What Black Family Show Is Better Than Good Times vol. GOAT

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

keep your stone face...i feel the show is corny...jj is more annoying than funny and all he did was argue with thelma while their dad was always mad...mom always trying to calm him and keep the peace...Cosby show wasn't hilarious but still better than goodtimes...

Isn't that was brother and sister are supposed to do? I argue a !#+@$##* with my sister. The cosby show painted an unrealistic family damn near the black brady bunch.
laugh.gif
@ the Cosby show being "unrealistic"

Is it because they were successful? So every black sitcom in your opinion has to embody some sort of struggle?

I loved it for every reason for that it WASN'T about your typical black family that you would see on TV. Here you had a black man who was a doctor and ablack woman who was a lawyer...it went against the grain of the majority of what you saw of blacks on network tv....and it worked. You had a FUNCTIONAL,two-parent, black family household. It represents what people SHOULD aspire to be/achieve no matter what the race. This is one of the reasons the showappealed to all. Didn't matter your social situation, how much money you were making, race, etc...most people could find at least one thing to identifythemselves with the Cosbys. There was nothing unrealistic about the show. Something being "unrealistic" should be the impossible....for all thegreat qualities that the Cosbys had, NOTHING they portrayed was unattainable....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

keep your stone face...i feel the show is corny...jj is more annoying than funny and all he did was argue with thelma while their dad was always mad...mom always trying to calm him and keep the peace...Cosby show wasn't hilarious but still better than goodtimes...

Isn't that was brother and sister are supposed to do? I argue a !#+@$##* with my sister. The cosby show painted an unrealistic family damn near the black brady bunch.
laugh.gif

Is it because they were successful? So every black sitcom in your opinion has to embody some sort of struggle?

I loved it for every reason for that it WASN'T about your typical black family that you would see on TV. Here you had a black man who was a doctor and a black woman who was a lawyer...it went against the grain of the majority of what you saw of blacks on network tv....and it worked. You had a FUNCTIONAL, two-parent, black family household. It represents what people SHOULD aspire to be/achieve no matter what the race. This is one of the reasons the show appealed to all. Didn't matter your social situation, how much money you were making, race, etc...most people could find at least one thing to identify themselves with the Cosbys. There was nothing unrealistic about the show. Something being "unrealistic" should be the impossible....for all the great qualities that the Cosbys had, NOTHING they portrayed was unattainable....

well done sir...it was a show with sucessful adults and well mannered children who just happened to be black...and we can't forget theSpin-off...'Different World
pimp.gif
my fave show ever...

Word. Avy check... Even though ya cant see it. Smh

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Why wasn't the cosbys a real depiction of black family life in the 80s-90s?[/color]

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

I loved it for every reason for that it WASN'T about your typical black family that you would see on TV. Here you had a black man who was a doctor and a black woman who was a lawyer...it went against the grain of the majority of what you saw of blacks on network tv....and it worked. You had a FUNCTIONAL, two-parent, black family household. It represents what people SHOULD aspire to be/achieve no matter what the race. This is one of the reasons the show appealed to all. Didn't matter your social situation, how much money you were making, race, etc...most people could find at least one thing to identify themselves with the Cosbys. There was nothing unrealistic about the show. Something being "unrealistic" should be the impossible....for all the great qualities that the Cosbys had, NOTHING they portrayed was unattainable....

well done sir...it was a show with sucessful adults and well mannered children who just happened to be black...and we can't forget the Spin-off...'Different World
pimp.gif
my fave show ever...

Well said doublej.

Back
Top Bottom