WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

My point is don't make a Sinister Six type movie if you aren't going to properly develop these iconic characters

Spider-Man has great villains and only like 4/7 movies have written them properly. Coincidentally, three of the villains being imported into NWH are from the three ****tier movies.
You can't make one movie and expect to do justice for each of the Sinister 6.

That's why they're doing this shortcut about villains coming from other universes.

Naturally they would've kept building up villains like they did when Vulture was introduced and hinted at others.

Instead they're banking on fans knowing a bit about the past 5 Spidey movies before this one.

Last edited:
My point is don't make a Sinister Six type movie if you aren't going to properly develop these iconic characters

Spider-Man has great villains and only like 4/7 movies have written them properly. Coincidentally, three of the villains being imported into NWH are from the three ****tier movies.

they might do it but on the SPUMC… best of luck

You can't make one movie an expect to do justice for each of the Sinister 6.

That's why they're doing this shortcut about villains coming from other universes.

Naturally they would've kept building up villains like they did when Vulture was introduced and hinted at others.

Instead they're banking on fans knowing a bit about the past 5 Spidey movies before this one.

Put it this way: we already see that Otto is going to play a major role in the plot, and there's no way they bring back Dafoe and have him be a side villain/CGI punching bag.

Actually I'm surprised they haven't angled the marketing more towards Norman as I've always seen him as the bigger threat/more iconic villain. He was in all three Raimi movies.

So that leaves Electro, CGI Sandman, and CGI Lizard. Who here liked SM3 and ASM 1/2 to the degree where we REALLY care to see them pop up here?

The Electro redesign at least tells me they acknowledge that ASM2 was booty. I don't need detailed flashbacks and backstories but I do want a little meat added to these characters... I want Marvel to treat them better than Sony did. Watts knocked Mysterio and Vulture out of the park and half of that treatment would satisfy me.

Put it this way: we already see that Otto is going to play a major role in the plot, and there's no way they bring back Dafoe and have him be a side villain/CGI punching bag.

Actually I'm surprised they haven't angled the marketing more towards Norman as I've always seen him as the bigger threat/more iconic villain. He was in all three Raimi movies.

So that leaves Electro, CGI Sandman, and CGI Lizard. Who here liked SM3 and ASM 1/2 to the degree where we REALLY care to see them pop up here?

The Electro redesign at least tells me they acknowledge that ASM2 was booty. I don't need detailed flashbacks and backstories but I do want a little meat added to these characters... I want Marvel to treat them better than Sony did. Watts knocked Mysterio and Vulture out of the park and half of that treatment would satisfy me.
Ock switches sides, GG probably rallies the rest so they're the main threat, hopefully there's a 6th bad guy to make this actually the Sinister 6.

When all they're doing as a group is beating the **** out of Spider-Man so they aren't forced to go back to their universes and die, that's enough.

This probably isn't the movie to look to Marvel giving these old villains better treatment. If anything we're lucky Marvel even bothered to backtrack on these old villains since they were focusing on the villains that didn't make it to a movie yet. They'll be better villains and that's about it.

More than the last movie, this seems specifically based off of Peter's life being crap, mind wiping the planet, Strange making Peter fix it, villains doing villainy things, some lesson is learned, more Spideys show up, and that's it.

Homecoming fleshed out Vulture real well. Far From Home at least had the one exposition scene where Mysterio explained why he was doing this and how how. This I kinda doubt we'll get that.

Yeah if y’all looked at all the recent leaks, this trailer confirms every single one of them…Not only that, but it shows some seriously major plot details…Like MAJOR plot details…Amazing that they put as much in there as they did…

You & Master Zik Master Zik mentioned that.
Can one of y'all post it in the spoilers thread or DM it to me? Thanks. :nerd:

PO

On one hand its a good way to do those characters cuz you don’t have to tell their origins again. But on the other hand these are just gonna be mindless sentinels so there’s no reason to do those characters again at all.

you might be setting yourself up for disppointment hoping they develop a tertiary/quaternary villain

he’s been bundled up with two cgi villains that didnt even ask the og actors back :lol:

Facts Jamie’s electro only redeeming factor is the upgrade to his look, other than that I’m fully convinced he’s gonna be just trash with 0 substance, the movie seems to be centered around Doc Ock and Gobbie as the main villains with Doc apparently helping them in the end, which sort of lines up with his character, he wasn’t killed in battle, he sacrificed himself after he regained control over the arms....so I’m not even sure why he comes into this universe hunting Peter again...

Is this movie leading directly into multiverse of madness? It seems like is gonna end similar to how Infinity War did....the more i think about it, the more it seems like this is part 1 and MOM is part 2 and once this movie releases, they’ll announce one of the three or all spideys to appear in MOM

THIS EDIT! Just hearing Andrews wise cracking voice alone is gonna be dope, my dude was a dope *** Spidey....man I cannot wait....not even sure how Matty fits in this chaos but it be dope if his involvement has to do with saving Aunt May

They simply can’t afford the time to flesh out sandman and lizard again, chances are the only reason they even in the film is because how easy it is to CGI them completely, they’ll give a little backstory to Electro but the bulk of the villain time will be focused on Norman and Otto for sure...I just can’t wait to see how they fit Tobey and Andrew in, I really hope they are pivotal to the plot and not just 2 Spider-Men that come in on the third act and will be forgettable, I want them to heavily interact with Holland’s spidey.

Holland on top of the world, but kid....why wouldn’t you want to play this role for as long as you can? I get actors hate to be typecast, but this is a dream role and outside of this role you haven’t been able to secure another actual good role..

Holland, however, is not signed up for any of that. No Way Home is, at the time of writing, the last film on his Spider-Man contract. As we’re talking, in early October, he says there are still a few shots to pick up, some additional dialogue to record, the small matter of a global press tour, and then… nothing. “It’s very strange,” Holland says. “The last six years of my life, I always had a job to go to.” After so long in the superhero business, Holland is readjusting to life without a mask on. “It’s kind of terrifying, but it’s also really exciting,” he says. You see, lately Holland has been thinking about dreams, and wondering if those he once had—the future he once saw for himself—are still his dreams after all.

Halfway through the making of No Way Home, Holland did something he almost never does: He refused. No Way Home, the climax of Holland’s Spider-Man trilogy, picks up immediately after 2019’s Far From Home, with Peter Parker being unmasked as Spider-Man and falsely accused of the murder of Mysterio. (Oddly, Parker and Zendaya’s MJ spend the opening scene being chased through New York by the press. “It’s art imitating life, except I can’t swing away in real life,” Holland says.) Unable to handle the fallout, Parker asks Doctor Strange to intervene, accidentally causing a cataclysm of multiverse-breaking proportions. Somehow—I haven’t seen the movie—that cataclysm prompts the return of familiar adversaries from Sony’s previous Spider-Man iterations, including Alfred Molina’s Doctor Octopus and, if rumors are to be believed, Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin and Jamie Foxx’s Electro. “When they first came up with a concept of what they wanted to try and do, it was the impossible concept,” Holland says. “But they pulled it off.”

Ever since news of those castings appeared, the internet has obsessed over whether or not Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are also returning. “No one believes me, but they’re not in the film,” Holland says. (If this is a lie, and it well might be, then don’t hate him. That’s work too. And really, isn’t it better not knowing?)

The production of No Way Home sounds like total chaos. As the first day of filming approached, several key actors hadn’t signed on yet. “Some people were trying to figure out whether they wanted to do it, and we needed all of them or none,” Holland says. The movie was reportedly going to be released after the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, but when that film was delayed by COVID, it was decided that No Way Home would go first, requiring changes to the plot. Even once filming was underway, the script was being rewritten on an almost daily basis. “You could ask the director, ‘What happens in act three?’ And his response would be, ‘I’m still trying to figure it out,’ ” Holland says.

Anyway, the day finally came to shoot the big finale, “the crescendo scene, like, is this really ****ing happening? It’s crazy.” Only, it wasn’t working. “I kept stopping and being like, ‘I’m so sorry, I just don’t believe what I’m saying.’ ” The director, Jon Watts, took him aside, and Holland told him: It wasn’t me. The scene was wrong. “We sat down, we went through it, and we came up with a new idea,” Holland says. “Then we pitched it to the writers, they rewrote it, and it works great.”

It’s a story about standing up for yourself, and about how Holland has grown. “As a kid, a lot of my confidence was really fake,” he says. “But, really, inside I was, ‘Oh, my God, I’m ****ing terrified.’ ” (Russo: “If he was faking his confidence, he is a hell of an actor.”) Because here’s the thing: That story about nerves being the same as excitement? It’s true. But if you don’t let your real feelings out, they tend to show up in other places, like in your dreams.

Holland doesn’t have to fake it anymore. Don’t get him wrong: He still wants you to like him. He just doesn’t want to have to give you everything to do it. “I actually learned this from Elizabeth Olsen,” he says. “She gave me an amazing piece of advice: ‘No’ is a full sentence. ‘No’ is enough.”

Holland has spent six years as Spider-Man. If he chooses to, he could easily do another 20. He is still two decades younger than Robert Downey Jr. was in Iron Man.

“I’ve talked to him about doing, like, 100 more,” Pascal tells me. “I’m never going to make Spider-Man movies without him. Are you kidding me?”

Holland, however, isn’t so sure. “Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what’s best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film. I have to take Peter Parker into account as well, because he is an important part of my life,” he says. But also: “If I’m playing Spider-Man after I’m 30, I’ve done something wrong.”

THIS EDIT! Just hearing Andrews wise cracking voice alone is gonna be dope, my dude was a dope *** Spidey....man I cannot wait....not even sure how Matty fits in this chaos but it be dope if his involvement has to do with saving Aunt May

Looks fake b

That scaffolding fight scene at the Statue of Liberty and the leaked footage of Andrew with scaffolding is all I need to confirm they are in it! However now it seems like they’ll be in it just for the final fight....

Eitherway that parallel Holland/Zendaya to Andrew/stone falling legit gave me goosebumps, to this day that scene was the only time I ****in sobbed watching during a comic book movie....can’t think of a sadder scene
There’s an entire spoiler thread and you dudes still can’t help yourselves

Is this movie leading directly into multiverse of madness? It seems like is gonna end similar to how Infinity War did....the more i think about it, the more it seems like this is part 1 and MOM is part 2 and once this movie releases, they’ll announce one of the three or all spideys to appear in MOM
I think Spidey’s arc will wrap up in this and Doctor Strange will looking into the multiverse more in his film as a result of this.

Back
Top Bottom