What does a groomesman do?

Is a rented tux really that bad? I didn't feel like throwing money away on something I'm only gonna wear once 

he mentioned to me about renting a wedding uniform so that was the giveaway. :lol:

if i somehow misconstrued what he said, its no sweat off my back. like i mentioned, im not really a wedding-festivities type of person but ill be there to support my friend. 

o and if the bridesmaids are her friends that ive met in the past, they are straight :x . also the women that ive met from his side of the family (sister, a few 1st/2nd cousins and such) are not good looking at all. 

Well damb!

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

wow,, balling man.

how many did you need to get. you must have high wedding budget. you and the fiance paying for the wedding yourself, or were you fortunate enough to have the "TRADITION" where brides DAD/PARENTS pay for everything.

6 groomsmen, plus myself, and both our nephews are serving as ring bearers. So I had to track down 7 adult pairs, 1 infant, and 1 kids. It was a chore, but I got it done. As for the balling, not so much. I've know all along I wanted to do this. Been dating my girl for 9 years now, so I had time to plan and save up. As for the wedding budget it's pretty high, but my future in-laws are paying for most of the festitivities. My bride to be is in real estate and property management, like her mom, and her pops is a surgeon. I could buy all my boys suits, and concords for way less than the Mrs. dropped on a dress.

:lol: at wearing sneakers. Do you, though.

To each his own my friend. We are wearing dress shoes to the wedding, which to me is the formal part. But to me the reception is a party. I want to be comfortable, I want my boys to be comfortable, and I view this as the biggest party of my life, so yeah I'm wearing my all-time favorite sneakers. Through this process I've come to the realization this is my and my girl's day, we are going to do what we want, how we want and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

Is a rented tux really that bad? I didn't feel like throwing money away on something I'm only gonna wear once 
The thing is, with weddings you're expected to dress the same as the rest of the Groomsmen... No use spending money on your own tux when you're just gonna be mismatched from everyone else in the party.  Tux rentals usually run $100-$150 for decent ones on a budget.

My groomsmen spent $130 on each tux... The tuxes came from a higher end shop and I got a deal on them however.

I'd be annoyed if someone wanted me to be in their wedding and made me spend more than $150 on my tux.

It can be bad if it is expensive. For my wedding we did a full morning suit formal tuxedo and ended up paying around 130. For a wedding I'm in this year I'm putting out 200 for a Vera Wang grey tux.

6 groomsmen, plus myself, and both our nephews are serving as ring bearers. So I had to track down 7 adult pairs, 1 infant, and 1 kids. It was a chore, but I got it done. As for the balling, not so much. I've know all along I wanted to do this. Been dating my girl for 9 years now, so I had time to plan and save up. As for the wedding budget it's pretty high, but my future in-laws are paying for most of the festitivities. My bride to be is in real estate and property management, like her mom, and her pops is a surgeon. I could buy all my boys suits, and concords for way less than the Mrs. dropped on a dress.
To each his own my friend. We are wearing dress shoes to the wedding, which to me is the formal part. But to me the reception is a party. I want to be comfortable, I want my boys to be comfortable, and I view this as the biggest party of my life, so yeah I'm wearing my all-time favorite sneakers. Through this process I've come to the realization this is my and my girl's day, we are going to do what we want, how we want and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

It can be bad if it is expensive. For my wedding we did a full morning suit formal tuxedo and ended up paying around 130. For a wedding I'm in this year I'm putting out 200 for a Vera Wang grey tux.
OD.
mean.gif

I just helped with tye bachelor party. Rented a boat and got bottle service. I had to pay for the garbage tux rental. He picked them I didn't have a choice in the matter. Yes it was at least 95 out that day. I was sweating booze by 1pm.

The thing is, with weddings you're expected to dress the same as the rest of the Groomsmen... No use spending money on your own tux when you're just gonna be mismatched from everyone else in the party.  Tux rentals usually run $100-$150 for decent ones on a budget.

My groomsmen spent $130 on each tux... The tuxes came from a higher end shop and I got a deal on them however.

I'd be annoyed if someone wanted me to be in their wedding and made me spend more than $150 on my tux.
We spending around 130 and they lady we are renting from said that if all the groomsmen go to her my rental is free. She even said I could pick out a Vera Wang for free

I'm going to be the best man in my boys wedding, all i have to do is plan the bachelor party (June in San Diego) then just show up at the wedding, its only me and the maid of honor (married w/kids) but I'm taking my girl with me so I'm not worried. Wedding is in July so i'm not sure what we're wearing yet, it's a small wedding so maybe just a sport jacket would be cool but we'll see.

As for the sneaker part I don't see anything wrong with it. I was originally not gonna wear them just dress shoes, but everyone was expecting me to wear them. So I'm just going to wear some dmp's during some of the photos

Sit/Stand/Pose wherever the bride tells u to and enjoy the free libations

For my wedding in June we are going with navy suits. None of my groomsmen own a navy suit, so I want them to buy; nothing expensive, but tailored correctly. Everyman needs a navy suit.
I expect my groomsmen to do the ushering, and help with the deliveries in the Mornjng.

**** when my bro got married i was his best man and they ****** up only mine and his suits the day before the wedding. we had to be at the ceremony at 1, didnt end up getting our tux until 4 hours before the wedding. we bugged out but it all turned out good.

The last wedding I was in we all bought the same suits from I believe Men's Warehouse. It's the only suit I own and am happy they went this route instead of renting a tux. I paid about the same for the suit as I did for a **** tux for my cousins wedding a few months later. The groom gave us our shirt/tie/socks/ whatever else I'm missing as our gift so we only paid for the suit.

I have to pay $195 for a fitted tux. Smh but I guess I get to keep it but not sure if ill use it again lol

I have to pay $195 for a fitted tux. Smh but I guess I get to keep it but not sure if ill use it again lol
Not bad if you get to keep it.

Back
Top Bottom