What are your issues with child support. Fair or unfair.

laugh.gif
Hold on, isn't D. Wade getting child support from hsi ex-wife

How many guys turned out to be deadbeat dads that were married or in a serious committed relationship? Compare that to the amount of guys that turned out to be deadbeat who met the chick one night at the club and didn't give a damn about her anymore than she cared about him. Females are as much to blame for getting knocked up by a deadbeat guy as the guy is. These young & dumb women running around these days thinking they're somehow empowering themselves by sleeping around "like a man".

Originally Posted by debs 168

Honestly, I know way more ppl that have dead beat dads than I do females living off of welfare with cs assist. And I'm sure most of u do too, but whatever. I'm typing on my iPhone which makes it mad tedious to respond to this thread but when I get back on the computer, I definitely will.

IMO it seems like a lot of ppl here are more concerned with their paychecks and saying/doing things to the BM out of spite rather than think about their children.

Finally, someone talking some sense.

Originally Posted by debs 168

smh in disgust at some of you. As a person that comes from a single parent household, that had an able bodied father that chose to !%%* every !#*@%, have multiple kids outside of the marriage, that chose to be a deadbeat dad...

!%%* you.

My mother worked her $!% off, struggled and sacrificed for me while his $!% did what he wanted.

A lot of you don't understand the struggle of some of these women out there and the sacrifices they make.

i had
I had a deadbeat dad too and my mother works hard but the fact.is that there are women who abuse this.systrm.for themselves so they do mot have.to work

Originally Posted by voodoo

How many guys turned out to be deadbeat dads that were married or in a serious committed relationship? Compare that to the amount of guys that turned out to be deadbeat who met the chick one night at the club and didn't give a damn about her anymore than she cared about him. Females are as much to blame for getting knocked up by a deadbeat guy as the guy is. These young & dumb women running around these days thinking they're somehow empowering themselves by sleeping around "like a man".
But see .. the problem is ...

None of that matters after the child is created. No matter how the child got there, he's there.

The child shouldn't have to suffer because their parents had a one night stand.

Originally Posted by LadyExpensive

Originally Posted by voodoo

But see .. the problem is ...

None of that matters after the child is created. No matter how the child got there, he's there.

The child shouldn't have to suffer because their parents had a one night stand.

Ok so we need to take away the financial incentive for having a child.  Let me ask you this, if a man had the right to choose not to be financially responsible for his child (women have this right), would the same amount of women still recklessly sleep around?  Would there still be the same amount of unwanted children being born? 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

debs 168, let me give you a scenario. My man, that I grew up with, had a child with a woman. They are no longer together but he literally has his son 5/7 days per week. For whatever reason, she still took him for CS. This pissed dude off because he was like, what more can I do? I have this child practically living with me, and she STILL pulls this stunt.

So she got awarded the victory. He has to pay child support to this son that "lives" with him.

Do you think he has a legit gripe when it comes to what is actually done with this money?
Does the Kid LIVE with him? If the child spends the night, has some breakfast in the morning and all. He should be about to get the CS taken off and he becomes the custodial parent with the CS  coming towards him. Has long has this been going on?

His father does not have legal custody of the child. If the child were old enough to get bills, they would probably be sent to his father's house since he is there for a far greater portion of the week.

This has been going on for well over 3 years now.

And for the person that said women need to make better decisions on the men that they allow to bust nuts inside of them, I agree. The woman isn't ALWAYS the victim people.

His father does not have legal custody of the child. If the child were old enough to get bills, they would probably be sent to his father's house since he is there for a far greater portion of the week.

And for the person that said women need to make better decisions on the men that they allow to bust nuts inside of them, I agree. The woman isn't ALWAYS the victim people.

That's one of the biggest problems in our society.  Both men & women are supposed to be adults, however only men are held accountable for their actions.  Groups that focus on trying to help prevent single mothers with no financial support never make any real progress because they only focus on one side of the problem... what the man did.  As long as everybody continues to ignore the female's irresponsible actions children will continue to be born into bad circumstances.

In DC's case, if they really wanted to be fair and equal about it, the mother should be paying the father a little. In a perfect world, the father would have custody.
Since he has the child for the majority of the time, the mother shouldn't get squat. Doesn't matter if she has bills to pay. The kid isn't living there the majority of the time.
She should be paying her own bills with her own money.
Doesn't matter what the outdated laws say, he's taking care of the child the majority of the time.

Another sexist thing which the female can always take advantage of. Same with divorces, makes me sick

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

In DC's case, if they really wanted to be fair and equal about it, the mother should be paying the father a little. In a perfect world, the father would have custody.
Since he has the child for the majority of the time, the mother shouldn't get squat. Doesn't matter if she has bills to pay. The kid isn't living there the majority of the time.
Doesn't matter what the outdated laws say, he's taking care of the child the majority of the time.

You would be surprised how often the custody is given to an absolutely incompetent mother
indifferent.gif
Most fathers are never even given the chance to be the primary caregiver all they are expected to do is provide funds %%# that
mad.gif
If I'm having kids I want an equal hands on chance in raising them

Then he should be able to have full rights granted to him.

It takes two people as men we should know that women can be shady so when having sex we should be wearing that rubber

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

You would be surprised how often the custody is given to an absolutely incompetent mother
indifferent.gif
Most fathers are never even given the chance to be the primary caregiver all they are expected to do is provide funds %%# that
mad.gif
If I'm having kids I want an equal hands on chance in raising them
Oh I know it.
My uncle divorced his wife when I was about 8 and she got custody of my two girl cousins. This woman has lived off of men her whole life. She's as close to a prostitute as you can get without actually being a prostitute. Has done nothing but get drunk, get high, and !%*!% around since then, multiple dudes paying multiple bills.
My uncle was the good parent, taking care of the girls. Every Christmas, every birthday. The ungrateful brats decided they wanted to be like their mother and are trash. The older one has a kid and another on the way, while still drinking, smoking, and being a total idiot in front of her 2 year old son.
If my uncle had had soul custody, they would have their heads on straight and not been total %%$!*+@.

Dude I work with pays like 100 a week out of his check thats like 350. Asked them to reduce it and he said.they told him to get another job. Child support might suck, but back child support that he has to pay for the rest of bis life is worse IMO

I don't practice Family Law but from what I understand the theory behind child support is that children have a legal/moral right to support from both parents. The idea is that the custodial parent already provides the child with support based on the fact the child lives with them and they presumably provide undocumented financial and other support. To make the system equitable, the noncustodial parent is supposed to provide financial support each month to fill in the gap and meet their obligation to provide for their half of the support obligation. As great as this sounds in theory, what happens is either the mother takes advantage of the system (not caring for the kids and using the child support payment for themselves) or the father takes advantage of the system (periodic, under the table payments or NO payments at all).

The key to the system is which parent gets custody of the children. The disadvantage to fathers is that for years there has been a rebuttal presumption in the court system in favor of moms. Essentially default custody would go to the mother unless the father could somehow prove the mother was totally unfit to care for the children. However, in the last 20 years courts are using what's called the "best interest" of the child standard. This standard got rid of the rebuttal presumption and essentially looks at a wide variety of factors such as: the child's preferences, parental involvement in raising children, stability, etc, when determining custody. If a father files for custody first, proves that he is the primary caregiver, and proves that the child lives with him then he would have a good chance at getting primary custody which would involve the mother making child support payments.

Its sad man seeing that crap.I got kinfolk who even though he sees his son 3 months out of the year due to his ex being military.He does a bunch for him.Dude buys him and his lil brother literally bags of clothes and kicks each time they come down.I've meet the mom and she barely lives better than my cousin who runs a restaurant .

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I think it's necessary. No way a dude who doesn't wanna take care of his responsibilities should get off clean. However, it should be monitored and be screened so that these moochin huzzies don't get a free ride like they do w/ every other govt. assistance.

All of you saying it should be on a bank or EBT card, while it makes a good point, it would only work if the woman couldn't buy somethin then return it w/ the receipt so she can get the cash back. We all use this when we wanna get rid of gift cards and things of that nature. It would require a monthly or bimonthly audit.

All in all, the system will never be changed unless there is protest and clearly there isn't and won't be.
Cliffnotes of everything I've said in here
THIS

Debs is making it seem like people are in here are saying dudes shouldn't pay at all which isn't the case. I grew up in a single parent household myself and watched my mother struggle for YEARS with me and my sis with no assistance. My only gripe is the whole "one rotten apple spoils the bunch" approach that is used when these laws are enforced. They are too black and white and I feel like each case should be looked at individually instead of going by that crazy equation they use to calculate payments. Not to mention they suspend you license and put it on your credit if you're behind. I pay $1200/month for two kids with $0 arrears so I do my part but I definitely understand why a good dude who just doesn't have it like that can get frustrated at these crazy laws
ohwell.gif

debs 168, let me give you a scenario. My man, that I grew up with, had a child with a woman. They are no longer together but he literally has his son 5/7 days per week. For whatever reason, she still took him for CS. This pissed dude off because he was like, what more can I do? I have this child practically living with me, and she STILL pulls this stunt.

So she got awarded the victory. He has to pay child support to this son that "lives" with him.

Do you think he has a legit gripe when it comes to what is actually done with this money?
So why didn't/doesn't the father take full custody? Does the mother work, if so, can she afford all of the bills to have a sound environment for the child? Who makes more money? The scenario presented is based off hearsay. Just because the father says he has his son 5 out of 7 days doesn't mean he ALWAYS has him( although he possibly could). How much is child support?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Debs for the most part. I'd bet the majority of you don't know a trifling female like you are describing and just going off of movies and hearsay.
laugh.gif
 In a perfect world, there would be no need for CS because both parties would've thought the whole thing through. 

Hell, half the threads on NT advocate "Smash and Dash" and 85% of those advocates are reppin' TeamRaw. :smh:!%%%, when I first joined NT there was a thread talking about should I pay child support or buy new kicks. Thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/298009/Child-Support-FTL?page=1 It's selfishness at it's finest. {NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE It's wrong as hell for the mother to spend the money on herself, but at least she has a greater chance of finding another suitor help to "take care" of your offspring. NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE}

A third party in theory sounds good but who is going to pay for that extra service? I'm pretty sure taxpayers would boycott it. Both parties should be held equally accountable, but it's easier for females to get stuck with the "raw" end of the deal (not all women want children), so it makes sense for the system to be skewed towards them. And who is to support the child once they turn 18? Do both parents drop responsibility and the kid is left to fend for themselves?  

My bestfriend, his dad was a single father raising two kids and was receiving CS, so it's not always one-sided. Just sayin'.

*Edit

If men are so afraid of women spending their money recklessly instead of on the child why aren't they doing more to take custody? Are they afraid to give of their freedom? I'm genuinely trying to understanding the thought process.

Originally Posted by kickstart

So why didn't/doesn't the father take full custody? Does the mother work, if so, can she afford all of the bills to have a sound environment for the child? Who makes more money? The scenario presented is based off hearsay. Just because the father says he has his son 5 out of 7 days doesn't mean he ALWAYS has him( although he possibly could). How much is child support?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Debs for the most part. I'd bet the majority of you don't know a trifling female like you are describing and just going off of movies and hearsay.
laugh.gif
 In a perfect world, there would be no need for CS because both parties would've thought the whole thing through. 

Hell, half the threads on NT advocate "Smash and Dash" and 85% of those advocates are reppin' TeamRaw. :smh:%+#@, when I first joined NT there was a thread talking about should I pay child support or buy new kicks. Thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/298009/Child-Support-FTL?page=1 It's selfishness at it's finest. {NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE It's wrong as hell for the mother to spend the money on herself, but at least she has a greater chance of finding another suitor help to "take care" of your offspring. NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE}

A third party in theory sounds good but who is going to pay for that extra service? I'm pretty sure taxpayers would boycott it. Both parties should be held equally accountable, but it's easier for females to get stuck with the "raw" end of the deal (not all women want children), so it makes sense for the system to be skewed towards them. And who is to support the child once they turn 18? Do both parents drop responsibility and the kid is left to fend for themselves?  

My bestfriend, his dad was a single father raising two kids and was receiving CS, so it's not always one-sided. Just sayin'.
It doesn't have to be the tax payers, it could be as simple as having a "joint account" where i could monitor where the money I spend on my kids goes to and even if I had to pay for the extra service it would be worth it imo

Originally Posted by kickstart

laugh.gif

Hell, half the threads on NT advocate "Smash and Dash" and 85% of those advocates are reppin' TeamRaw. :smh:%+#@, when I first joined NT there was a thread talking about should I pay child support or buy new kicks. Thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/298009/Child-Support-FTL?page=1 It's selfishness at it's finest. {NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE It's wrong as hell for the mother to spend the money on herself, but at least she has a greater chance of finding another suitor help to "take care" of your offspring. NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE}

It doesn't have to be the tax payers, it could be as simple as having a "joint account" where i could monitor where the money I spend on my kids goes to and even if I had to pay for the extra service it would be worth it imo
So, who do you take the issue to if you feel money is being mishandled? And what would happen then?

Back
Top Bottom