WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Damn b, if only they had waited to bring in MBJ.
For what?
Can you all envision a scenario where they brink back Killmonger and try to set up a redemption arc? And possibly have him take over the mantle later down the line?
Not really.

Also what would redemption look like for a guy like him? Wouldn't respect him the same if he didn't want to still liberate all black ppl and wage war on the colonizers and our oppressors.

I think a lot of yall simply don't realize its way too soon to be replacing the role of T'Challa.

This ain't Rhodey/War Machine.

I had floated MBJ potentially coming back to the universe as T'Challa in light of Chadwick's passing - basically as a fan service move, and because of the relationship off the screen between the two actors. MBJ is too good an actor to isolate him in a one-and-done role.
But thats the role he chose.

He knew exactly what he was getting in to and wanted.

If he didn't he would've just fell back until Marvel propped up another black hero for him to play (same position John Boyega in).
Shuri is a great character onto herself and does not need the mantle of BP to make her great. Also there is a habit of aligning the brand so if the Shuri BP were to be a success where would that place T'Challa in the comics?
Shuri doesnt need it to be great. Doesnt deny the fact she has been the Black Panther several times in T'Challa's absence or simultaneously with him.

This would change nothing with T'Challa. Until this current BP comic run by Ta-Nahesi Coates, Shuri was the Black Panther and Queen of Wakanda while T'Challa was the Black Panther and King of the Dead. Actually freed him up to join the Avengers full time.

Last edited:
I know a lot of folks don’t know the comics.. but I’m convinced a lot of people weren’t paying attention during civil war and black panther

but anyway

1599085753807.jpeg

I know a lot of folks don’t know the comics.. but I’m convinced a lot of people weren’t paying attention during civil war and black panther

but anyway

1599085753807.jpeg
The only issue here is reconciling Letitia Wright becoming that BP.

That was always my only issue cuz in the MCU they reimagined her as a genius way younger little sister.

Person to play that version of Shuri needs to be built like Okoye, one of the dora milaje.

I may be in the minority but I think they should re cast the role.

re-casting elevates another black actor.

killing him off or replacing him with Shuri literally just eliminates a job for a black actor.

he’s not being replaced with shuri

t’challa is his character

we saw multiple black panthers in the black panther film..

t’challa himself said: “The Black Panther has been a protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. Now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king.”

they can continue the black panther series without t’challa

he’s not being replaced with shuri

t’challa is his character

we saw multiple black panthers in the black panther film..

t’challa himself said: “The Black Panther has been a protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. Now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king.”

they can continue the black panther series without t’challa

I understand that, let me clarify. I'm not talking about the black panther title I'm talking about t'challa the character

There is no need to delete/kill of t'challa as a character imo that would be crazy. Still lots of great T'challa stories to be told. And give another black actor a.chance to shine.

Just recast the role.

Still a lot of great ironman and cap stories

and I think marvel had huge plans for dude and the character.. but I assume Marvel doesnt want to go anywhere near that now

and of the characters we saw, I could only see shuri.. or maybe if they pulled something okoye or nakia, but nakia was malice in the comics

just hard to see MCU shuri, since letitia is so damn thin.. love her in the role otherwise, when we all thought Chadwick would be around to lead the next decade or so of avengers and BP movies

I’m in favor of recasting as well.

Obviously i don’t know Chadwick Boseman, but based off all the stories of who he is and how he felt about this character, I’m sure he’d want the T’Challa storyline to continue

I understand that, let me clarify. I'm not talking about the black panther title I'm talking about t'challa the character

There is no need to delete/kill of t'challa as a character imo that would be crazy. Still lots of great T'challa stories to be told. And give another black actor a.chance to shine.

Just recast the role.
It'd be crazy to recast T'Challa now and think that would rock in BP2.

Would be doing a huge disservice to whoever you try to get to replace Chadwick.

Also not buying the actor somewhere loses out on a role by not recasting T'Challa. Like I said before plenty other black characters you can elevate.

Has any recast ever worked out in terms of maintaining or increasing popularity?
The Mountain from GOT :lol:

And I can’t think of any other character that had to continue a storyline after such an untimely passing of a actor who really epitomized the character. Obviously Heath Ledger comes to mind, as a character that passed, but he wasn’t a lead character (arguable to some I guess :lol:) of the franchise.

But in terms of your question, Batman has been recast plenty of times to both fan praise and hate.

It'd be crazy to recast T'Challa now and think that would rock in BP2.

Would be doing a huge disservice to whoever you try to get to replace Chadwick.

Also not buying the actor somewhere loses out on a role by not recasting T'Challa. Like I said before plenty other black characters you can elevate.

Yeah that doesn't make much sense to me. Doesn't make sense to to end a character as unique interesting as t'challa. I don't agree that marvel has tons of great black characters, they have more than DC but not so many that I'd delete t'challa when you don't have to.

I wanna see tchallas story continue, and I want to see another actor try.

Yeah that doesn't make much sense to me. Doesn't make sense to to end a character as unique interesting as t'challa. I don't agree that marvel has tons of great black characters, they have more than DC but not so many that I'd delete t'challa when you don't have to.

I’m in the same camp - when the news broke that Chadwick passed I didn’t want to think about recasting.

But the more interviews I read and watched, I almost feel like it’d be a disservice to Chadwick and what he helped build if you let the character not move forward.

But it would be a disservice to fans if they don’t cast him right and it will be difficult for any actor to try and live up to a fans expectation now. Just my two cents.

Edit: regardless of the direction Marvel goes, in Feige I trust :lol:

I don't think Batman counts as many times cuz you have to consider continuity. They rebooted Batman at least 3 times now.

I feel like the only recast was Kilmer to Clooney since Schumacher was directing that trilogy.

Its not quite the same.

As for other examples, most are never the lead character.

Yeah that doesn't make much sense to me. Doesn't make sense to to end a character as unique interesting as t'challa.

These are movies. Its not gonna end forever.

No need to worry. T'Challa is a fictional character whose story can be covered at a later time.

I don't agree that marvel has tons of great black characters
Never said this but I guess you can confuse elevating black characters in to prominent roles in the MCU for Marvel has tons of great black characters. Would be wrong though since it doesn't really address what I said.

Now if you're saying Marvel can't do that in the MCU with the Black characters they do have I'd disagree given their track record of elevating so many other lesser known characters that are super popular and meaningful today.

Don’t agree that it would be a disservice to Chad. Like someone mentioned. Dude built the character and to have to unfortunately write him off would be more of a disservice.

have someone else try and forward the legacy. Chad gave us his heart, only right to try and make the character grow.

but def see why people wouldn’twant Tchalla to be recasted.

It would be a disservice to whoever they chose to recast not to Chadwick.

That actor would be working from a deeper hole than any other. Plus now the studio has less than half a year to find somebody that would fit?

Who are y'all fooling.

Forgot - Hulk was one character that was recast that most would agree was praised.
Eh, cuz Marvel hasn't been allowed to make a solo Hulk movie.

That's the only way they got away with it. Hulk turned in to a background character that occasionally and inconsistently got subplot focus.

Eh, cuz Marvel hasn't been allowed to make a solo Hulk movie.

That's the only way they got away with it. Hulk turned in to a background character that occasionally and inconsistently got subplot focus.
I’m just trying to stick to the question if there was a recast that was praised :lol:

But agreed with everything you said about The Hulk character post Ed Norton

Back
Top Bottom