what celebrity's career is winding down Vol: 15 minutes of fame

odd future 15 is almost over
kendrick lamar and asap half way there
jcoles 15 mins is over

Last edited:

Can't wait for this to die out.

I've been wanting to roll since September 2011. No one was down to do it with me, plus I had a hard time finding some, and the occasion never really presented itself. Then out of no where it got ridiculously popular and it lost its appeal to me for the moment. Plus I know the stuff being sold isn't pure MDMA, and I'm not trying to pop any that's been mixed with unknown additives.

I'll give it a try from a legit person when the hype dies dine.

50 cents buzz died down alot, but i suppose he been focusing on his hustle else where so hes a winner any way you look at it dude killed it.

jcoles 15 mins is over

Sonnnnnnnnnn

Did u just say Kendrick Lamar?????

Die a slow painful death

That's blasphemous

Seriously though.

Crawl yo head in that noose or wind up dead on the news.

Last edited:
It's clear as people only listen to singles and make their judgement of a rapper based on that.

Do u listen to music or do u just skim through it

15 minutes refers to people who have had a fluke-like ascension to fame.

None of those people mentioned fall under that category.

Now if you say "fell off", that seems more appropriate.

kinda off topic..but

l like how when asap came out everyone started saying trill....like it was such a great new word he invented..
laugh.gif

dudes fronting like they knew about the KANGS  when pimp c died and drake n everyone else started yelling RIP in their songs..

out of the rappers i listed i liked jcole the most :lol:

I guess I disagree. Cole and Kendrick have a lot of time left. Their success points to the idea that hip hop/rap with substance (from new artists aside from the vets like Nas) still has its place in the main stream. For a while people thought music like that wouldn't ever make it and those types of artists would have to dumb it down of they wanted commercial success. They proved that to be false. Like K Dot said "Real people want real music, the jig is up".

Can't wait for this to die out.
I've been wanting to roll since September 2011. No one was down to do it with me, plus I had a hard time finding some, and the occasion never really presented itself. Then out of no where it got ridiculously popular and it lost its appeal to me for the moment. Plus I know the stuff being sold isn't pure MDMA, and I'm not trying to pop any that's been mixed with unknown additives.
I'll give it a try from a legit person when the hype dies dine.

You don't like it now because everyone else likes it but you said no one wanted to do it before so what's the problem?

jcoles 15 mins is over
indifferent.gif
 @ K-Dot

Odd Future too except Frankie

Chief Keef
indifferent.gif

Psy
indifferent.gif

The Twilight Cast
indifferent.gif

Kim K.
indifferent.gif

French Montana
indifferent.gif

Trinidad James
indifferent.gif

The whole cast of jersey shore. Although I heard Snooki is a boxing promoter. Spanish Harlem is gonna be the new hype

:lol: This is a horrible thread, seriously.
I almost want to go through every post one-by-one and explain how 90% of the posters ITT don't know what "15 minutes of fame" means, but I won't bother.
please do.
Aside from naming people who are clearly still on top of their industries right now (ala Drake, Kevin Hart, Kendrick Lamar, Wiz, Mac Miller, etc) people are naming celebrities who were established for years and have simply moved out of the limelight. Just skimming through..

Katt Williams, 50 Cent (who is still quite relevant, especially with his recent involvement in boxing), Wayans bros, Chad Johnson, TO, Hulk Hogan, etc - these are all people who were relevant for 10+ YEARS in their fields. That's not '15 minutes' people. It's not that their 15 min is over, rather the media spotlight simply moved onto newer celebs as time passed. That's how it works.

'15 minutes of fame' would apply to someone like the William Hung dude from American Idol. He rose quickly, and he fell quickly. Celebs who rose quickly but were able to establish themselves for some period of time do not belong in this category.

Last edited:
You don't like it now because everyone else likes it but you said no one wanted to do it before so what's the problem?

It's a mix of it being the "thing" to do. When I tried to get a couple of friends to get down with it, they looked at me like I was bat**** crazy. Then Officer Williams says "Let's get these **** on a Molly" and the flood gates are opened. The same people that weren't about it turned hypocrite and style on me when I say no.

The popularity it's gotten has definitely led to a lot of poor quality stuff being put out on the market. Everyone trying to capitalize off Molly, so producers are putting out crappy product, mixed with meth, heroin, etc. It was already a feat to find a dealer out there who had pure MDMA back when it wasn't popular. Imagine how hard it is now.

I'll pass for now. Only wanted to try it to add to my list of "the **** I did in college" stories. Probably pass on rolling and try some mushrooms before I graduate. Yolo, and what not.

I think nowadays with the internet, reality tv, and social media, you can really extend the 15 mins of fame thing. Also you probably have a better chance bouncing back into some kind of the limelight due to those things. Not saying this is fact, or that it has really worked, but it's more of chance than back in the day.

Odd Future- never liked these guys but I've been aware of their music. Haven't heard a peep from any of em. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom