What are your issues with child support. Fair or unfair.

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

So why didn't/doesn't the father take full custody? Does the mother work, if so, can she afford all of the bills to have a sound environment for the child? Who makes more money? The scenario presented is based off hearsay. Just because the father says he has his son 5 out of 7 days doesn't mean he ALWAYS has him( although he possibly could). How much is child support?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Debs for the most part. I'd bet the majority of you don't know a trifling female like you are describing and just going off of movies and hearsay.
laugh.gif
 In a perfect world, there would be no need for CS because both parties would've thought the whole thing through. 

Hell, half the threads on NT advocate "Smash and Dash" and 85% of those advocates are reppin' TeamRaw. :smh:%+#@, when I first joined NT there was a thread talking about should I pay child support or buy new kicks. Thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/298009/Child-Support-FTL?page=1 It's selfishness at it's finest. {NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE It's wrong as hell for the mother to spend the money on herself, but at least she has a greater chance of finding another suitor help to "take care" of your offspring. NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE}

A third party in theory sounds good but who is going to pay for that extra service? I'm pretty sure taxpayers would boycott it. Both parties should be held equally accountable, but it's easier for females to get stuck with the "raw" end of the deal (not all women want children), so it makes sense for the system to be skewed towards them. And who is to support the child once they turn 18? Do both parents drop responsibility and the kid is left to fend for themselves?  

My bestfriend, his dad was a single father raising two kids and was receiving CS, so it's not always one-sided. Just sayin'.
It doesn't have to be the tax payers, it could be as simple as having a "joint account" where i could monitor where the money I spend on my kids goes to and even if I had to pay for the extra service it would be worth it imo
So, who do you take the issue to if you feel money is being mishandled? And what would happen then?

My bank account has given me money back for fraudulent transactions, if it's something I had to pay extra for I honestly don't care-I would pay ANYTHING to raise my kids just as long as it was going to them

With the amount some people pay, paying to make sure it's used for what its meant for is WORTH IT

Why is it that once a child turns 18 CS is no longer required, but a 30 y/o woman who divorces her husband needs alimony?

It doesn't have to be the tax payers, it could be as simple as having a "joint account" where i could monitor where the money I spend on my kids goes to and even if I had to pay for the extra service it would be worth it imo
So, who do you take the issue to if you feel money is being mishandled? And what would happen then?

My bank account has given me money back for fraudulent transactions, if it's something I had to pay extra for I honestly don't care-I would pay ANYTHING to raise my kids just as long as it was going to them
By mishandled I meant used for expenses you feel aren't going to your child. 

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Its sad man seeing that crap.I got kinfolk who even though he sees his son 3 months out of the year due to his ex being military.He does a bunch for him.Dude buys him and his lil brother literally bags of clothes and kicks each time they come down.I've meet the mom and she barely lives better than my cousin who runs a restaurant .
So, where does the children go when she is deployed?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

debs 168, let me give you a scenario. My man, that I grew up with, had a child with a woman. They are no longer together but he literally has his son 5/7 days per week. For whatever reason, she still took him for CS. This pissed dude off because he was like, what more can I do? I have this child practically living with me, and she STILL pulls this stunt.

So she got awarded the victory. He has to pay child support to this son that "lives" with him.

Do you think he has a legit gripe when it comes to what is actually done with this money?
So why didn't/doesn't the father take full custody? Does the mother work, if so, can she afford all of the bills to have a sound environment for the child? Who makes more money? The scenario presented is based off hearsay. Just because the father says he has his son 5 out of 7 days doesn't mean he ALWAYS has him( although he possibly could). How much is child support?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Debs for the most part. I'd bet the majority of you don't know a trifling female like you are describing and just going off of movies and hearsay.
laugh.gif
 In a perfect world, there would be no need for CS because both parties would've thought the whole thing through. 

Hell, half the threads on NT advocate "Smash and Dash" and 85% of those advocates are reppin' TeamRaw. :smh:!%%%, when I first joined NT there was a thread talking about should I pay child support or buy new kicks. Thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/298009/Child-Support-FTL?page=1 It's selfishness at it's finest. {NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE It's wrong as hell for the mother to spend the money on herself, but at least she has a greater chance of finding another suitor help to "take care" of your offspring. NOT JUSTIFYING BUT PUTTING IT OUT THERE}

A third party in theory sounds good but who is going to pay for that extra service? I'm pretty sure taxpayers would boycott it. Both parties should be held equally accountable, but it's easier for females to get stuck with the "raw" end of the deal (not all women want children), so it makes sense for the system to be skewed towards them. And who is to support the child once they turn 18? Do both parents drop responsibility and the kid is left to fend for themselves?  

My bestfriend, his dad was a single father raising two kids and was receiving CS, so it's not always one-sided. Just sayin'.

*Edit

If men are so afraid of women spending their money recklessly instead of on the child why aren't they doing more to take custody? Are they afraid to give of their freedom? I'm genuinely trying to understanding the thought process.
laugh.gif

Do you have any idea how hard it is for a father to get full custody of a child?  It happens, but it is not the norm

By mishandled I meant used for expenses you feel aren't going to your child. 

In a situation where the father wants full custody of his child, if it can be proven the mother is repeatedly mishandling the CS payments, at least 75% custody should be awarded to the father.  I understand the child may be accustomed to living with his/her mother but she is proving she cares more about herself than her child.

most men who pay child support don't want full custody anyway, they'd just rather have custody than give "that &@^*#" money. if it were up to most of them they'd do neither. i think it's necessary. a lot of these children are better off simply getting the money and not seeing the father honestly.

Was reading this the other day...

[h1]How Does a Four-Year-Old Spend $46,000 a Month?[/h1]

Supermodel Linda Evangelista is asking French billionaire Francois Henri-Pinault for $46,000 a month in child support. He's the father of Ms. Evangelista's four-year-old son, Augustin James. And Ms. Evangelista argues that $46,000 is the minimum required to provide for young Augustin in the manner to which he has grown accustomed.

Readers outside New York are probably thinking: "What's this kid eating ?!"

Readers in New York are thinking: "She should ask for more."

To find out how a four-year-old could possibly burn through $46,000 a month in Manhattan, I called Natasha Pearl, president of Aston-Pearl, the New York-based lifestyle-management firm for wealthy families.

Here's the breakdown:

Childcare

Forget the nanny. Kids like Augustin need a round-the-clock child-care team, what the wealthy call "full, 24/7 coverage." Ms. Pearl says that requires three nannies, with two rotating on full schedule and another as a backup. "And that third nanny preferably has some specialty skill, like teaching the kid Mandarin," Ms. Pearl said. "And if he's a boy, the third staffer might be a manny to run him around the park and throw him baseballs."

Total cost: About $23,000 a month or more — half the total.

School

Augustin is still in preschool, which means that rather than paying the $36,000 to $40,000 a year for private school, Ms. Evangelista only has to pay about $20,000 to $30,000 for a top preschool. That means his school bill — at least for now — is a mere $2,500 a month.

Clothing

You can't be the son of Linda Evangelista and the world's luxury king and wear Osh-Kosh. To sheath Augustin in Chloe, Berlingot and Jacadi (does Gucci have a kids' line?) you're looking at $3,000 a month minimum.

Extracurriculars

Fencing, chess, French lessons, soccer and all the other add-ons that are required for any successful Manhattan four-year-old will easily run another $2,000 to $5,000 a month.

Drivers

"He probably needs his own driver since they can't split one," Ms. Pearl said. "If he needs to be at school at 8 a.m. and she needs to be out 'til 2 a.m., they have to have two." So add another another $6,000 to $8,000 a month.

So we're already at more than $41,000 and we haven't even gotten to his daily sushi intake, the expense account at F.A.O. Schwartz and the kiddie birthday parties at Top of the Rock.

"At first glance, $46,000 seems like an extraordinary amount and it is," Ms. Pearl said. "But for a fortunate child in New York, it is actually absolutely conceivable that his expenses could approach $50,000 a month."

Message to Mr. Pinault: you're getting a bargain.

What other expenses do you think a fortunate son in New York might incur?

http://finance.yahoo.com/...n-46000-monthly-spending

I realize he's a billionaire and all, and he could easily pay these monthly fees/expenses for his child, but I personally found the amount being demanded to be highly disagreeable. The mother herself is a multimillionaire, which makes this all the more ridiculous. No child needs $46000/month to survive. It's hogwash.

FYI, the baby-daddy in question is married to Selma Hayek, and is also the father of her child.

Originally Posted by voodoo

Why is it that once a child turns 18 CS is no longer required, but a 30 y/o woman who divorces her husband needs alimony?

indifferent.gif
Wow thats a good point.

It depends on the situation. 
----------------------------------------------------------------

@Witness 

How hard is it if you have proof of reckless spending and neglect of child? 

@voodoo's 2nd response

I can get with that but my question stems in: how is that handled in court and whose fitting the bill for the courts time?

At the end of the day, its 2011 a woman CHOOSES to get pregnant. IF you CHOOSE to keep a child from a man you know will not make a good father, dont go to court FORCING him to give you money for a child he didnt want in the first place, thus alienating a child from his father and creating another statistic for society. The sad thing is minorities get trapped in this cycle....

Originally Posted by gambit215

At the end of the day, its 2011 a woman CHOOSES to get pregnant. IF you CHOOSE to keep a child from a man you know will not make a good father, dont go to court FORCING him to give you money for a child he didnt want in the first place, thus alienating a child from his father and creating another statistic for society. The sad thing is minorities get trapped in this cycle....

it's 2011, a man can CHOOSE not to have sex with a woman who could possibly get pregnant. a lot of "minority" fathers CHOOSE not to pay child support anyway.

That goes both way: A man chooses to ejaculate and/or impregnate a woman.

Both parties are equally involved and the responsibility for providing for said children must be dived equally.

The trouble only begins when it comes down to defining what "equally" means.

I feel that it definitely depends on the situation. For example, my loser brother had 3 kids and doesn't even care if he sees them. I wish they'd take every penny he makes, but even that wouldn't be enough.

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

most men who pay child support don't want full custody anyway, they'd just rather have custody than give "that &@^*#" money. if it were up to most of them they'd do neither. i think it's necessary. a lot of these children are better off simply getting the money and not seeing the father honestly.

this is a common misconception, men are notorious for wanting nothing to do with their children but there is a minority that want their kids in their lives-on the other hand there is a minority/majority of women who r not fit to have and raise children who exploit this system for their own gain

I have no bias, I've never been a father, I semi despise my dad and my mother is the most important person in my life but I fail to see how people can't see a very simple solution to this issue

laugh.gif
It's not even worth the keystrokes. You can't tell a man like this nothing. Forcing him to provide money for his seed that he squirted in her probably while on TEAM RAW but it's her choice to get pregnant?

Oh okay.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

laugh.gif
It's not even worth the keystrokes. You can't tell a man like this nothing. Forcing him to provide money for his seed that he squirted in her probably while on TEAM RAW but it's her choice to get pregnant?

Oh okay.

I'm a strong proponent for people NOT having too many children-our world is overpopulated but if you do decide to bring children into this world you better be $%$% ready to give dedicate your entire energy into making sure their lives are as comfortable as possible

I think what gambit was tryna say is women have an equal say/action into rearing and producing children (pause)-minus the act of rape this is the truth

Originally Posted by debs 168

smh in disgust at some of you. As a person that comes from a single parent household, that had an able bodied father that chose to !%%* every !#*@%, have multiple kids outside of the marriage, that chose to be a deadbeat dad...

!%%* you.

My mother worked her $!% off, struggled and sacrificed for me while his $!% did what he wanted.

A lot of you don't understand the struggle of some of these women out there and the sacrifices they make.

You guys disgust me in this. This is NT. None of yall are millionaires and are giving 46K a month to a kid. Those are the ones who should complain. You a bold faced lie if you say you know more women abusing the system spending on themselves than men abusing the system not paying a dime for 18 years

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You guys disgust me in this. This is NT. None of yall are millionaires and are giving 46K a month to a kid. Those are the ones who should complain. You a bold faced lie if you say you know more women abusing the system spending on themselves than men abusing the system not paying a dime for 18 years

scott i agree with u on a lot of topics, but u lose absolutely nothing with agreeing for this system to be monitored closely-like I said I have NO kids, my mother busted her %$$$ %@% to raise three successful kids, I would rather adopt than have kids of my own I have nothing to gain by arguing for child support reform

When you go to a bank and ask for a loan, why do they do a credit check?  Obviously, they want to know as much about you as possible.  When a woman decides to spread her legs for a man, wouldn't it be in her best interest to know as much about him and she possibly can?  Currently there are a lot of women that believe they don't need or have time for relationships so they engage in random sex.  It was their own lifestyle choice that put them at a high risk for being a single mother.

If someone from "Team Raw" bangs some chick raw then gets the clap... who's fault is it?  Should she be responsible for his treatment?  Should he be able to sue her?

scott i agree with u on a lot of topics, but u lose absolutely nothing with agreeing for this system to be monitored closely-like I said I have NO kids, my mother busted her %$$$ %@% to raise three successful kids, I would rather adopt than have kids of my own I have nothing to gain by arguing for child support reform
I agree, everything should be monitored but the things said in here are absurd. So if a woman loses her job the father shouldn't have to pay support anymore? Yeah %@%* that kid this is the time where it least needs money.

When you go to a bank and ask for a loan, why do they do a credit check?  Obviously, they want to know as much about you as possible.  When a woman decides to spread her legs for a man, wouldn't it be in her best interest to know as much about him and she possibly can?  Currently there are a lot of women that believe they don't need or have time for relationships so they engage in random sex.  It was their own lifestyle choice that put them at a high risk for being a single mother.

If someone from "Team Raw" bangs some chick raw then gets the clap... who's fault is it?  Should she be responsible for his treatment?  Should he be able to sue her?
1 sided argument is one sided. Isn't in the best interest of the man to know who he is putting his sperm into because quite possibly you may get pregnant. I'm no doctor but that's how it happens. And in your totally unrelated second scenario it's no one's fault but his own. But if he's Team AIDS and knows it and bangs some chick raw and she gets AIDS yes he can get sued. So if you haven't got a vasectomy and you don't want children put a god damn condom on and stop blaming other people for your mistakes.

1 sided argument is one sided. Isn't in the best interest of the man to know who he is putting his sperm into because quite possibly you may get pregnant. I'm no doctor but that's how it happens. And in your totally unrelated second scenario it's no one's fault but his own. But if he's Team AIDS and knows it and bangs some chick raw and she gets AIDS yes he can get sued. So if you haven't got a vasectomy and you don't want children put a god damn condom on and stop blaming other people for your mistakes.

I hate to be Capt. Obvious here but since it is females who get pregnant, they should be more responsible when it comes to sexual relations.  Men have always been out to spread their seed and if you look at history if women didn't secure a strong bond with a man before allowing herself to be impregnated, she risked certain death if the man abandoned her.  If women today risk being single mothers, imo that pales in comparison to us men who risk being held financially responsible for a child (or children) that aren't even biologically ours.

Interesting thread. Ill be back to catch up once I am on a computer. however, I pay over 1k for 1 kid since my daughter was born. She is now two an with me 4 days a week as opposed to weekends before.somehow though the courts are still trying to make me pay the same. Still trying to figure out how it makes any sense. I pay for all her clothes when with me, daycare, an all regular expenses on those days shes with me... The system doesnt work properly. In reality, forcing someone to pay male or femaledoesnt benefit the kid mentally.

Back
Top Bottom