Welcome to World War III (!$$+ just got real) *EDIT: 4 dead, more injured

@Jay
 Lt. Col. Wade Tolliver, the squadron commander of the 27th FS from Langley AFB commented on the upkeep and reliability of the Raptor's RAM during simulated combat conditions, stating "the stealth coatings are not as fragile as they were in earlier stealth aircraft. It isn't damaged by a rain storm and it can stand the wear and tear of combat without degradation."

(and to think we paid 65 billion for the f22 program
sick.gif
 for a plane that only now can withstand rain
eyes.gif

but,

In two weeks of exercises, the Raptor-led Blue Force amassed 241 kills against two losses in air-to-air combat, and neither Blue Force loss was an F-22.

This was followed from 13 April to 19 April 2008 by an Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI) of the integrated wing in which it received an "excellent" rating in all categories while scoring a simulated kill-ratio of 221-0.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I can't believe many of you are even trying to compare North Korea's military to that of the United States. North Korea doesn't even have the largest military by PERSONEL, regardless, the size of the United States military including equipment, base locations, and personel dwarfs North Korea's military power. The United States has been stymied by both Afghanistan and Iraq because those are asymmetric wars and are not conventional wars. Aircraft carriers and stealth bombers are not very effective against insurgents hiding out in buildings and laying IEDs. Below is a comparison of the US and North Korea on a few stats.
Examples:

# of Foreign Military Bases

United States: 700+ different bases in 130 countries

North Korea: 0

# of Aircraft Carriers (there are a total of 21 active aircraft carriers in the world, the US has 11 of them)

United States: 11

# of Tanks

United States: 13,000

North Korea: 3,500

Size of Defense Budget:

United States: 600+ billion/4.3% of GDP

North Korea (estimate since no one actually knows): 5 billion (from GlobalSecurity.com) and %25 of GDP
sick.gif

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]American declinism is a popular viewpoint that has emerged several times throughout American history however the fact of the matter is that the United States is far and away the most powerful country in the world bar none. I admit the debt of the United States is problematic however countries who we owe money (China) couldn't really do anything if we decided to not pay them back. I am not saying there wouldn't be catastrophic geopolitical consequences for a defaulting United States however it would not culminate in a Chinese invasion of the United States. China (or any combination of alliances in the world) can't face the United States military.[/font]

pimp.gif
oh, and f-22s...
pimp.gif

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
21mdhqo.jpg
[/font]

[/font]
As dope as F22s are to look at, they are the most expensive and useless military aircraft every produced.  I'll take an F15 or F16 or F/A-18 anyday. 

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I can't believe many of you are even trying to compare North Korea's military to that of the United States. North Korea doesn't even have the largest military by PERSONEL, regardless, the size of the United States military including equipment, base locations, and personel dwarfs North Korea's military power. The United States has been stymied by both Afghanistan and Iraq because those are asymmetric wars and are not conventional wars. Aircraft carriers and stealth bombers are not very effective against insurgents hiding out in buildings and laying IEDs. Below is a comparison of the US and North Korea on a few stats.
Examples:

# of Foreign Military Bases

United States: 700+ different bases in 130 countries

# of Aircraft Carriers (there are a total of 21 active aircraft carriers in the world, the US has 11 of them)

United States: 11

# of Tanks

United States: 13,000

North Korea: 3,500

Size of Defense Budget:

United States: 600+ billion/4.3% of GDP

North Korea (estimate since no one actually knows): 5 billion (from GlobalSecurity.com) and %25 of GDP
sick.gif

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]American declinism is a popular viewpoint that has emerged several times throughout American history however the fact of the matter is that the United States is far and away the most powerful country in the world bar none. I admit the debt of the United States is problematic however countries who we owe money (China) couldn't really do anything if we decided to not pay them back. I am not saying there wouldn't be catastrophic geopolitical consequences for a defaulting United States however it would not culminate in a Chinese invasion of the United States. China (or any combination of alliances in the world) can't face the United States military.[/font]

pimp.gif
oh, and f-22s...
pimp.gif

21mdhqo.jpg
[/font]

[/font]
As dope as F22s are to look at, they are the most expensive and useless military aircraft every produced.  I'll take an F15 or F16 or F/A-18 anyday. 

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

Glad im sharpening my combat skills on Black Ops.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
for you, JustTheTip. But crap, this is serious. I hope that this doesn't involve the entire world...the US is already going through enough

Originally Posted by JustTheTip

Glad im sharpening my combat skills on Black Ops.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
for you, JustTheTip. But crap, this is serious. I hope that this doesn't involve the entire world...the US is already going through enough

hell with the economy going the way it is, perhaps we need another ww to get things back on track. all i know is i dont wanna go to the otherside of the world and kill people unless im getting paid somehow.

hell with the economy going the way it is, perhaps we need another ww to get things back on track. all i know is i dont wanna go to the otherside of the world and kill people unless im getting paid somehow.

when you look at sheer economics, you would laugh at anyone who thought NK could deal with us ... the only chance they have is small scale catastrophe on par with 9/11 ...

when you look at sheer economics, you would laugh at anyone who thought NK could deal with us ... the only chance they have is small scale catastrophe on par with 9/11 ...

My heart goes out to the citizens of NK that will lose their lives in the event of war. And as far as the NK military goes, I'm wondering how many of them actually want to fight, and how many of them have no choice but to fight. However, something needs to be done.

My heart goes out to the citizens of NK that will lose their lives in the event of war. And as far as the NK military goes, I'm wondering how many of them actually want to fight, and how many of them have no choice but to fight. However, something needs to be done.

roll.gif
Why people in here acting like north Korea is that dangerous, yeah they got nuclear capabilities but their poor. They were eating tree bark at one point.

They do this all the time, shoot down south Korean ships and shoot missiles over japan just to have people shun them and get money.

roll.gif
Why people in here acting like north Korea is that dangerous, yeah they got nuclear capabilities but their poor. They were eating tree bark at one point.

They do this all the time, shoot down south Korean ships and shoot missiles over japan just to have people shun them and get money.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

North Korea keeps doing what they do because China backs them. China regulates the world. The US is indebted to China. People don't realize what is going on in the world today...

Even though there will be a media blitz, and some other BS happening, I don't see the US getting heavily involved because they don't want it with China...

this makes the most sense  

North Korea keeps doing what they do because China backs them. China regulates the world. The US is indebted to China. People don't realize what is going on in the world today...

Even though there will be a media blitz, and some other BS happening, I don't see the US getting heavily involved because they don't want it with China...

It's sad when the best PR move your country can think to do is provoke a neighboring country into limiting aid even further so you can claim the world is starving your people to allies like China who would presumably try to make up for it. 

It's sad when the best PR move your country can think to do is provoke a neighboring country into limiting aid even further so you can claim the world is starving your people to allies like China who would presumably try to make up for it. 

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

cosign
also china has Russia and they are building their own little club with nations like Iran some countries from the dark continent (Nigeria)and some countries from the mid east

remember how the states didn't want Iran developing nuclear energy/capabilities but china and Russia stepped in and the us had no choice but to step out becuase they said they were developing that huge railway
Same thing happened with Korea developing nuclear energy/capabilities
Remember all that money that china has poured into Africa specifically countries with a lot natural resources ,essentially china owns africa and their resources

To all people saying U.S. has a huge military and all this ,well china controls many of the resources required to build the weapons you guys would need in war
so you guys don't want it with china and their buddies

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

cosign
also china has Russia and they are building their own little club with nations like Iran some countries from the dark continent (Nigeria)and some countries from the mid east

remember how the states didn't want Iran developing nuclear energy/capabilities but china and Russia stepped in and the us had no choice but to step out becuase they said they were developing that huge railway
Same thing happened with Korea developing nuclear energy/capabilities
Remember all that money that china has poured into Africa specifically countries with a lot natural resources ,essentially china owns africa and their resources

To all people saying U.S. has a huge military and all this ,well china controls many of the resources required to build the weapons you guys would need in war
so you guys don't want it with china and their buddies

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

hell with the economy going the way it is, perhaps we need another ww to get things back on track
This is realtalk, sadly
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

hell with the economy going the way it is, perhaps we need another ww to get things back on track
This is realtalk, sadly
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom