WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I still need to watch The Flash. Herd Mentality can do a movie wrong.
Watched it on a flight and was entertained. Some of the humor early on was cringe but action, pacing, and story was fine.

Finally caught Across the Spiderverse and that was damn near perfect.

Considering catching The Marvels sometime this week but also fine with waiting for it to hit D+ like I did GotG 3. Reviews don’t influence me, only the fact I’m already paying a subscription and can watch these movies a few months after release.

i think the Loki formula works better than box office hits, just make sure you have good writers…tell the individual hero stories through series and have them come together for the big event on the big screen….I think we are past the point where is worth it to speculate for a big screen movie for years just so that it don’t deliver because is rushed and in the end is just another connective tissue to the bigger picture….hire good writers and really let these characters develop….this also means that we don’t need 6 weeks of some bull**** character like SheHulk….these type of characters can be delegated to Cameos ONLY.

i dont think its the bad box office that turned people away because i dont think the general public really looks at prediction numbers on opening weekend

there might be something to requiring to watch MsMarvel and WandaVision to see this particular film, a lot do not know who Ms Marvel or Monica is (general public wise)

and that is where they would have benefitted if the actors been able to do promotions and rounds, they can kind of get their characters out there and explain for those watching Good Day LA, ET, etc…

the bad reviews may have turned some people away but even the ticket presales numbers were low so people were already keeping away from the beginning so maybe a lot just hates Brie? there are some out there who loves Brie and her acting but they dont like her as CapM and the character is?

i really cant explain what happened but probably an accumulation of all the small things

Having low box office numbers dont mean its bad either.

I actually think it's much worse though, as a whole, because that means the general public/casuals have tuned out. The diehards will always show up, regardless.

So we'll have to re-hear about the whole "marvel fatigue" narrative again until Deadpool 3 shatters records and then we'll be at the "Marvel's Byke" point of this cycle:lol:

The Marvels was a fun watch.

Kamala is a star, she reminds me a lot of Spider-Man/Peter Parker in the way she interacts with the other characters.

i thought Bries performance was better this time around as well, the chemistry btwn her, Monica and Kamala was also great.

Kamala doing the Avengers Initiative callback and that end credit.. 🔥

sad we gonna have a little drought till DP3 but happy for some course correction.

Just had a thought after the Loki finale, if this Loki was an incursion to the TVA, shouldn’t Gamora be one too?

1699896928213.jpeg

I actually think it's much worse though, as a whole, because that means the general public/casuals have tuned out. The diehards will always show up, regardless.

So we'll have to re-hear about the whole "marvel fatigue" narrative again until Deadpool 3 shatters records and then we'll be at the "Marvel's Byke" point of this cycle:lol:
Speaking of DP3, Ryan Reynolds is a marketing genius. Look at the marketing and hype building already so far out vs what The Marvels had.

Speaking of DP3, Ryan Reynolds is a marketing genius. Look at the marketing and hype building already so far out vs what The Marvels had.

He definitely is a marketing machine but if those Taylor Swift rumors as Dazzler are true, all them Swifties all but guarantee it's breaking the No Way Home box office record. Guaranteed.

He definitely is a marketing machine but if those Taylor Swift rumors as Dazzler are true, all them Swifties all but guarantee it's breaking the No Way Home box office record. Guaranteed.

they should make a movie with the prince dude and harry styles

Back
Top Bottom