What are the most famous foods with U.S. cities in the name?

calibeebee

Supporter
In your opinion what are the most well known foods with cities, states, or regions of the USA in the name? I came up with 16 off the top. Can we do a field of 16 tournament?
The best food based on deliciousness as well as overall influence/impact on the rest of the world?

Ny pizza

Chicago deep dish pizza

Kentucky fried chicken

Boston cream pie

Key lime pie

Philly cheese steak

New England clam chowder

Coney dog

Texas bbq

New Orleans gumbo

Buffalo wings

California burrito

Denver omelette

Baked Alaska

Kansas City bbq

Hawaiian pizza

please add ones I’m missing. I’m curious

Last edited:
Cincinnati chili is on a 4 year post season ban for being absolute trash.
The reason I thought of this thread. My dad is from the east coast and told me about it. I literally have never heard of Cincinnati chili in my life, out here on the west coast. Got me thinking what the most well known or best ones are.
California burrito (carne asada fries), does that count?

i didn’t know that was a thing but it sounds good!

^ oh it’s fire. Looks like this -
455CDDFB-61D2-4A55-9C8B-78CFA56A941A.jpeg

Chopped cheese? That the liquor store melted cheese sandwich? That a name of a neighborhood out there? Serious question btw, just curious. Same with halal?

Never heard of New York City chopped cheese or New York City halal. I’m sure it’s good but neither will make the cut due to less notoriety

Cincinnati chili is on a 4 year post season ban for being absolute trash.

tenor-31.gif

The reason I thought of this thread. My dad is from the east coast and told me about it. I literally have never heard of Cincinnati chili in my life, out here on the west coast. Got me thinking what the most well known or best ones are.

Easily the mecca of the chili cheese coney.

20200109_121939.jpg

20190818_221429.jpg

Good. That means white people haven't gotten to it and haven't commercialized it.
You know I seriously considered making one last night just for kicks and giggles. It ain’t nothing but a scrambled cheeseburger sandwich. On the level of grilled bologna sandwich. That’s not a diss btw.

Boston Baked Beans
New England Clam Chowder
Manhattan Clam Chowder
California Roll
Baltimore Crab Cakes
Vermont Cheddar

*Maryland Blue Crab.

I don't think "MAryland Crabcake" is a THING. (It IS a thing though). Just don't know of it as an actual name that people use.
I mean, you know dummies outside of the area are frying them up as opposed to broiling so I guess you might as well call it a Maryland Crabcake :lol:

Back
Top Bottom