West coast NT'ers, can I ask you a question?

central time >>

earliest games start at noon,nfl,  and latest start at 930,nba..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Being able to watch a football game at 10 am >>> having
To stay up for a basketball game at 1 am.
East coast has it bad..

That must be nice.  I have to wake up at 6AM every morning for work, so I usually never finish watching the 10:30 NBA games.

Pacific Time is the best for watching sports. Hit up a restaurant/sports bar at 7:30 to watch a game, head out to more bars and clubs at 10 
pimp.gif
And starting football early on sundays is amazing during the Winter. Watch football from 10-8, then Boardwalk Empire right after
pimp.gif

I think it's cool to watch a game past 10 pm on the weekends at a bar once in a while. But I think that would get old real quick.

Prime time games start around 5:30 pacific time, which is great because people are getting off work and have enough time to make it home or catch the game at a happy hour.

10 am games are not a big deal when my team is playing at that time. I don't sleep in anyways and I have the rest of the day to enjoy or watch 1 pm games. Even still I have the rest of the day to enjoy.

West Coast time is the best IMO for the lower 48

I just moved to WA last year and have now lived in all 4 timezones. 

Pacific is the best by far for reasons like others have mentioned: 10 AM NFL Kickoffs and during the week NBA Games start right as I get home from work
pimp.gif
  NW WA gets dark at 10:30 PM during the summer too.

East coast is prolly the worst IMO.  Everything seemed rushed and ended/ started late.  Monday Night Football Games over at Midnight?  No thanks
sick.gif

Mountain Time was the most confusing.  Hard telling whether Primetime Shows lined up with Eastern, Central, or Pacific Time.  Very inconsistent. 
laugh.gif

As far as cable shows on TV, we do have Directv over here you know 
laugh.gif

We watch them at the same time you are.  If not, they are getting DVR'd. 

For games, I think it's worse for East coaster, when their team is playing a West Coast team.  Having to stay up past midnight? 
sick.gif

While you guys are sleeping, the night is still young over here. 

I love it. I always hate being on the eastcoast for sports and thought about the same thing lol

Football games at 10am, 1pm and 5pm ...how can you not like that?
Then Basketball games at 5 and 730....

For TV shows, you can either watch the eastcoast feed or watch it at its regular time.

Again, I love it.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

How does it feel to be 3 hours away?

I've always wondered what you guys are up to while we're (East coasters) asleep. Also it must suck having to catch 1pm football games at 10 am your time. Same goes for prime time and late night shows.
1.#$#? doesn't feel a damn thing
laugh.gif

2. I Love watching football at 10am, it gives me time to eat breakfast, shower, ect. before the games begin....and MNF ends early so i have time for homework
pimp.gif

I absolutely love watching 10 am football games. You wake up and BAMM! turn the tv on and relax.

7:30 pm Clippers & Laker games
pimp.gif

Maaaaan, CP time>Pacific time>Mountain>Central>Eastern. Since we battling time now
laugh.gif
. Seriously though, that west coast time is dope. I was out in Hawaii during the 2010 NBA Finals and I liked how I was able to watch the game at 3 in the afternoon be done by 5:30 and have the rest of the day to chill. It was weird at first but I liked it.

East coast has the edge when it comes to soccer. There's no way I'm in the right frame of mind to watch soccer at 5-7am.

NFL is great though. The late games finish at 4:30pm. You guys have to watch NFL from 1pm til 730pm and then the night game? No thanks.

And we also get to enjoy those Yankees-Red Sox games more. I always root for them to go past 12am your time.

I grew up in EST, and moving to the west coast I thought it'll be cool getting 3 hours

it was weird seeing NBA games on at 4-5pm, Football at 9-10am.......Sportscenter by 8, but like stated you get use to it, and its actually nice having the rest of the day.

What sucks is when everybody is on twitter having a convo about a show that hasnt aired yet, Many times Ill watch a show and be like "ah, thats what they were talking about"

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by KMante

I love it, but I'm actually four hours away from the east coast. It's really nice 
pimp.gif

No weirdness, but where is that? 
nerd.gif

-Drew
My bad in responding so late, but I live in Alaska.

Dont mind at all waking up at 10 for football. Would on the other hand not be to excited about staying up till 1 or 2 am to watch a game.

Originally Posted by LB510

Dont mind at all waking up at 10 for football. Would on the other hand not be to excited about staying up till 1 or 2 am to watch a game.
That's exactly how I feel. When I'm in school I have to stay up till midnight to finish watching a game.

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Directv solves all television issues.

California's weather/women solve all remaining issues.

pimp.gif

Feels good.
WE WIN!!!!
roll.gif

Watch a Laker game...see the females in the crowd.....WE WIN!
roll.gif

I've lived in the West Coast most of my life, but spent a good portion in the Midwest and they each really had their pros and cons.

I love waking up to live sports on the WC instead of some boring news or paid programming, but I also liked that in the midwest I could watch sports until deep into the night.

Also, while I scrolled up I saw that someone said how it sucked to be late about everything. That's kind of the truth. 9/11 was trip for me. I was always someone who would get up exactly 5 minutes before I had to leave for somewhere. I was a soph in HS and my friend was driving me at the time so I woke up, got dresses, and literally walked outside to get picked up. He was asking me all sorts of questions about what I thought on the Twin Towers. It was so early I wasn't even sure at the time I could remember what the Twin Towers were. After I finally woke up and realized what happened, it was well after the second tower was hit. Late pass indeed.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

must suck to be behind on everything
laugh.gif

DirecTV
smokin.gif

I DVR everything so it doesn't matter, but it's good to have East Coast and West Coast feeds if I want to catch a tv show early or late.

Our news comes on at 4, 5, 6, 10, and 11pm in Miami so its all good. Our late show (Leno/letterman) is at 11:35.
Our news doesn't revolve around the East Coast,
laugh.gif

Local news has the same time slots, and it's just that local news.  Late shows start after the news 11:35, but they are taped.  Is there really a rush to see them.

When it comes to sports, can't beat how we have it out here.  I've heard friends talk about the dreaded 1am-2am end times to MLB/NBA games,
laugh.gif
.  Latest they end out here is 11pm and that is usually due to OT/Extra innings.

College Football Saturday's ending at 9-10pm, giving ample time to do something after
smokin.gif

Even when I go out Saturday's and get home at 5-6am, waking up to watch a 10am kickoff isn't tough.

Back
Top Bottom