Went to Stockton CA this weekend

Stockton
sick.gif

Never. Idk how my friend goes down there all the time to visit his gf, %@@% is cray yo.

Anyways, Hayward is whatever, but Oakland and SF are pretty dope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I would rather live in Oakland, CA than anywhere else in California.

you cant be serious ? 
laugh.gif

how oakland is not higher in terms of worlds most dangerous city is beyond me
laugh.gif
its strictly warriors games for me and thats it

Of course it's beyond you, your scope is limited to a couple of Warrior games.
laugh.gif

From a resident perspective Oakland has EVERYTHING going for it except for crime and sadly a failing public schooling system (the former is incredibly isolated both geographically and demographically and the public schooling is too to a lesser extent). The city is one big abundance of culture, there's almost as much culture here as there is in San Francisco, a city twice the size. The location is prime (centrally located in the middle of the Bay Area, it takes me 12 minutes to get to downtown San Francisco at night, 35 miles from San Jose, 40 miles from Napa, 75 miles from Sac, etc ). The food is some of the best in the country, the weather is what many people would consider perfect (I was spoiled by living in southern California for a period, personally I'd take the sunshine down there in a heartbeat). The best perk, the atmosphere and people, I can't even really describe with words so I won't try. Another thing is Oakland isn't a great place to visit, it's a great place to live everyday life but you can't come here expecting the perks and attractions of a big city because its not one.

So yes when my paper is right and I'm looking to start a family I'd rather live in Rockridge, Trestle Glenn, Redwood Heights, the Oakland Hills, Hiller Highlands, Montclair or one of other countless other middle class neighborhoods than anywhere else in California.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

The lake, college street, and downtown Oakland is definitely nice. I have a feeling that after the protests end, more young people are going to flood downtown Oakland and the lake so that might make it a bit more catering to that crowd.

Young educated people with money have been flooding downtown and recently into the West for most of the last decade.

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

I would rather live in Oakland, CA than anywhere else in California.

Oakland is a !%%%!@! dump

Ahh yes you shared the same well thought out sentiment with me the last time this topic came up, maybe even the time before that too.

While I live in Portland now, I've spent about 99% of my life living in and around Midtown Sacramento. It isn't all that bad...it was really nice for a good stretch there when everybody could get hired by the State and buy a track home in one of the numerous urban sprawl developments. 

...but then the State ran out of money, people were out of work, foreclosed on, and you started to see news stories like this:

[h1]Man arrested for allegedly biting python — twice[/h1]

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A snakebite in a north Sacramento neighborhood left the victim seriously hurt, but the injured party isn't whom you'd expect.

110902-snake-suspect-440p.grid-2x2.jpg

KCRA
David Senk, 54, was jailed on suspicion of maiming or mutilating a reptile, with bail set at $10,000, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Police say a python underwent emergency surgery after a man allegedly bit the creature twice.

Officers were called to Del Paso Heights around 6:30 p.m. Thursday after a passer-by reported that a man was lying on the ground and might have been assaulted, according to Sgt. Andrew Pettit. When they arrived, they found David Senk, 54, still lying there — but police say he wasn't the one who was assaulted.

Another man approached officers and accused Senk of taking two bites out of his pet python, Pettit said.

The man, who was an acquaintance of Senk, told police that the suspect asked to hold the pet, then began biting, the Sacramento Bee reported.

ehh bay dudes always try to @*%+ on sac, but sac probably has more to do than majority of bay area cities aside from sf, oakland, berkeley, and san jose.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

ehh bay dudes always try to @*%+ on sac, but sac probably has more to do than majority of bay area cities aside from sf, oakland, berkeley, and san jose.

So aside from the biggest and best cities in the Bay, Sac probably has more to do? Lol of course it does. Of course Sac has more to do than Gilroy, what's your point?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Most of Nor Cal outside of Silicon Valley sucks. Stockton has a bunch of little "Thugs" saying "Cuddy" 

im sorry but them "little thugs" will put you 6 feet deep with no hesitation. the gang violence is mind boggling here. 
and thats not bragging. its the god honest truth and the worst part about stockton. You arent safe anywhere in this city
yea probably. I'm not from there, the people I know from stockton are as I described.

Originally Posted by youngdoc

So aside from the biggest and best cities in the Bay, Sac probably has more to do? Lol of course it does. Of course Sac has more to do than Gilroy, what's your point?
My point is half these dudes %$!#!#*# on sac drove past the city on the freeway saw some empty land and said its boring.  I lived in berkeley, oakland, and richmond.  It's the same !#@! as sac aside from the distance to SF.  At least sac has thunder valley
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rman

I'm from Stockton.
Why we got two malls right across the street from each other?  
laugh.gif

when i saw this i was like
eek.gif

plus like i said. nor cal and most of the bay is a crap hole.

i rather stay at the inland empire than nor cal

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

I'm from Stockton.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

No, no you wouldn't. I lived in IE for years, and I KNOW you're just saying that for shock value.

ehh bay dudes always try to %$!* on sac, but sac probably has more to do than majority of bay area cities aside from sf, oakland, berkeley, and san jose.

so, it doesn't have all the cities worth going to?

well, you can keep all your crappy cities then.

I'm from Stockton.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

No, no you wouldn't. I lived in IE for years, and I KNOW you're just saying that for shock value.

my mom lived in the i.e.
\

moreno valley>oakland

That's cool.

Azusa > Westwood, see I can do that too!

Just curious but where in Oakland have you actually been? Have you really been here at all?

laugh.gif

eek.gif

my mom lived in the i.e.
\

moreno valley>oakland
Nice parts of Oakland > Moreno Valley > Bad parts of Oakland

You really can't compare a suburb to a major city. And you can't compare an entire area composed of 2 major cities + suburbs to 1 city.

Don't compare the IE to Oakland. Compare Riverside or San Bernadino to Oakland. I much rather live in a nice part of Oakland and be able to go to SF (could be less than 20 minutes) then live in Riverside and waste as much as 2 hours trying to get to LA.

i was born in alameda, raised in sac. sac is underrated. i like it here.
stockton has to many lil thugs and gang %+@*.
inland empire sux. I have to go there on thanksgiving tho lol.

The NEW downtown Oakland is sick.

So many dope little bars and spots: Beer Revolution, The Layover, Luka's Taproom and Lounge, The Trappist, etc.

It has had such a nice renaissance over the past few years, it's super safe and there are just hipster white kids everywhere.

I live on 9th and Jefferson and couldn't like it more. I'm a 28 year old white male. Born and raised in the Oakland Hills.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I've been to Sacramento a few times and it's nice there. A nice place to visit for the first time, but not to constantly visit.

A weekend trip there could be goodtimes.
denzel_intro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom