WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Sony is wild for those movies.

Why can’t they just milk the Sony/MCU collab or animated Spiderman films?

Those lame, cheesy movies harm the brand.

They have Miles. They have Peter. They could do Black Cat. Silk is an option too. They could also do Spiderman 2099. Spider girl, his daughter May. The Superior Spider-Man.

kind of crazy that Marvel Studios has one film in 2024 and Sony will have 3?

Went from flooding the block to a drought. After Loki’s season finale, 2024 would be the perfect timeframe for doubling down on the multiverse shenanigans and making it a household thing. Outside of DP3 tho, they’ve got nothing multiverse or Kang focused, which is gonna kill momentum.

I didn’t actually think it was possible for Feige & team to goof this bad but got’ damn. MCU need some milk!

Went from flooding the block to a drought. After Loki’s season finale, 2024 would be the perfect timeframe for doubling down on the multiverse shenanigans and making it a household thing. Outside of DP3 tho, they’ve got nothing multiverse or Kang focused, which is gonna kill momentum.

I didn’t actually think it was possible for Feige & team to goof this bad but got’ damn. MCU need some milk!
They had to because of the actors strike and couldn’t finish production on schedule. Not because Feige and co. goofed lol.

im guessing if the projects moves forward, IronHeart, America Chavez and Skaar would be added?

Wiccan and Speed maybe?

1699802743350.jpeg

Consider the strike going on, they couldn’t actually promote it
well it could have in some way but that was a writers guild strike doesn't necessarily paralyze everything. one thing I could say that Marvel didn't want to gamble/risk on it cause promotions alone are really expensive and can go as much as the whole movie production. not sure if it has to do with the poor reception of Ms. Marvel that made the producers 2nd guess the film or didn't believe it would have the same success as the first Captain Marvel or poor writing trend.

of course it makes sense

so many video game movies has generational chokehold on the audience that has done terribly, its actually a trend until Sonic and Mario broke that mold

but even then there are still misses, D&D has a whole lot of fans, decades worth and actually got a resurgence lately (especially during the pandemic) and the movie flopped badly and the reviews says its actually a good movie and that was also accurate to the games

and again, BO is getting back or else 5N@F wouldnt have made $80m (terrible reviewed and supposedly had no scares :lol: )

already pointed out Barbie, Oppenheimer, Mario, etc… GotG made $845m, Spidervere $700m, etc…

Avatar made $2.3b last year (a lot of that came from 2024 too), TopGun $1.45b, JW3 $1b, MoM $955m, Minions $940m, BP2 $860m (despite no chadwick), etc…

so you may be able to say smaller budget films may not make money because people dont want to see them, a lot of the blockbusters - if good and/or marketed well - make money

despite the strike lasting several months, 2023 box office is already at $7.7b total in november while 2022 ended at $7.3b and theres still a Hunger Games movie, Aquabro (which had a good chance of flopping), Wonka, Trolls2, Wish (pixar), Rebel Moon (Snyderstans gon actually show up?), etc…
with regards to D&D films, I watched both. the 1st one was a flop although with a small budget and seemingly short and unfinished film that lacked some crucial plot, it is bound to fail.

the 2nd film managed to break even eventhough it lacked the necessary promotions that could have helped the film. it is a very good movie that needed some well needed introduction for the general audience, considering the D&D fanbase are past that stage and aren't that many. I noticed this when I saw that a lot of people missed noticing some few easter eggs from the film where someone who is familiar with D&D would notice immediately and start clapping.

some films really need promotions.

They're saying it might struggle to even crack 100m domestically :sick:

Far cry from Wakanda Forever grossing 181M on opening weekend a year ago

This is extremely sad for an MCU film to be performing like this…

I see a lot of people running with the strikes angle too, which holds merit, just not as much as people are putting into it. Five Nights at Freddy’s did $80M domestic its opening weekend while also seeing a dual release on streaming at the same time, as well as dealing with the lack of publicity due to the strikes. That’s the worldwide numbers that The Marvel’s is doing this weekend…

At the same time I see various outlets running with the toxic male fan base bad mouthing this movie, which again, isn’t really holding as much water as the people lodging that complaint would have everyone believe…61% of the people watching this were male with 63% being over the age of 25…If the 25yo+ male fan base didn’t show up this weekend then who would’ve? Because it seems like literally everyone else just decided to pass on this…

I keep going back to how much it’s actually costing the studios to make these movies…There’s no way these things should be costing $250M to make…That’s just absurd…

Marvel has a serious issue right now and DP3 is going to be the litmus test to see where the franchise stands among the movie going audience…If that doesn’t set the box office on fire then the people behind the scenes of the MCU are going to have some very tough decisions to make…If they can pull back these budgets a bit and focus themselves on making sure they’re putting the best stories available to them on screen then they’ll get through this…If not we could be looking at another DCU situation where all the good will the audience had is completely gone…

They had to because of the actors strike and couldn’t finish production on schedule. Not because Feige and co. goofed lol.
They had the slate of tv shows and movies generally laid out before the strikes took place though.

They have 2 live-action shows coming out in 2024: Agatha and Echo, two spin-offs no one asked for. And they’re releasing all of Echo’s episodes same day, which tells you all you need to know about their confidence in its quality.

Hopefully X-Men ‘97 gives us some ties to the multiverse, maybe even featuring Kang or one of his variants as one of the villains they face.

Last edited:

I see a lot of people running with the strikes angle too, which holds merit, just not as much as people are putting into it. Five Nights at Freddy’s did $80M domestic its opening weekend while also seeing a dual release on streaming at the same time, as well as dealing with the lack of publicity due to the strikes. That’s the worldwide numbers that The Marvel’s is doing this weekend…

At the same time I see various outlets running with the toxic male fan base bad mouthing this movie, which again, isn’t really holding as much water as the people lodging that complaint would have everyone believe…61% of the people watching this were male with 63% being over the age of 25…If the 25yo+ male fan base didn’t show up this weekend then who would’ve? Because it seems like literally everyone else just decided to pass on this…

I keep going back to how much it’s actually costing the studios to make these movies…There’s no way these things should be costing $250M to make…That’s just absurd…

Marvel has a serious issue right now and DP3 is going to be the litmus test to see where the franchise stands among the movie going audience…If that doesn’t set the box office on fire then the people behind the scenes of the MCU are going to have some very tough decisions to make…If they can pull back these budgets a bit and focus themselves on making sure they’re putting the best stories available to them on screen then they’ll get through this…If not we could be looking at another DCU situation where all the good will the audience had is completely gone…
can you elaborate this? what you meant by toxic male fanbase?

People also love to say “well this movie wasn’t made for you anyways” yet “the people” they say this movie was made for ain’t show up either.

That’s kinda problematic, no?

can you elaborate this? what you meant by toxic male fanbase?

“Incel’s” who are upset because it’s a female led super hero film apparently…Twitter is flooded with complaints about the toxic males bad mouthing this movie…

Meanwhile it’s males over 25 who actually showed up to watch this weekend…

People also love to say “well this movie wasn’t made for you anyways” yet “the people” they say this movie was made for ain’t show up either.

That’s kinda problematic, no?

Exactly what I said a few pages back…If this wasn’t for me, then who was it for? Because the people who I’ve been told it wasn’t for were actually the ones who showed up to watch…

Last edited:
They had the slate of tv shows and movies generally laid out before the strikes took place though.

They have 2 live-action shows coming out in 2024: Agatha and Echo, two spin-offs no one asked for. And they’re releasing all of Echo’s episodes same day, which tells you all you need to know about their confidence in its quality.

Hopefully X-Men ‘97 gives us some ties to the multiverse, maybe even featuring Kang or one of his variants as one of the villains they face.
They took a step back with the shows to see what was needed and what they can trim off. As for the movies, the two that were scheduled to come out next year in DP3 and Cap Brave New World, weren’t even finished or hallways through principal photograph when the actors joined the strike. Let alone post production, or if they were to need to do reshoots. So again, this isn’t because they goofed.

its been a pretty good three day weekend as far as CB TVs shows and movies. Invincible byke. Loki season finale was fire. Ms. Marvel….she tight and saw Into the Spider-verse last night on Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom