WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

So supposedly in the Ragnarok trailer, there's a tower with a bunch of faces and some are claiming it's Ares, Beta Ray Bill and Man-Thing? There's also claims that Fing Fang Foom and Bi-Beast are there somewhere as well.

The on on the left does look a bit like BRB.

yavutxV.jpg

The top left is definitely Beta Ray Bill, top right is Ares, and the bottom right is definitely Bi-Beast. I think the bottom left is Geirodur.

What reason do Peter and Tony have for being unmasked here lol

Why is this always a thing in the MCU lol you never see these dudes just randomly unmasking in the comics

It's so the character can convey emotion.

The rumor mill is cranking out that supposedly that they were former gladiator arena champions befor Hulk arrived. Appearances may happen...

Civil War >>>

Won't argue against it but I watch TWS more often then Civil War.

I don't necessarily watch Civil War for the airport scene or IM vs Scumbag Steve scene, I watch it for the T'Challa (and Tony, BW, Carter) vs Bucky scene and then T'Challa and Zemo's conversation at the end.

I watch TWS all the way through.

WS is not really a superhero movie.

It's a spy movie that happens to have a superhero as the main character.

Civil War is a superhero movie.

Both movies are great.

Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Civil War, The Dark Knight, Logan, etc. There are some films that I consider to be pretty much perfect at what they are and i'm not going to fault anyone for choosing any of them as their favorite.

WS is not really a superhero movie.

It's a spy movie that happens to have a superhero as the main character.

Civil War is a superhero movie.

Both movies are great.

I don't know. I don't think you can label TWS as not being a superhero movie but label Civil War as one. The only reason would be because there's more superheroes in it. There's no super villains in either film. Both movies are just about the same tone.

If anything they're both political dramas.

I've received good recommended readings before in here. Are there any runs or graphic novels of Thor that y'all could suggest?

I don't know. I don't think you can label TWS as not being a superhero movie but label Civil War as one. The only reason would be because there's more superheroes in it. There's no super villains in either film. Both movies are just about the same tone.

Political movies that happen to feature our favorite comic book super heroes haha

Good way to look at it.

I've received good recommended readings before in here. Are there any runs or graphic novels of Thor that y'all could suggest?

I'm still backlogged, so I'm still going through it, but check out the Walt Simonson run on Thor. It's probably the one I see most recommended. One of the defining runs. Introduces key characters like Beta Ray Bill and Malekith. It def starts great. Pretty stoked to read it all.

Amazon product ASIN 0785184600
I also really like Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder run. It's just bad***.

Amazon product ASIN 0785191135

I still enjoy watching TWS. I only watch Civil War for the specific scenes. IE: The big battle, Lang meeting Cap, Bucky & Falcon nodding in approval of Cap's kiss, Spidey.

Realized that the Peter's apartment used in Civil War looks different in Homecoming.

Idk man. You can substitute Cap with your generic super spy in WS and the movie can still work. Obviously stuff like Cap falling out of a building 50 floors down will have to be replaced by something else. But otherwise replace Cap with a spy of Jason Bourne ability, replace Shield with some other over reaching organization, and Hydra with a competing organization and boom you can keep almost everything else the same.

The top draw about civil war is literally superheroes fighting each other. You replace all those superheroes fighting each other in the airport with agents, ehh..... Not really the same thing man . Plus the whole premise of the movie is about whether or nt superheroes should be kept in check.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom