Well, we now know why Obama didn't want you to read his Columbia Univ. Thesis

Time Magazine's Joe Klein has seen the first 10 pages of Obama's thesis (titled Aristocracy Reborn), and some excerpts have been making their wayaround. Here's one:

"… the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy."

Gee, I wonder why the Obama camp didn't allow anyone to see this BEFORE the election. So here we have again, Obama, in his own words,advocating the redistribution of weatlh. The President of the United States thinks that the constitution he's sworn to uphold is hypocritical. Apparantly, nobody informed him that economic freedom and distribution of wealth are the exact opposites of each other, and can not exist in the sameconstitution. Apparantly, our "so called" founding fathers already knew that...which is why wealth redistribution is NOT in our constitution.

For more info, just google Joe Klein and Aristocracy Reborn. Apparantly, Mr. Klein has had these documents for at least a year, and didn't think thepublic needed to see them prior to the election...Just more evidence that the media is out to protect Obama at every turn.

i bet the views you held in college are the same ones you hold now...
grin.gif

Mr. Obama has obviously never read anything authored by Milton Friedman...

Obama hates the Constitution, he hates it because he wasnt there to vote on it. He thinks Constitution = Social Injustice. He also hates it because theConstitution tells the government what they CANT do, instead of what they CAN do/for you.

bet the views you held in college are the same ones you hold now...

I bet you never read the 2 books written by our president either.

Originally Posted by WarMachine

it's like what 30 years old?
laugh.gif
I swear the Obama hate is just comedy now
Yea, because the President's political views, and opinion about the constituion shouldn't be discussed.

Originally Posted by J Burner

laugh.gif
Yea, because the presidents political views, and opinion about the constituion shouldn't be discussed.

He's not saying the Pres' current view, he's debating the legitimacy of something so outdated.

laugh.gif
Yea, because the presidents political views, and opinion about the constituion shouldn't be discussed.

pretty irrelevant as a young adult though i'm also supposed to ignore all your past anti-obama posts right?
laugh.gif

Why can't he be critical of it? Do you truely have to believe in something to do your job?

I think 90% of the free world would question that logic.

The redistribution of wealth is the opposite of what's happening.

It appears to be more of a consolidation of wealth.

Eh, something like that needs to be entirely read, not just an excerpt, at least IMO.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

laugh.gif

He's not saying the Pres' current view, he's debating the legitimacy of something so outdated.
So, because he didn't say these things yesterday, its not legitimate?

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Why can't he be critical of it? Do you truely have to believe in something to do your job?

Are you seriously that ignorant? Yes, when your job is being President of the United States, you truely have to believe in the Constitution ofthe United States.

laugh.gif

what things were you saying 30 years ago? you probably weren't even born yet, but you think you're qualified to speak on the timeliness and relevanceof things that are that far in the past?

fall back dude. all you radicals claimed Obama was going to take over the presidency and turn us into a communist, muslim nation... so far, it's a prettystandard democratic presidency like any other. you guys are all just nutjobs trying to find anything at this point to grasp on to that will justify yourextreme hatred and paranoia.

laugh.gif

He must agree with everything in the constitution in order to effectively run this country?

You agree with everything your parents tell you?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif

what things were you saying 30 years ago? you probably weren't even born yet, but you think you're qualified to speak on the timeliness and relevance of things that are that far in the past?

fall back dude. all you radicals claimed Obama was going to take over the presidency and turn us into a communist, muslim nation... so far, it's a pretty standard democratic presidency like any other. you guys are all just nutjobs trying to find anything at this point to grasp on to that will justify your extreme hatred and paranoia.

Really, then why did Obama's camp feel the need to suppress the paper? People have been wanting to read it long before the election, if its not relevant,why would they hide it? So...fall back yourself, ya'll sound like fools trying to explain how we should just ignore what he said, because you don'tthink it sheds the best light on him.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

When you are the President, why yes, yes you do

Originally Posted by Diego

laugh.gif

He must agree with everything in the constitution in order to effectively run this country?

indifferent.gif
Are you people serious? No wonder this country is so screwed. I have people here telling me the President of the United States doesn't have to believe in the constitution. Wow.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

i bet the views you held in college are the same ones you hold now...
grin.gif
Seriously, I wrote a thesis in college and I wouldn't want anyone to see it now - because it's embarrassing how little I knew about thesubject. When you're 21 you think you know everything. With the benefit of a decade of hindsight it's amazing how differently you see things.

Originally Posted by Diego

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Are you people serious? No wonder this country is so screwed. I have people here telling me the President of the United States doesn't have to believe in the constitution. Wow.
No son. He's telling you the President doesn't have to believe in everything in the constitution. Hell I wouldn't shake the hand of a man who did.
grin.gif

ya'll sound like fools

The irony...it's truly unbearable.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom