Well now that gay marriage is legal in NY...

What do you think about polygamy being legal?
the argument brought up to me was that they're both certain lifestyles that people live and with gay marriage being legal its sort of an "ice breaker" ,for lack of a better word, why not legalize polygamy.

thoughts?

What do you think about polygamy being legal?
the argument brought up to me was that they're both certain lifestyles that people live and with gay marriage being legal its sort of an "ice breaker" ,for lack of a better word, why not legalize polygamy.

thoughts?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

It should be legalized.
consenting adults 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and I think it would put a dent in the sex trade.

i guess this is why conservatives were against gay marriage...opens the flood gates for deviation from the norm  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Much more complicated matter. How are you going to manage polygamous tax breaks? Are there going to be more benefits for one who has more than one spouse? What about property transfers upon death? Medical decisions? Health insurance benefits? Social security benefits? The list goes on.

Gay marriage and polygamy are not comparable because polygamy deals with more than two people. It's a different argument altogether.

im not a radical conservative or anything but that allows people who are allow radical conservatives to say
"where do we draw the line? do we allow bestiality? incest?" where does the lifestyle argument reach its peak? it could be applied in almost any situation where someone has a sick fetish for a certain thing.
just saying. but in this case i dont see what harm it would cause.

im not a radical conservative or anything but that allows people who are allow radical conservatives to say
"where do we draw the line? do we allow bestiality? incest?" where does the lifestyle argument reach its peak? it could be applied in almost any situation where someone has a sick fetish for a certain thing.
just saying. but in this case i dont see what harm it would cause.

Much more complicated matter. How are you going to manage polygamous tax breaks? Are there going to be more benefits for one who has more than one spouse? What about property transfers upon death? Medical decisions? Health insurance benefits? Social security benefits? The list goes on.

Gay marriage and polygamy are not comparable because polygamy deals with more than two people. It's a different argument altogether.

i guess this is why conservatives were against gay marriage...opens the flood gates for deviation from the norm  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

You know that there are dozens of Nations that recognize polygamous marriages, right?

Its not that hard to work out.

And Males in America make significantly more than Females, so homosexual marriage has it own tax implications as well.

Funny how the media can skew perception of topics.

Polygamy and Gay Marriage aren't comparable but "the Black Struggle" and Gay Marriage are
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

You know that there are dozens of Nations that recognize polygamous marriages, right?

Its not that hard to work out.

And Males in America make significantly more than Females, so homosexual marriage has it own tax implications as well.

Funny how the media can skew perception of topics.

Polygamy and Gay Marriage aren't comparable but "the Black Struggle" and Gay Marriage are
roll.gif

Originally Posted by biff lawson

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why are we "discriminating" against people that want to practice polygamy?

Originally Posted by biff lawson

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why are we "discriminating" against people that want to practice polygamy?

Back
Top Bottom