What do you do for a living?

you should turn this into a what do you do and how much do you make per year thread. I need to compare myself to Niketalk to see where I stand lol

I am a implementation consultant for a software company. I make 57k in Springfield VA.

Last edited:
I think it's interesting enough (I am bored at work too). I also want to know what people are doing on here. I think to give some sort of credibility, you'd have to put your age down.

I am an insurance underwriter. I make quotes for brokers who are looking to place insurance with their customers in a specific market. It's as corporate as can be. I am scraping a little over $80k but in San Francisco, that is pretty much making $50K 10 years ago.

i am a W&I (weight and inspection) inspector for a trucking company here in the Southeast.

i walk our dock measuring freight to see if it is classed (50-500 class system, where 500 makes for a higher shipping rate) properly so that our company gets paid fairly.

somewhat boring task, but pretty easy once you get the hang of how things work.

I'll play along.

I work in Accounts Payable for a Medical Company. I'm in the entry level position and I make about $38k a year. I process invoices through our computer system, set up vendors, work with 1099's and W9's, tax information, etc.
22 years old, so I won't be ballin out like some of the big bois in here. :lol:

Last edited:
Footlocker stockroom manager. $10/Hr

It's decent pay, plus I get to inspect all the shoes when shipments arrive saving the flawless pair for myself. Is it a dream job? Some people say it is.

Last edited:

It's decent pay, plus I get to inspect all the shoes when shipments arrive saving the flawless pair for myself. Is it a dream job? Some people say it is.

Welp if I ever get the $$ to start coppin Jays again i know who I'm PMing.. :smokin

I sit at home and wait for my girl to come home. She's a student at Yale about to finish up her year.

I'm just trying to figure out life right now. I do odd jobs online for international clients every now and then to pay rent but it's like less than 10k a year but I don't mind. I'm trying to focus on my health right now anyway. I've been trying to fix my screwed up sleep for the past four years and this is the year where my hard work is paying off. It's taking me about an hour vs 5/6 hours to fall asleep now!

Currently unemployed due to medical conditions.

I earn money by hacking inactive social media usernames which I sell for money.

Income varies though I usually make at least $1000 a month. My best month was somewhere around the $2k range.

It helps keep me busy and earns me a sizeable amount of money to save and spend.

I intend to study computer science when I get a diagnosis for my conditions, without a diagnosis I can't apply for a customized education based on my medical limitations.

Last edited:
admin at a substance abuse treatment center. came in as a client and i'm still here - just in a different capacity. i make between 65-90k/ year which in hawaii, makes me slightly above the poverty line. there is never a day at work where something interesting, amusing and/or tragic occurs. overall, it really helps for me to adjust my perspective on a daily basis and realize that i'm blessed.

Last edited:

Can you help me get in the company?

I think it's interesting enough (I am bored at work too). I also want to know what people are doing on here. I think to give some sort of credibility, you'd have to put your age down.

:lol:

I'm an IT Analyst for a goverment agency. Not any secret spy stuff or anything, my job is prettt boring day to day. I work in/around eletronic health record systems. My actual responsibilities are analyzing applications (both vendor and proprietary) and creating reports on what they are, how they're used, etc so that other people can decide what to do with them.

Base salary is 50K, but with afterhours/overtime and a little contracting on the side, my actual take home can be anywhere between 50K-75K.

Just turned 24.

Maybe because he's not in a medical or engineering field? just a guess.

Yep. Art Major. Failure since day one.

I looked up the LinkedIn page "Asians that aren't doctors" and all the job listings were engineering jobs.

Go figure.

I was working as a financial analyst for a government contracting company until I built up the courage to quit last year and start up my own photography business. So I'm currently doing that full time as well as working at Starbucks 2-3 days a week. It's all so much more exhausting than when I was a financial analyst but it's so much more fulfilling.

I'll be 27 in March, btw.

I'm an underwriter in the DFW area. Made $43K last year.

I'm losing lol.

Quality Analyst for the govt.

I'm 30 and want a new job lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom