Welcome to the poorest district in America

whyhellothere

Banned
real first world problems, sad stuff
tired.gif

The most glaring thing I took out of that was that everyone was trying to find someone else to blame for the plights of the South Bronx.  If you don't like your circumstances, change them.  millions of people have immigrated to this country through much worse conditions to make a new life for themselves.  

To think I spent most of my life there and never really thought nothing of it until I got older. Probably because I was fortunate enough to live on one of the nicer blocks, but The Bronx, especially the South BX is behind the curve when it comes to development.

The district is home to some of the greatest talents in all fields/areas. It's also home to some of the wildest %$^& you can surround yourself around. This is what they mean when they say, "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere."

it aint got anything on a thrid world country though.

yea money and greed rules the world, but what the @@$# does "create jobs" even mean.

go do something about it. go do/learn something that there are jobs available.

what is this....pokemans

A WILD JOB APPEARS!!! lol.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Tony Goalie wrote:

Meanwhile...
x2_9f18efb.jpg

laugh.gif

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
truth, but aint !*%$ change in da bronx. moms used to live in the south bronx back in the day and she described it pretty much like i see it in the video...prolly worse tho since she was there in the 70s -80s.

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

Meanwhile...
x2_9f18efb.jpg

They got money for shoes and unplanned pregnancies

Just kidding but seriously, some people got their priorities mixed up

Originally Posted by crcballer55

The most glaring thing I took out of that was that everyone was trying to find someone else to blame for the plights of the South Bronx.  If you don't like your circumstances, change them.  millions of people have immigrated to this country through much worse conditions to make a new life for themselves.  
Very true. It ain't gonna be easy, but can be done with hard work.

Please excuses excuses the South BX been like that for years actually I feel it was worse in the 90s. These people rather complain instead of change so they gonna stay in these situations.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Very true. It ain't gonna be easy, but can be done with hard work.
Word to old girl who said she didn't know who to blame. She could just as easily be spending her time working locally to help clergymen...but nah... smh.

Yeah I feel like everybody has the ability to seek information about improving yourself....If you are broke and homeless there are no excuses for you not to find or look for jobs....you have your local library which is free, you have alot of information on the internet about how to improve the area you live in...Its no excuse. Americans living in poverty compare nothing to 3rd world countries who have absolutely no access to any information. WE have the power to do anything we just choose not to and become lazy and blame it on the government. Your a Citizen in this country improve YOURSELF.

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Yeah I feel like everybody has the ability to seek information about improving yourself....If you are broke and homeless there are no excuses for you not to find or look for jobs....you have your local library which is free, you have alot of information on the internet about how to improve the area you live in...Its no excuse. Americans living in poverty compare nothing to 3rd world countries who have absolutely no access to any information. WE have the power to do anything we just choose not to and become lazy and blame it on the government. Your a Citizen in this country improve YOURSELF.

You must have forgotten where you were posting, this is NT.  EVERYTHING is the government/someone else's fault.
*in before massive government lecture*

Media got you dudes by the balls. What statistics do they have to prove their claims as facts?
These "reporters" come to the Bronx and find the dirtiest streets they can, shoot film of closed shops probably on a Sunday at 9AM before theyre supposed to open and just paint whatever picture they want. You guys eat it all up like any one of us BX residents are asking you guys for help...talkin bout "excuses excuses..."
Im not sure if Im more offended by this irresponsible reporting or by how quickly you dudes felt the need to act like a Bronx resident asked you for help.

Back
Top Bottom