WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I was wowed plenty of times when I watched it twice in the theater.

Only things I didn't like were Ultron constantly being ******* on, the Hawkeye family stuff, and the ridiculously drawn out Hulk vs Iron Man fight

Everything else was fantastic.

My pops is an old school 80s Marvel Comics fan who criticizes movies all the time and he dug the movie completely. The only negative thing I heard him say this time was "the Vision looks mad stupid" :lol:

Last edited:
My pops is an old school 80s Marvel Comics fan who criticizes movies all the time and he dug the movie completely. The only negative thing I heard him say this time was "the Vision looks mad stupid" :lol:
it comes out next month on blu ray right???

My brother is also an old school Marvel collector, but he's like every Marvel movie that's come out just about... lol he comes from a time where Lou Ferrignos hulk was the best u could get in a show. hahaha..so he loved the hulk vs IM scene.

we're both big cap fanas too. I think every scene of cap (all movies) were amazing...

love how they also tied in from cap 1 and Cap 2. him playing the song that was the list from cap 1. and macket was sitting next to him in cap 2.

My grips with AoU were only a couple of things. Ultron wasn't bad enough. It's a recurring problem with the MCU and I do get they're the Avengers.. they're going to win. But Ultron's premise was so cool, he's connected to everything, he can upgrade himself, but at every turn he was getting beat and the final battle is his robo army. I just wanted the feeling of bigger stakes. Even though you know the good guys will win, it just didn't feel big  enough like Winter Soldier for example.. even though you knew Cap would still win, the climatic battle scene felt more dangerous and exciting.

And the Thor bath sequence totally took me out of the movie, I wasn't trying to overthink it as I watched but all I could think about was ... well Thor 3 might be interesting. I didn't want a set-up cutaway for another movie, it's the Avengers, this is the payoff from all the solo movies.

I think my expectations were a little too high cause it's still a good movie with great action, cool moments, and hits on themes and character beats we've been seeing develop for years.. but it wasn't as tight and polished as it should ahve been. 

I think now that Joss is not writing anymore Marvel movies, we won't have that problem of the bad guy being too humorous and well, not bad.

I like Joss's work a lot but I also agree Ultron should've just been menacing and left the humor work to the others.

Last edited:
Lol technically cap lost in both his movies.

But youre right. They shouldve been losing the whole movie.

The thor scene i heard was suppose to be much longer.

My expectations may have been wayyyy to high for ultron.. Between what I knew from the comics and cartoons and what could potentially be done with that

Yeah i'm not even a major fan of the character, but he's got some great storylines, and the film version let me down. Just never really felt like he was much of a threat. IDK, I still expect to see him again, because one of Ultron's big things is just that he never actually "dies".

I guess this is where I differ.

I don't like Ultron at all in the comics. Some of you may know for obvious reasons. The whole wave and interest with evil robots/A.I. in fiction faded for me quicker than most. Only a few out there really menacing to me or have any lasting power. So I came in to the movie open minded. They made Ultron decent at best. Not the worst but he wasn't even as ruthless as his comic version but I kept in mind he'll probably come back with Ultron 5-9 editions and be more threatening in phase 5 :lol: So that wasn't as much of a let down to me.

My grips with AoU were only a couple of things. Ultron wasn't bad enough. It's a recurring problem with the MCU and I do get they're the Avengers.. they're going to win. But Ultron's premise was so cool, he's connected to everything, he can upgrade himself, but at every turn he was getting beat and the final battle is his robo army. I just wanted the feeling of bigger stakes. Even though you know the good guys will win, it just didn't feel big enough like Winter Soldier for example.. even though you knew Cap would still win, the climatic battle scene felt more dangerous and exciting.

And the Thor bath sequence totally took me out of the movie, I wasn't trying to overthink it as I watched but all I could think about was ... well Thor 3 might be interesting. I didn't want a set-up cutaway for another movie, it's the Avengers, this is the payoff from all the solo movies.

I think my expectations were a little too high cause it's still a good movie with great action, cool moments, and hits on themes and character beats we've been seeing develop for years.. but it wasn't as tight and polished as it should ahve been. 

I feel exactly where you're coming from. Ultron could've been more menacing and some things felt forced like widow and hulk love story but this movie did a lot of things right. It gave you a reason why all these super humans would be forced to fight along side each other again, expanded the Marvel universe and the Avengers core roster by including classic Avengers like Vision and the gave you these heroes at full strength. From The Hulkbuster fight, to the ending fight scene with Ultron to Thor blowing up a piece of a country in the sky there is nothing in Avengers one visually comparing to ANY of those scenes. If anything the movie suffered from too high of an expectation. IMO it lived up to what it was suppose to be but I think what everyone was looking for was more of an aftermath effect in the film or an "oh ****!" moment like spiderman appearing or something....

Happening in my old University so I am there!

‘Apocalypse’ of comic book shows to descend on Cal State Northridge

AR-150829843.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

“Comic Book Apocalypse: The Graphic World of Jack Kirby,” opens Monday, Aug. 24, 2015, and ends Oct. 10 at the California State University Northridge Art Galleries.

A record 42,000 students expected to flood Cal State Northridge on Monday could face an end to the world.

That’s because the apocalyptic battle between superheroes and supervillains drawn up by comic book legend Jack Kirby will be featured in the largest exhibit of its kind in the nation — and the first at any university — to open Monday at CSUN Art Galleries.

“We call the show ‘Comic Book Apocalypse’ because when you’re dealing with Kirby, nothing less than the end of everything is at stake,” English professor Charles Hatfield, curator of the exhibit, said in a statement. He is “a neglected giant of American comics and popular culture.”

When it comes to comics, think Kirby. The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Thor, the Hulk, Captain America, Nick Fury, the Black Panther and the Marvel Universe were all conceived in part by the King of Comics.

And if they weren’t enough, he helped launch such famous Marvel characters as Iron Man, Spider-Man and the Daredevil.

More than 100 pieces of the late artist’s work will be displayed during the CSUN show that runs through Oct. 10, which includes a 200-page catalog.

“Comic Book Apocalypse” also tells the story of the professional cartoonist, born Jacob Kurtzberg to Austrian-Jewish immigrants on New York’s Lower East Side, who pioneered comics for more than half a century. Kirby, a Thousand Oaks resident, died in 1994.

His early work included comic books on crime, Westerns, superheroes and romance, a genre which he helped invent.

His later work includes the Marvel Universe he co-founded with comic book writer and editor Stan Lee, including the Black Panther, the first African-American superhero. He also created such influential comics as the “New Gods” and “Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth” for DC Comics.

“He was the greatest comic book artist of them all,” said Bob Strauss, a Los Angeles News Group entertainment critic who read Fantastic Four and other Marvel Comics during their heyday in the 1960s. “I always love looking at Jack Kirby art.”

Hatfield, founder of CSUN’s popular “Comics and Graphics Novels” course and the author of the award-winning “Hand of Fire: The Comics Art of Jack Kirby,” said the exhibition is long overdue.

For he said there’s growing academic interest in comics as art, and comics as literature and an influence on popular culture.

“We want to educate CSUN students and the larger community about how comics were actually made,” said Hatfield, founding president of the Comic Studies Society, the first academic association for comic scholars. “This will bring in students to study an understudied part of our culture.”

The Kirby exhibit will also launch Comics@CSUN, an initiative to boost campus interest in comics. Projects include film screenings, speakers and a comics conference planned for next spring featuring student research on comics from across 23 Cal State campuses.

“This is huge,” said art galleries spokeswoman Michelle Giacopuzzi. “This is really cool. I would say it’s a groundbreaking show.”

“Comic Book Apocalypse” at CSUN Art Galleries will include a public reception from 4-7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29; a gallery talk at 10 a.m. Aug. 31 and a panel discussion set for 1 p.m. Sept. 26. Gallery hours are Monday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m., and Thursdays from noon to 8 p.m. For information, go to www.csun.edu/artgalleries, www.facebook.com/CSUNArtGalleries, 818-677-2226.

EP-150829843.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Last edited:
AOU was huge and Fantastic. We should have been amazed but we're spoiled. Only complaint would be same sarcastic villain and expendable army. It's time for the avengers to be scared **** less.

I also fall in the camp that AoU was a good movie, but not perfect. I liked it better than the first one but I can see why most people liked the first one better.

The "lullaby" **** was so ******* corny and the thor trailer was garbage. The Hawkeye family stuff was okay but they couldve used screen time better than that.

I also wondered why they used ultron. As soon as he was announced I was saying how garbage his story arcs typically are. Maybe I like it because for an Ultron story it was actually good.

Last edited:
Now that Hi-Def versions of Avengers Age of Ultron has been released, fans have been scanning every frame of this movie, looking for easter eggs that allude to past and future Marvel projects. As secretive as Marvel is when it comes to future projects, it is a surprise that the file Bruce Banner found about Ulysses Klaw, would contain this much insight in the history between his character, & Wakanda, all in a split second shot. The transcript has the following details.

View media item 1684457

Affiliation: Former Member of the Intelligencia
Citizenship: Belgian
Place of Birth: Netherlands
Languages: English, Dutch

Ulysses Klaue was an a.ssassin hired to take down T'Chaka at the Bilderberg conference in the case that he refused to negotiate Wakanda's resources including Vibranium. But, Klaue was also there personally, as the Panther k!lled his great-grandfather in the 19th century while this one was trying to annex Wakanda. He was paid ten million dollars for the k!ll.

Back
Top Bottom