Welp , backup the brinks truck for Young Money again Vol. Nicki Minaj to become judge on american id

idol's been the number 1 non sports show in america for 10 years straight and

it pimped JLO back in the spotlight and back into a successful comeback

so i fully expect the same for Nicki , she gonna get that Today show/ good morning america

crowd.....BIRDMAN is eating STEAK NO MO' SOUP

8 mill to sit down on the highest rated show on tv for 5 months ........this broad use

to be on come up dvd spitting struggle punchlines 4 years ago
[h1]Nicki Minaj Will Likely Be An 'American Idol' Judge[/h1]
large.jpg

RICHARD LAWSONAUG 24, 2012

Rapper/singer/lipstick wearer Nicki Minaj is about to close an $8 million deal to join the judges panel on the next season of American Idol, which so far only includes Mariah Carey. That's a fairly big get for the network! And, hm, maybe not the wisest move for Minaj? She's on the way up, isn't she? Not the way down. An American Idol  judging gig is for people on the way down, people who still haven't quite resigned themselves into settling into just a regular old rich life without all the constant fame but aren't really known anymore for doing what they used to do. That doesn't really describe Minaj, does it. But, what can you do. Eight million dollars is eight million dollars, after all. There's also word that country singer Keith Urban will be joining the panel, beating out fellow countryman Brad Paisley, which ought to go a long way in sewing up the coveted and crucial Nicole Kidman vote. So that could be your panel, America. Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, and maybe Randy Jackson. I can't believe I'm saying this, but they kind of need Randy Jackson, don't they? Doesn't there at least need to be one experienced judge on the panel? Otherwise it would just be chaos! Sure Ryan could try to wrangle them a bit, but he's all the way up there on the stage. What can he really do? No, I think they need Randy. You hear that, dawg? For me, for you, I think they should keep you on board. [The Hollywood Reporter]

he gonna spurnt a cool 2.1 mill on da skinny n cop a bugatti so he can shine every summer

between wayne/drake/nicki/tyga they've done close to 20 mill record sales + like 4 different 40 mill+   tours

these last 4 years

if only the quality of the music was better  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Hold up... Birdman even gets a cut of this?

How is that possible it doesn't have to do with her selling records or her tour money.

If you sign a deal with a record company does that mean that they get a cut of your promotion or sponsorship money.

I'm pretty sure Hanes isn't hitting Nike off with money since Hanes has a deal with MJ even though Nike owns him or signed him or whatever.

If this is true and your label gets a cut of that :smh: why would anyone sign a deal with a major record label?

I've never heard of even Puff screwing his artists over as bad as this.

She needs to go pop all the way and abandon her ratchet side. From here on out it's only going to cause problems for her.

There will never be another rappers label that will dominate like YMhas
I don't consider her to be a rapper considering how she's been marketed as of late. Don't get it twisted with the BET appearances, she's a pop artist.

Anyway, interesting to see the reaction from people across the Internet regarding this news. Many believe that she shouldn't be anywhere near the show much less next to Mariah Carey due to the fact that she can't sing and virtually has no talent.

Lupe lost.
cause of the vid he put out?

Yeah kinda. I'm just saying his point was you have females out there promoting themselves as "Bad B*****s" with millions of little girls following her and instead of taking it as a cue to break the mold and inspire, they're going to reward this ignorance by paying her millions, and bring it mainstream. Just further perpetuating the cycle.

But in America if it makes money there is no reason to stop doing it, regardless of the repercussions.

So how exactly does Lupe lose though? Seems to me like the L would be taken by the young kids looking up to those types of images/trends to get washed later on.

Lupe lost.
cause of the vid he put out?

Yeah kinda. I'm just saying his point was you have females out there promoting themselves as "Bad B*****s" with millions of little girls following her and instead of taking it as a cue to break the mold and inspire, they're going to reward this ignorance by paying her millions, and bring it mainstream. Just further perpetuating the cycle.

But in America if it makes money there is no reason to stop doing it, regardless of the repercussions.

So how exactly does Lupe lose though? Seems to me like the L would be taken by the young kids looking up to those types of images/trends to get washed later on.

Exactly, if anything this just reinforces that Lupe was right. Just cuz the queen ratchet is still getting paid doesn't negate the truthfulness of the message

Hold up... Birdman even gets a cut of this?
How is that possible it doesn't have to do with her selling records or her tour money.
If you sign a deal with a record company does that mean that they get a cut of your promotion or sponsorship money.
I'm pretty sure Hanes isn't hitting Nike off with money since Hanes has a deal with MJ even though Nike owns him or signed him or whatever.
If this is true and your label gets a cut of that :smh: why would anyone sign a deal with a major record label?
I've never heard of even Puff screwing his artists over as bad as this.

:lol: nah man there's like no way possible Baby's touching her American Idol bread. people always just go back to how much money he's getting from Wayne/Drake/Nicki when they do something big, but i see no way possible that he sees any money from this.

How are you going to have some ratchet fake piece of garbage evaluating talent? Like she knows what a good singer is? Only sort of vocals she's familiar with are her ghostwritten tracks that get ran through 100 vocal filters, there isn't a real bone in her body.

Simon's hater side was a gimmick, but at least he knew talent. And Randy had industry experience too. This will mark the end of American Idol.

How are you going to have some ratchet fake piece of garbage evaluating talent? Like she knows what a good singer is? Only sort of vocals she's familiar with are her ghostwritten tracks that get ran through 100 vocal filters, there isn't a real bone in her body.

Simon's hater side was a gimmick, but at least he knew talent. And Randy had industry experience too. This will mark the end of American Idol.
lol

dat sodium level doe

You sound upset. This must really mean a lot to you.

Exactly, if anything this just reinforces that Lupe was right. Just cuz the queen ratchet is still getting paid doesn't negate the truthfulness of the message

You're both right. I should have phrased it differently. But I really had my hopes up that someone(an exec or something) was going to take note and try to make a change. Instead they just put her on a bigger stage.

The thing about the whole situation is that it is a literal fulfillment of the ***** Bad video (with regards to the actress wearing blackface). Is American Idol really putting Nicki on the show because of her vocals? No, its because she's a gimmick and they are a sinking ship. Therefore, little kids watching American Idol are going to watch Nicki and buy into her image as what a successful black singer looks like. Its pretty sad.

"Bad B**** was just another 3 and 1/2 minute song degrading women and how they 'should' act. He didn't go after the male for his perception of women only through their appearance and dress and not her character. But a "lady" is supposed to dress a certain way. And why didn't he address why there wasn't a man in the household teaching him what a woman or 'bad *****' is about? It was extremely patriarchal and crazy how so many people are praising it. I mean yeah the "H0e shake your a**" songs aren't better but at least when listening we are aware we are listening to stereotypes and not blindly following terrible mindsets.

/rant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom