What are your must have/most useful smartphone applications that you recommend?

Swiftkey 3 -- Just started the free trial, no swipe but it picks up on your texting patterns over time and gets scary good at predicting what you're trying to type, I don't even have to use the spacebar anymore.
Cigar Deals -- Daily deals while they last from Cigarinternational.com
Kid Mode -- If you have a kid this is a MUST!!! Its free and not only does it entertain my kid but it teaches him things also. It give a weekly breakdown of what he learned, how much time he spent on different aspects of learning (ie. cognitive thinking, reading comprehension, etc) DID I MENTION FREE?!
Brewster -- For the beer drinkers out there like myself. Pretty much a beer journal so you can remember what beers you like and which you don't. Helps for the nights you can't remember lol
Tapatalk -- 1.99 but works with NT flawlessly, view pics just fine, only wish I could see embedded vids

DSP Manager is for rooted users, right¿
Is anyone using a different mobile browser(Chrome/Dolphin/Firefox, etc)¿ Any recommendations for those¿

You don't need to be rooted for any of the mods I posted.

Chrome>

I downloaded DSP, and now I don't know what to do...it doesn't install or anything.

you have to flash the zip in recovery to install it.

So I DO need to be rooted??

you need to have cwm recovery installed on your device.
depending on your device you may need to be rooted before you can install cwm recovery

Um...I found another apk from the official xda thread and it installed straight up. Should I even mess with it or just delete??

since you already installed it just try it out & see if it works. if it does just stick with that.

It actually works!! I just selected it in my app tray, and it pulled up and everything! I kept reading that I needed to move it to system/app, but it works right out of the sdcard folder.

The weird thing is that, from what it seems, is when I change the volume, it goes back to default setting. I'll reboot and check it out. It force closed a bit too after I started messing with it too.

What does the Loudness Compensation, Dynamic Range Compression or the Virtual Room Effect do¿

might be because you haven't changed the permissions (you'll need to be rooted in order to do this)
check out this for info on how to change the permissions

-Dynamic Range Compression
(Compresses loud sounds and amplifies quieter sounds for a "balance")

-Loudness Compensation
(Makes the track or sound louder leading to possible distortion)

Headphone Virtual Room effect.
This option tries to make the song feel surround soundy, but it just doesn't work for most. It takes some sounds and covers them as all it does it just produce an echo effect so off.

link

DSP Manager is for rooted users, right¿
Is anyone using a different mobile browser(Chrome/Dolphin/Firefox, etc)¿ Any recommendations for those¿

You don't need to be rooted for any of the mods I posted.

Chrome>

I downloaded DSP, and now I don't know what to do...it doesn't install or anything.

you have to flash the zip in recovery to install it.

So I DO need to be rooted??

you need to have cwm recovery installed on your device.
depending on your device you may need to be rooted before you can install cwm recovery

Um...I found another apk from the official xda thread and it installed straight up. Should I even mess with it or just delete??

since you already installed it just try it out & see if it works. if it does just stick with that.

It actually works!! I just selected it in my app tray, and it pulled up and everything! I kept reading that I needed to move it to system/app, but it works right out of the sdcard folder.

The weird thing is that, from what it seems, is when I change the volume, it goes back to default setting. I'll reboot and check it out. It force closed a bit too after I started messing with it too.

What does the Loudness Compensation, Dynamic Range Compression or the Virtual Room Effect do¿

might be because you haven't changed the permissions (you'll need to be rooted in order to do this)
check out this for info on how to change the permissions

-Dynamic Range Compression
(Compresses loud sounds and amplifies quieter sounds for a "balance")

-Loudness Compensation
(Makes the track or sound louder leading to possible distortion)

Headphone Virtual Room effect.
This option tries to make the song feel surround soundy, but it just doesn't work for most. It takes some sounds and covers them as all it does it just produce an echo effect so off.

link

So looooooooooooooooooong story short, I should root to get this to work. :lol:

ringtones/ringtones HD - two seperate apps both do decent job of customizing ringtones.

pandora - as sum1 mentioned is good, but it eats up data in large quantities so try and make sure ur wi-fi is running it

Netflix - no explanation needed

TWC-TV - for when the wife/child(ren) want something else on....it doesn't work with foreign wi-fi connections

WatchESPN - if only espn classic was on this tho...

Crackle - has a few things here and there, watched like one movie on it so far and had it since january

Kindle - game changer, take FREE classic literature with you anywhere, anytime, no connection needed to read just DL

Waze/gasbuddy = life savers

Star Walk = fantastic novelty for observing stars and other-worldly phenomenon.....not sayin it was aliens but....oh boy it was aliens

5-0 radio - hear your local law enforcement before they hear u

Flashlight - came in handy on way more than one occassion

instagram - used it only a few times but was impressed every time

chrome - blows safari out of the H20

GAMES:

Final Fantasy 3 - get it. now.

Flow - get it. now. barebones interface but intriguing nonetheless. 

chess free - not bad

infinity blade - not too bad, i pick it up here and there. beat like 2 bosses. fantastic graphics

angry birds/space birds/birds seasons/birds rio - what can i say, my daughter loves them birds.  only have the full version of space and it's alright. i never play it unless she asks for help, but that doesn't mean it doesnt it can't appeal to grownups

mayhem - nice art style, decent gameplay, beat the intro mission and it was cool.  will play again sometime down the road for sure

last but certainly not least:

order & chaos: like a pc mmorpg, ive played one mission so far but it's fun and looks good with a free trial for the first 3 months

i downloaded this manilla app for iphone. keeps track of bills and expenses. u can add cable phone electricity etc and it gives u reminders bout when bills are due and whatnot

Google Play

:lol:

what's wrong with it? i think it's dope. i got my whole itunes ready to stream to my phone at any time. plus it plays albums and songs in order unlike weak *** audio galaxy where it just plays a random song after you pick the one you want.

Yahoo Fantasy Football App- crucial for this time of year
hidden folder- keeps all the nudes the biddies be sending you safe.

Instapaper + Reeder. I read a lot on my phone and between reeder pulling articles to instapaper, this combination is perfect for me.

Goodreads. If you're a big reader this is nice to have to find more books to read.

Evernote. It's been mentioned but as a student this is really useful although I use it much more on my macbook. The synergy from phone to other devices is great.

Spotify. Hook the aux up to the head unit in my car and listen to whatever through stream.

Creditkarma. Good for credit scores and information stuff. It's completely free so that's a huge plus.

Dark Sky. A really accurate short time duration weather app. It's interface is really well designed also.

Skydrive is a good alternative to dropbox. Im pretty sure the free allotment of storage is larger.

Last edited:
all fantasy sports updates - playerline updates from multiple sources and you can add your players.

New to NT. My friend got me hooked on this forum. Anyways...I use android and here are some of the apps I like:

-Twitter

-WhatsApp

-Handcent SMS

-Spotify

-Dropbox

-Instagram

-Pulse

-Tunein Radio (Streaming radio and podcasts. Listen to local stations or ones from around the world)

-Nike+ running or Endomondo

-Redbox

-Fandango (Movie showtimes)

-Netflix

-Stopwatch & Timer

-Easy Voice Recorder (Record audio and even continue when the screen is turned off)

-FML

-Congress (View the bills proposed and amended in Congress; track the activities of representatives)

-Meme Generator

-Papa Johns... Been using this a lot lately with all the 50% off codes they've been putting out 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom