What Color Would Make a Room Warmer ?

okay, say if I wanted to make a room as warm as possible. What color should I paint the walls?

White, because it reflects light all around? Or black because it absorbs heat from all around?

what about white walls, with a dark carpet?

This is all hypothetical btw, so don't say white cause it looks better.
laugh.gif

Literally HEAT a room? Or like, making a room "warm"? I'm confused.. i wasn't aware that paint could really make a difference - but i guessif it could, you'd want black.

i would say 2 walls black 2 walls white and always keep ur cutains up

the wall with the window paint it black and the wall across the window black

the other 2 paint them white to so you can absorb the heat with the two black walls and reflect the heat with the heat white walls, thus keeping the warm aircirculating the room.

Don't paint it black. If you're trying to make the room look warm, black is gonna be dark and cold, and if you paint it black there's going to beno light. Try some neutral colors.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i would say 2 walls black 2 walls white and always keep ur cutains up

the wall with the window paint it black and the wall across the window black

the other 2 paint them white to so you can absorb the heat with the two black walls and reflect the heat with the heat white walls, thus keeping the warm air circulating the room.

It doesn't really work like that, well not exactly like that. If the main purpose to warm up the room, literally warm it up in temperature, paintignthe walls black and the ceiling white is your best bet. Have a dark colored floor helps too. The suns radiation (heat) will get absorbed by the dark walls andafter absorptin usually comes release. Once the heat is released, it rises and the white ceiling will reflect that back thus giving you a hotter room. Iwouldn't recommend it though since the room will be boiling during the summer time.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Literally HEAT a room? Or like, making a room "warm"? I'm confused.. i wasn't aware that paint could really make a difference - but i guess if it could, you'd want black.

literally heat a room. like you know on hot days in the summer, people say don't wear black because it absorbs light? same concept.

any mixture of red, yellow, and orange. natural warm colors............damn, color theory finally coming in handy

Painting a room black is emo ///_-) dont do that.

Go with summer colors like red or orange (go to Lowes or Home Depot and try out different shades that you like)

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Painting a room black is emo ///_-) dont do that.

Go with summer colors like red or orange (go to Lowes or Home Depot and try out different shades that you like)
This is all hypothetical btw, so don't say white cause it looks better.
laugh.gif

paint your room with varnish. All you need is a match and your room will be hotter than you imagine.

unless the room had exceedingly large windows which faced south, i can't imagine painting a room would have any noticeable effect on real temperature.material choice would play a much bigger role. for instance, brick or concrete would absorb the heat from the sun during the day and then release it at night,keeping the space warm.

but to answer your question about color... theoretically, black walls would make more sense than white if the goal was to heat a space.

Back
Top Bottom