What All Do You Collect?

At what point is something considered a collection?

I have a lot of CDs but I never really thought of that as collecting

I'm an artist at heart so wall-art, concept sketchbooks, and bestiary books of various fictional universes. I also have a **** load of history books, another subject that I'm into.

Let me be your financial advisor real quick...

Museum, aquarium and zoo memberships? Bye. Swimming lessons, bye.

Teach them to swim on your own. Get discovery channel package. You’re hemorrhaging money unnecessarily
If he can comfortable afford those memberships, than it's worth it. It's a far different perspective to experience museums and zoos first hand and way more enriching in most aspects.

You'd be surprised there are older NTers out here that dont care about shoes anymore.

What do you consider "older"?

Im 30 and the last year and half i really havent given a damn about shoes anymore. Ive bought a few pairs but havent worn them.

Everyday its either concord lows or chuck 2 (with the lunarlon). Crazy how quick i turned the concords to beaters just from daily wear to/from work and back home, and the occasional store run

If he can comfortable afford those memberships, than it's worth it. It's a far different perspective to experience museums and zoos first hand and way more enriching in most aspects.

I agree, I was halfway joking cuz I’m anti-zoo. Museums are the **** tho

I'm an artist at heart so wall-art, concept sketchbooks, and bestiary books of various fictional universes. I also have a **** load of history books, another subject that I'm into.

I love that stuff

I have some old D&D monster manuals as well as some art books for the Dark Souls games

Also bought this one recently

the-gnome-book.jpg

It's very well done...you may find it relevant to your interests

I love that stuff

I have some old D&D monster manuals as well as some art books for the Dark Souls games

Also bought this one recently

the-gnome-book.jpg

It's very well done...you may find it relevant to your interests
Yeah, I'll see if I can find that. I had a nice book growing up with various creatures from fiction novels such as Grendel, Wolfenstein, Beowulf's mom, etc. I have no idea where it is now. But, I just bought the Game Of Thrones, Harry Potter, and LOTR's version. I still need to get a ton more(Stars Wars, Star Trek, Halo, Greek mythology, Eqyptian Mythology, etc..). I plan to draw some pages out as sketches and frame it.

I wouldn't say collect but there's certain things I buy besides sneakers. Apologize for the big pics.

Vinyl collection, had tables back in 98 for a couple years. Then a couple years ago just bought some new ones and retro to hang on the wall.

IMG_2039.JPG

Got 5 or 6 CD cases full and I still buy CDs.

IMG_2043.JPG

More Timbs than any person should have but they're comfortable and I started wearing them daily once I sold my shoe collection so that ended up replacing the sneaker addiction.

IMG_2045.JPG

Authentic jerseys

IMG_4632.JPG

Yankees fitteds but I've fallen off since MLB Shop was bought out by Fanatics. They don't have the same sales as MLB Shop did.

IMG_9531.JPG

RIAA official plaques, got another one still in the box.

IMG_9936.JPG

I actually have a decent amount of game art books too. Finally bought the Kaneko Works vol 1 and 3, which I have wanted for years.

I'm getting ready to get into vinyl but I'm currently purchasing books about clothing brands I own (Alot of Rizzoli publications)

lotta fitteds nice :nthat:

i thought i just needed 1 yankees 5950

Don't really think it necessarily counts as "collecting" but I do have large amounts of things that I use and enjoy.

Sold most of my sneakers -although I still have more than your average Joe in the street (down from about 350 to around 40 pairs now)
I have thousands of CDs, vinyls & DVDs although like I say, I don't really consider them "collections" per se since I listen to and watch them regularly .

I do have a pretty vast amount of (mostly DC) comics/graphic novels though, and also a pretty decent Scotch/Bourbon whisky collection... and band/music T Shirts too.

Damn, forgot all about my CD collection. I think I have around 150 or so.

Props dude, that's a good amount of Cd's. I think I'm hovering around 100. It's so easy to get that number when you buy from thrift stores for $1 each. Figure it's better to buy the whole album than paying $1 per song on iTunes.

Props dude, that's a good amount of Cd's. I think I'm hovering around 100. It's so easy to get that number when you buy from thrift stores for $1 each. Figure it's better to buy the whole album than paying $1 per song on iTunes.

I used to be a Columbia house member back in the day so that's how I got most of mine. I also have a few SACDs and DVD-As. Need to buy a new universal player though, sold my Denon years ago...

Back
Top Bottom