WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

It's going to be very interesting to see what marvel chooses to do with the character. Will they recast the role and find a new T'challa? Will they pass the mantle of Black panther on to another character like Shuri?

I've been thinking and I could see Jovan Adepo from Overland and Fences taking the role
Screenshot_20200902-125928_Google.jpg

Or Jon Majors from last black man in San Francisco (very underrated film), and Lovecraft Country

It's going to be very interesting to see what marvel chooses to do with the character. Will they recast the role and find a new T'challa? Will they pass the mantle of Black panther on to another character like Shuri?

I've been thinking and I could see Jovan Adepo from Overland and Fences taking the role

1. t'challa wasnt the first king of wakanda we saw on screen.

but i think the character of t'challa is done until they do a full scale reboot however long from now, marvel has the luxury of doing the right thing since it's not like with bruce wayne/batman it's more like green lantern.. plus people are (or at least should) be well aware that the black panther mantle passes on.. shuri has been BP in the comics and seems the most obvious choice

i mean i assumed they would have referenced her as BP during endgame.. since obviously we all thought tchalla was going be around for a while

According to an article on CBR Marvel had no idea that Chadwick Boseman was sick so there was no plan in place for this.

In regards to how they move forward for Black Panther 2 I think it is important for Black males young and old to have characters we can identify with. I think black males are looked at with a number of negative connotations before we have an opportunity to speak so to have a black male superhero is important. I think there is an innate fear among some people of black masculinity which is why i believe marvel and certain groups have tried to push Shuri as BP. Shuri is a great character onto herself and does not need the mantle of BP to make her great. Also there is a habit of aligning the brand so if the Shuri BP were to be a success where would that place T'Challa in the comics?

This whole situation is unfortunate at very least and Chadwick Boseman seemed from all accounts an amazing person from those who knew him and the ability to continue to work through all this is superheroic. We have lost a legend in the making. I would like for them to recast eventually as there are so many stories to tell with that character. That being said the iconic nature of Chadwick in the role I can understand if they didn't.

Can you all envision a scenario where they brink back Killmonger and try to set up a redemption arc? And possibly have him take over the mantle later down the line?
They could, they are based on comics after all. Just like Iron man though I don't think they should, the deaths we're meaningful, don't cheapen it.

1. t'challa wasnt the first king of wakanda we saw on screen.

but i think the character of t'challa is done until they do a full scale reboot however long from now, marvel has the luxury of doing the right thing since it's not like with bruce wayne/batman it's more like green lantern.. plus people are (or at least should) be well aware that the black panther mantle passes on.. shuri has been BP in the comics and seems the most obvious choice

i mean i assumed they would have referenced her as BP during endgame.. since obviously we all thought tchalla was going be around for a while
She was dusted. Royal family was in shambles. We don’t know if they even have the herb so as far as we know T’Challa is technically the last until they fix that problem.

i think michael b jordan respects chadwick to much for killmonger to come back and take over the mantle and if it aint michaal b then theres no point in bringing him back

She was dusted. Royal family was in shambles. We don’t know if they even have the herb so as far as we know T’Challa is technically the last until they fix that problem.

yea, we know

just saying, prior to us seeing the movie (endgame), some folks thought it might happen.. just how they do little nods to things.. we didnt know she got dusted until endgame or maybe they released that just before

but i think they had huge plans for t'challa with regard to replacing tony stark/ironman.. would have been very easy to tie his character into some of the new characters that will enter the MCU

i think michael b jordan respects chadwick to much for killmonger to come back and take over the mantle and if it aint michaal b then theres no point in bringing him back

i dont want them to recast t'challa

but i thought boobie miles would be a good 2nd choice (but he obviously was in first avenger)

1599071475089.png

There were discussions about Michael B Jordan coming back if I remember correctly Angela Bassett said as much before this occurred. It wouldn't be difficult narrative wise either as one of the properties of the heart shape herb is to provide a healing factor of sorts.

There were discussions about Michael B Jordan coming back if I remember correctly Angela Bassett said as much before this occurred. It wouldn't be difficult narrative wise either as one of the properties of the heart shape herb is to provide a healing factor of sorts.

I think Killmonger comes back in 3 for a full on scale onslaught to Wakanda if Chadwick was alive. Didn't he get brought back to life in the comics by his lover or mother when she found him floating by the river? I forgot. After she brought him back he had even more rage.

Someone break it down from the comics.

i just dont see it, as far as t'challa

i feel pretty good about saying the black panther will be back.. but i dont think marvel would even risk having someone compared to chadwick, with regard to t'challa

especially now that they have all those other characters back in the fold

if it was say the actor who played bruce wayne or clark kent, i would assume DC would recast or reboot or something.. but i dont think we see a new t'challa for a while.. think we sooner see a new tony stark and we all know that wont happen for a while

I think Killmonger comes back in 3 for a full on scale onslaught to Wakanda if Chadwick was alive. Didn't he get brought back to life in the comics by his lover or mother when she found him floating by the river? I forgot. After she brought him back he had even more rage.

just did a quick google.. and from wiki

Resurrection[edit]
Using his rings, the Mandarin was able to amplify the Resurrection Altar and restore Killmonger to life. Killmonger returned to his lover and ally, Madam Slay, and the two plotted to kill the Black Panther and return Wakanda to its ancient ways. While Tony Stark visited Wakanda, Madam Slay drugged Jim Rhodes and took him prisoner. Killmonger appeared to have killed the Black Panther, and blamed Rhodes and Stark, convincing the Wakandans that he could lead them to vengeance. The Black Panther returned, revealing that he had faked his death using a Life Model Decoy. The Black Panther defeated Killmonger. The Mandarin recalled his ring, and Killmonger reverted to an inanimate skeleton. Killmonger's followers resurrected him again and he would clash with T'Challa on several other occasions.[3]

i would've loved to see Killmonger come back if Chadwick was still alive. Maybe they could've said Namor found him(Since his body was buried in the ocean), and introduce Namor that way. but now, no thanks. It wouldn't make sense to bring him back. I'm honestly not sure if I want to see the role recast. Hopefully Marvel takes their time and really thinks this one through.

i would've loved to see Killmonger come back if Chadwick was still alive. Maybe they could've said Namor found him(Since his body was buried in the ocean), and introduce Namor that way. but now, no thanks. It wouldn't make sense to bring him back. I'm honestly not sure if I want to see the role recast. Hopefully Marvel takes their time and really thinks this one through.

i'm just glad marvel isnt desperate, plus having someone as talented as coogler involved is huge

obviously it wont be easy, but at least of any of the studios, they can afford to wait and do it right

Good points from you two. Its a no go for bringing him back and its unfortunate because people loved Killmonger too.

Marvel/Coogler are def gonna take their time with all this.

Killmonger has been resurrected more times than the Phoenix at this stage in the comics. A few of the times he's been resurrected have been mentioned above but most recently in the comics after being defeated by T'Challa an alternate reality version of killmonger was killed but managed to imprint his mind on a symbiote (which he was using as a suit at the time), this symbiote then travelled to "our" earth and bonded with the last dead body of regular killmonger and was resurrected this way.

There's a lot of ways they could do it if they desired although there is only so much an film audience will accept but bearing the circumstances they'll have more leeway than usual.

Killmonger has been resurrected more times than the Phoenix at this stage in the comics. A few of the times he's been resurrected have been mentioned above but most recently in the comics after being defeated by T'Challa an alternate reality version of killmonger was killed but managed to imprint his mind on a symbiote (which he was using as a suit at the time), this symbiote then travelled to "our" earth and bonded with the last dead body of regular killmonger and was resurrected this way.

There's a lot of ways they could do it if they desired although there is only so much an film audience will accept but bearing the circumstances they'll have more leeway than usual.

What will they think of next...

You must be new to comics. Characters die and come back all the time. It’s all fair play as long as you don’t use time travel, apparently....ironically.
Boy stop. No one stays dead in comics. I was talking about the way they did it that time. Using an imprint of his mind on a symbiote, travel to an alternate world and resurrecting his dead body. There are easier ways to bring back a dead person.

You must be new to comics. Characters die and come back all the time. It’s all fair play as long as you don’t use time travel, apparently....ironically.
I'm not sure about the rule about time travel you mentioned.

This is taken from Cable issue 4 that came out today. This is young Cable who travelled from the future (son of Cyclops and Phoenix) who has just murdered his older self in the present day. This is the latest of many occasions that this character has been killed but time travel has been used to "resurrect" him but has been used a number of times with others also.
RCO012_1599060603.jpg

I'm not sure about the rule about time travel you mentioned.

This is taken from Cable issue 4 that came out today. This is young Cable who travelled from the future (son of Cyclops and Phoenix) who has just murdered his older self in the present day. This is the latest of many occasions that this character has been killed but time travel has been used to "resurrect" him but has been used a number of times with others also.
RCO012_1599060603.jpg
From what I understand young Cable killed old Cable so they could stop using old Cable as a quick fix. You can’t even discuss time travel I’m Marvel without Cable popping up.

Back
Top Bottom