empire and takes them down.

Shang also has an African adopted brother just as skilled but way more ruthless that later on plays a role in the schemes of Kang the Conqueror.
Hold up, he doesn’t have powers? He just does martial arts?
Yes.

But it leans heavily on the whole martial arts and chi thing. Some thinga Shang can do can be interpreted as superhuman.

What powers did you think he had?
If he didn't have powers in the comics I can see marvel studios giving him a little buff.
What is a little buff?
i believe there was a point where he could replicate himself but i forget the details but i think he doesn't really have superpowers and just channels his chi
Yeah. During Hickman's Avengers run when aliens from a different dimension sent alien spore bombs to earth from Mars and transformed the land and ppl.

Shang gained some watered down Multiple Man powers that he seemingly lost the ability to do since or doesnt use cuz dozens of him in a fight is wild unfair.

Highly doubt they're gonna include those powers in his origin unless Shang is about to be the firdt mutant/inhuman in the MCU or revealed to be half alien or also be an eternal.
Shang Chi dont even have powers? and they gave him a movie?? and let DareDevil and Luke Cage rot on Netflix??? that's just disrespectful, fam.
What powers did you think he had?

Ofcourse.

Shang-Chi about to be an easy billion dollar franchise. Could you say the same would haplen for Luke or DD? Tv guys saw opportunity and Feige was like sure you can have them. No priority on using DD in movies after getting the rights back.

Also those two didn't rot on netflix at all.

Last edited:
Tiny's interaction with the GotG in IW is gold lmao

'Mr Lord can you tell your folks to circle up please?'

Lmao what a square

Meh. He better have all the ufc belts.
:lol: @ ufc.

Shang is basically the myth of Bruce Lee on steroids.
the thing with EGs final battle was that EVERYONE was there, at the same time, in the same fight. IW there was two separate battle fields, which made sense and was practical given the plot and the amount of characters, but that Avengers Assemble scene in EG always gives me chills
Yeah I don't get how ppl can saw the final battle in IW was better than EG's final battle.

Thanos didnt even fight anybody in Wakanda. Treated them like flies to be swatted away or momentary annoyances. The real battle was on Titan against Tony's Avengers and the Guardians.

IW is the better movie because it's the climax. You can't have the better movie as the last. That doesn't say Endgame sucks, they're two monumental films with IW being the film to put everyone on the edge of their seats, while endgame is the one you stand and applause with tears. Hoping we get this in the future, but the two final chapters of the infinity saga will be hard to top, it's a bar set so high.

Endgame really robbed us of Banner hulking out and having a Thor entrance moment.

'Hulk! I know you like making your entrance at the last second. This is it, man. The last second!'

We never saw that payoff :sick:

Endgame really robbed us of Banner hulking out and having a Thor entrance moment.

'Hulk! I know you like making your entrance at the last second. This is it, man. The last second!'

We never saw that payoff :sick:
Thor “powering up” still my fav moment of EG

Back
Top Bottom